D-B SPRING PRACTICE-Lets get it going !

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a {kid ,family member,friend }playing at DB or just love Dobyns Bennett football,today is your day to watch the Maroon and Grey game. It's a chance to see most of the guys on the team play.The only reason you won't see them all,is because a few will be back this fall.We all know that it's not often at a school like DB,you get everyone on the field.So come and enjoy Kingsports favorite team,{The winningest team in Tennessee Highschool Football History} .

If you have a {kid ,family member,friend }playing at DB or just love Dobyns Bennett football,today is your day to watch the Maroon and Grey game. It's a chance to see most of the guys on the team play.The only reason you won't see them all,is because a few will be back this fall.We all know that it's not often at a school like DB,you get everyone on the field.So come and enjoy Kingsports favorite team,{The winningest team in Tennessee Highschool Football History} .

Is it still supposed to start around 3:45?

I had car trouble yesterday and ended up not getting to go to the intra-squad scrimmage. Can anybody who went give us some details on how the Tribe looked yesterday? What areas impressed? What areas need work? Any kids that really stood out?

James Brown was two steps faster than anybody on the field. James had four touchdown runs that I would say avereraged 40 yards.This kid has to be on the field somewhere.The freshman running back {26}had a fine day as well,he is a bigger back with good speed and sure hands. He looks good at running back,but I couldn't help but see him in the backfield with Chris and James all together. I'm saying use James in a slot position and the freshman at fullback,put Derrick out wide and use all the good fast recievers we got in and out.

Even without the halls scrimmage,I thought we got some good things done this spring.The line may shape up as one of the bigger lines that we've had in a while.Moving Patrick to center and Hayworth to right guard{a place that I thought he looked very good for a young player}and Cory at right tackle,gives that right side some beef.On the left side,you have Cody at guard and either Leeper or Mat.In other words we didn't have any linebackers or fullbacks trying to play on the line during the last couple of days.If everyone can stay out of trouble and get back this fall,the line looks to have some size and depth.A big thing is nobody is having to play both ways so far.The big Nose guard{Mat S} has got size and attitude,I like his game.We just need to make sure some of our guys can play hard but not get put out of a game for fighting.Our ends and linebackers swarm like allways and our defensive backfield has some good athletes.One of the best hitters on the team is Chris,but I don't know if we will ever turn him loose on defense,he is a man at linebacker , but could help anywhere with his speed and strenth.Brown has got to get in the offense somewhere.Speed kills,and with Chris and Derrick allready in place,man!

If you want some true 2011 talent in the secondary look out for metro's McGavock Raiders Anthony Knight at safety who actually gave running back D.Turner a minor concussion at practice. Aaron Simms at the other safety is a speedy ball hawking safety. At Corner 5'11'' 180 Carl Moody is a run stopping corner.

If you want some true 2011 talent in the secondary look out for metro's McGavock Raiders Anthony Knight at safety who actually gave running back D.Turner a minor concussion at practice. Aaron Simms at the other safety is a speedy ball hawking safety. At Corner 5'11'' 180 Carl Moody is a run stopping corner.

WTF ? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />