Dist 8 AAA

CONFUSIOUS

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should be a good tournament there are some good teams in our district and this the last time a 8-3A champion will be crowned with this current configuration.

As for my thoughts on CONFUSIOUS' post - I think CONFUSIOUS is a hater of all Coffee County sports because someone who cared at all about the town, school, kids, coaches, parents or athletic teams would not be posting this junk.

Coffee Should walk through this one. They proved that Lincoln was over rated. What is everybodies thoughts.

Very Classy Post!! It's best not to call someone OVERRATED when you finish behind them. Also not a good ideal to put alot of stock into a meaningless tournament. Just a thought. Should be a great tournament.

Very Classy Post!! It's best not to call someone OVERRATED when you finish behind them. Also not a good ideal to put alot of stock into a meaningless tournament. Just a thought. Should be a great tournament.

Most of us figure Confusions is someone no longer associated wih the program just trying to do anything they can to stir bad feelings toward Coffee County. Lincoln County is the real deal as is Lawrenceburg and I understand Shelbyville is peaking at the right time. This will be a tough district tournament and good luck to all. Obviously you want to see your own kids do well but more than that I want to see all the kids on all teams just play to their potential.

It has been a great year for all the girls of 8AAA. Which ever two teams move on I hope they make it to state so they can represent the rest of us.

Good luck ladies of 8AAA. Lets have no injuries and good luck after district. Respect each others work and keep working hard.

Let's play nice boys and girls. Moderators are watching. This thread can go "POOF" too.

Good luck to Coffee County and my longtime friend Terry Floyd.

DL (who still wants a wynx reunion tour so I can pull security again for one of my favorite bands of all time. wynx! wynx! wynx! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> )

Let's play nice boys and girls. Moderators are watching. This thread can go "POOF" too.

Good luck to Coffee County and my longtime friend Terry Floyd.

DL (who still wants a wynx reunion tour so I can pull security again for one of my favorite bands of all time. wynx! wynx! wynx! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> )

So who is the favorite. Coffee County, Lincoln County, Lawrence County? I think any of those three could win the district. Only two will advance, one will be going home.

I am a fan and i am sorry for causing problems for all of my friends and maybe my post are to direct. But i still feel that we are pretty good this year, i just won't say it anymore.

If you are I apologize to you and compliment your enthusiasm for your team. These girls, coaches and parents have had to weather a lot of mess and misinformation for the past couple of years. That is not your fault and no way you could know. It taints reactions from people like me and even can cause coaches to not "coach" as well due to what they have dealt with in the past.

No one is perfect and goodness knows I am not. I know the girls and coaches love the fans that come to cheer them on. This group of girls and coaches are truley a group that the community can rally around and support as they go as far as they can just like all the other teams in our district.

However far they get they have had a good year and their community should be proud of them.

So who is the favorite. Coffee County, Lincoln County, Lawrence County? I think any of those three could win the district. Only two will advance, one will be going home.

As someone who has seen them all but doesn't have a dog in the hunt, I'd have to give a slight edge to Coffee County based on experience. Two talented, veteran pitchers and a large group of seniors (I think 7 on the field usually) who made it to the substate last year make this a team to be reckoned with at tournament time.

Lincoln County has more than proven they can play with Coffee County. After all, they've beaten them twice already. If there is a chink in the armor for this very talented team, it is youth. Loaded with talented freshmen and sophomores. If they don't get tournament-itis but play the way they've played all season, they obviously are a threat to win it.

Lawrence County has a veteran pitcher with the best off-speed stuff in the district. They are good. My only question about them is, do they know how good they are? There's a process a team goes through when it rises from near the bottom of the pack to near the top. What gets them finally over the top is belief that they can do it. If they believe, then I believe, too, and they are a legitimate threat to win it.

I think there's an obvious divide between those three teams and the remainder of the district. While the rest have some strong points, there is a lot of youth in some key positions, and the pitching might not be quite at the level of the top three teams. They all have some young, up-and-coming pitchers, however, who could make the district a real horse race next year (behind Lincoln County, that is).