6-AA Tournament

volsbbfan

wow. congrats to marion. 4 in a row is unheard of. probably the only team to go undefeated in regular season and post season play. at least in 6AA. congrats coach roberts and the boys. good luck to both in the region

Talkin bout great plays.. Trey Hills diving grab in center was the best play of the night saved a run or 2 for sure....Great job Marion, I couldnt be more proud....Love Yall

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. congrats to marion. 4 in a row is unheard of. probably the only team to go undefeated in regular season and post season play. at least in 6AA. congrats coach roberts and the boys. good luck to both in the region

First off congratulations to Marion for winning 4 in a row, and congrats to Sequatchie for never giving up on your season. 4 in a row is hard to do in any sport, but I don't think Marion went undefeated in post season play in 6AA ask CCS.

First off congratulations to Marion for winning 4 in a row, and congrats to Sequatchie for never giving up on your season. 4 in a row is hard to do in any sport, but I don't think Marion went undefeated in post season play in 6AA ask CCS.

Just a couple of corrections, We did lose to CCS in tournament play and even thought Caden got us going with the triple, it was Trey Hill's diving catch in center. Both teams played well. I knew it would be tough. Four district championships is very impressive but I think the number of wins over the last four years is also amazing. Marion has won 126 games and hopefully will add a few more before they are done. Good luck Bradley, Josh K., Josh H., Dykes, Kilgore and the rest of the boys from Dunlap. Win Monday and maybe with a little luck we can play one more time this year. Congratulations Marion and now lets take care of business and get back to the Boro.

Your right Committe..it is unheard of and will go unheard because these boys did not receive any press from this great game. I checked the Chattanooga Times website and the Chattanoogan and neither mentioned this impressive win. I am sorry guys that your not "special" enough to the Chattanooga area to receive coverage. Maybe they should look at this as a reason why their subscriptions are down again this year..I know we quit "taking" the paper for that reason. I don't know if the "local" paper was there or not but we if wont' start seeing more coverage of Jasper events and MCHS coverage in that paper maybe we should all quit reading it as well.

These boys will not go unheard of....we will let the bats do the talking!!!! (stepping off my soap box now...)

Please feel to correct me if I am wrong about the coverage..I did not buy a paper today..I can use that 75 cents elsewhere.

Itt is absolutely ridiculous that the most dominating team in any classification in the chattanooga area in the last four years receives nothing more than a box score. I have zero respect for the reporters and the tfp as

a whole. Just keep winning Marion everyone

Knows well who we are.

At least you had a box score, Sequatchie's biggest win in a few years wasn't even a box score.... If you had the name of Baylor, CCS, Red bank etc. you would have had a half of a page. The Chattanooga paper must have forgotten that the Sequatchie valley people can read and buy their paper too...... Oh by the way Josh Key's catch in the first inning was the catch of the game!

Anybody know game times for the Monday games yet?

First of all congragulations Marion, Especially Lucas, I was hoping you were going to get tired, but you are the man.

As far as bunting the the number three hitter, we bunted three and four in our win at Hixson. Its high school, you do not have Jeter and A Rod hitting 3 and 4. Our team has hit and played better this year. I thank Coach Robinson and Coach Mullins for putting in the time and working with our boys. I am proud of the Indians.

i stand corrected. i forgot about the ccs game. and while i do agree that marion has had an incredible run these last four years, there have been some other teams from the area to do pretty good as well. lookout valley for sure has had a pretty good run too, and dont forget baylor won a title in 06 or 07. but nevertheless good luck to both teams in the region.

lucas did pitch lights out....great game by MC...Seq is going to be really good in the coming years, playing young guys like they did and makin it to the Champ Game...reminds me of how Marion started their run bout 5 years ago...relying to youngs guys and then keep gettting better...when u do this your going to have a good leaders on your team and thats where it all starts.....

and I dont understand the Chatt Time...Theyve covered Marion Co. baseball really well in the past...There was always a reporter at the games ..I dont know what their deal is..but they shoulda been there