• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Games at Overton cancelled for tonight.

Saturday's Schedule

Franklin vs. Centennial 12 pm

Overton vs. Hillsboro 2:30 p.m

Overton has lights and a field that drains well. I can see a game or two tomorrow after the scheduled 2:30 game if hte rain will stop. Centennial has prom tomorrow night so that throws another kink in the schedule. Did no one at Centennial check the TSSAA schedule?

Surely they aren't playing at Indy today. I'm about 5 miles away and it has just poured here all day and it is still raining now.

...this tournament may get severely condensed...look at the 5 day. We have to be done on Wednesday.

The tourney does not have to be done on wed the tssaa states you must be complete by the 10th .

TSSAA CALENDAR

It is actually the 8th, not the 6th or 10th. I had looked at the calendar and saw the 6th, but that is actually for Tennis. It states on 5/8 that Districts must be completed on May 8.

If the forecast is anything close to correct, it looks like Tuesday may be the first day games are played, Monday evening if we are lucky, but with rain chances every single day next week.

TSSAA CALENDAR

It is actually the 8th, not the 6th or 10th. I had looked at the calendar and saw the 6th, but that is actually for Tennis. It states on 5/8 that Districts must be completed on May 8.

If the forecast is anything close to correct, it looks like Tuesday may be the first day games are played, Monday evening if we are lucky, but with rain chances every single day next week.

With rain throughout the state, would TSSAA let district play end the 10th, since that would not hinder any region play, since that starts the 11th?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Another Generation of the Lane name boosting the wrestling rivalry of McCallie - Baylor - Soddy. Great to see!!! https://www.timesfreepress.com/bestofpreps2024/Jaxon-Lane/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1ZWGaHB2ilMrnlyyumOPetIu9rF3aiBl0RtYQAEfwI3HxiFn--CtGziF8_aem_Achl6dRaS7Z-XOckkD2HqcBEsw7XwxkOKBY6-qTu8DCUR5253Zb_k5xogS7f0Dmq0Bq6wQdtwgcON0DQsPz-UlbN
    • A lot of people don’t realize how valuable JMO was. QB, safety, punter and holder on pat’s. Kid did it all. I fully believe if he was healthy Dburg would have made it to the ship last year. 
    • If Dyersburg quarterback who is also starting safety hadn’t got hurt it would of another blowout 
    • For perspective the county school I’m associated and graduated from only has 7,600 people in the entire county with a median age of roughly 47. That’s not very many 14-18 year olds to choose from. I think the football team had 25-28 kids or around there.  On the other hand Shelby County has 916,000+ with a median age of 36. This isn’t just about Shelby county, but all the big ones with huge economic advantages!  An urban/rural split would benefit tons of smaller schools that have to compete with counties with 120x the amount of people. Especially the ones who can pick and choose their players from a pool like that!   I also agree with Pujo about charter and magnets and they will eventually be phased into the private divisions because it is obviously an advantage plus all the funding! Add that county schools can’t go recruit outside of their county like charters and magnets!