Centennial versus Page

cowboys

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta take my Cougars on this one. For the fist time since the end of the '98 season, when they strung a few wins together before dropping one of the best games in Williamson Co in recent memory, they've got some momentum and confidence. That year they beat Hillwood 42-6, Lawrence Co 56-12, and Antioch 24-21 before losing the Battle of Franklin 21-20. The players had confidence and felt good about themselves and it reflected in their play. I see that same thing this year. Losing breeds losing and winning breeds winning. Centennial has never been consistent winners. That '98 team only went 4-6 and that is the peak of Cougar football. So it has been a struggle to overcome the loser mentality, but the Cougars have a chance to take another step in the right direction this week. They beat Page last year and that should give them a boost coming in this season. They dont play like losers anymore. The stiffest competition has been in the preseason and they've not backed down from anyone. They lost to Columbia but fought hard all game and then they took it to Blackman in another scrimmage. Page will be the toughest test of the season to date, and should be a good game but if the Cougars come out and play like that have been and keep the penalties and miscues to a minimum, they'll come out with a W.

Guest Gameplanman

This game either way will be decided by both defenses. Although I do believe Centennial can win, I think Page will pull out the win if they stop the run. Reason being is because Page's secondary can stop any good passing team. And we all know as far as the season is now Centennial has only ran. They proably can pass but they won't be use to it. Therefore I am leaning twoards only if they run and pass like they did this past week. Good luck to both teams.

this game will not be decided by defense but offense. both teams have very good defenses. page will not be able to stop the centennial run. chs has too many good backs how rotate regularly. page will have to be either in great shape or have the depth to hang with the chs backs.

cowboys i have not seen page play yet this season, but i can tell you that chs has a good defense. centennials secondary has good experience. they corners are all returning starters or 2nd stringer. they are also very deep in the secondard. centennial also has a very deep linebacking core, but they lost the two starting linebackers this year. look for phillip bates (i believe that he is #1) at mlb. mike morris who had playing time last year is playing lb too. josh booker is probably the best player on the centennial defense. he is very aggresive but has a probablem with coming to the ball to fast and over runs the play. he is a remarkable athlete. sorry i can not give info on the page offense, but i hope what i said answered your question. it will be a great game. good luck to both teams

I HAVE GIVEN A BRIEF GAME PLAN ON HOW I WOULD APPROACH THE GAME IF I WAS COACH.ITS UNDER THE OTHER THREAD CENT /PAGE ,COUGARS AND PATRIOTS FANS PLEASE READ IT, AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR GAME PLAN WOULD BE? LET ME KNOW HOW YOU WOULD APPROACH THE GAME IF YOU WERE COACH? THANKS BADBLUE.