Oak Ridge Job

HOOPSGURU

He is going with Ricky to Webb to be his assistant and coach the JV. Doing some fundraising work, but I think the coaching bug has bit him! I have always been a pretty realistic parent when it comes to my kids abilities, but Zach will do a very good job coaching. Thanks for asking!

That's great to hear. Will he be doing something at Webb or just serving as a volunteer coach? They have a great young group coming up from middle school and will tremendously benefit from Ricky and Zack's coaching.

Wait a second ...that actually is horrible news since they're are big rivals.

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great to hear. Will he be doing something at Webb or just serving as a volunteer coach? They have a great young group coming up from middle school and will tremendously benefit from Ricky and Zack's coaching.

Wait a second ...that actually is horrible news since they're are big rivals.

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I probably shouldn't say, due to Zach's current situation! I am looking forward to getting back involved with the game again. I have been really missing it the last couple of years!

I would take Jody Wright over Green every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Not even close! Not to say Green wouldn't be a good choice, but not over Jody Wright.

I think whoever they hire (I'm assuming that the Wright's Todd and Jody and Aaron Green are leading for the job) Oak Ridge will be getting a great coach. I don't see Jody Wright leaving Fulton since he's one of the few administrators in Knox County allowed to coach. No teaching responsibility and he runs the athletic department so why leave. I know Oak Ridge pays well but so do the assistant principal positions in Knox Co. It looks as if Oak Ridge can't go wrong with whom they pick. However, they could shock everyone and hire a coach from West Tennessee or Middle Tennessee.

David Scott would be an excellent choice as would Jody Wright. It is obvious that Jody has a better track record at Fulton than David who has been Jill's assistant for the past several years. Both know the game and how to handle the kids. Jody is now in administration at Fulton and would probably have to teach at OR. Might or might not be a cut in pay. Admin vs. teaching, who knows. Aaron Green, imo, would be down the list. If you have ever watched him when he was coaching @ Cleveland, he was a walking time bomb. He can get out of control. Interesting that he would leave Cleveland to be a Grad assiistant @ TN and then start interviewing for HS jobs. I would have thougth that the next step would be a college assistant's job someplace. It may be that he does not wish to leave Knoxpatch area. Just a few thoughts and opinions. Maybe even open up a can of worms.

Yeah I have watched Green coach at Cleveland when he beat Jody Wright (Fulton) and Mark Blevins (Bearden) during the Super 16 at Bearden. Also watched him coach Cleveland in the Boys AAA State Tournament in 2005.

The position that Pearl was/is creating would pay much less than the job at OR. AG was going to Boston University with Tony Jones until that job fell through. I agree Aaron would be successful at OR if hired.

I would disagree that coaching girls is a different world. Coaching is coaching and a successful h.s. and college coach would have all the attributes needed to be effective as a coach no matter hs or college, boys or girls! You're telling me his college body of work at Roane State and Maryville College isn't as important as a little more h.s. experience. Don't know Wright just speaking of a successful coach in general.

Anyone that has coached girls and boys basketball would tell you there is a huge difference. This is a discussion for another day.

I would take Jody Wright over Green every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Not even close! Not to say Green wouldn't be a good choice, but not over Jody Wright.

Come on now...don't put words in my mouth! I never said anything about taking Green over Wright. Jody just won back to back state championships. Jody would be the front runner for most high school jobs in the state regardless of the competition.

Anyone that has coached girls and boys basketball would tell you there is a huge difference. This is a discussion for another day.

I agree there is a huge difference. However, I would think it is much easier for a male to go from girls to boys as opposed to going from boys to girls. Regardless, most "successful" coaches can handle either one.