Hood signs with UT

The idea that this kid should not have an opportunity to pursue his dreams and live out a normal life because of something he did at age 13 that the legal system has already dealt with is draconian. I have read the reports of the incident, and they are shocking. But adolescence is a time when it is very easy to lose one's way and when one is very vulnerable to peer influences. A recognition of this vulnerability underlies Juvenile Criminal Law, which focuses on giving young offenders a second chance and not writing them off.

I understand that having daughters and wives evokes a lot of emotion about this. I feel those same emotions about my daughter and wife but I also have a son. If my son at age 13 had done something like this, I would hope that he would get a second chance.

That the victim would write a letter for Daniel is astounding. She is a saint to be able to forgive him for something that has caused her great pain and altered the course of her young life. I also admire Knox Catholic for putting into practice the Christian teaching of forgiveness and the Christian belief in the possibility of redemption. I wish Daniel Hood well and hope he lives up to the responsibility of the second chance that he has been given.

I am assummingthat you vote Democrat. Phil Fulmer will agree with you that it is ok to recruit criminals.. However..

Just so we are on the same page,

If this happened to your Daughter by a young man like this..You are ok with him serving his time.. & then letting him go on with his life.. pursue his dreams... Etc.

Wow, we really do disagree. If you touch my Wife, My Daughter, My two Sisters or my Mother .. It will not be pretty. .. You will not be getting letters from me praising you for not doing it again & being a nice boy.. Saying you are sorry will not cut it with me, The good Lord will deal with both of us in time. I am glad that you are so forgiving..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea....

The same Lee Smith that has graduated from Marshall in three years and has been accepted into Law School????

Lee is in law school? I'm sure that would be news to both Lee and his dad.

While Lee has come a long way and has straightened his act up considerably, he is still working on his undergraduate degree at Marshall. He has lettered in both of his years of eligibility and is a solid contributor at Marshall, despite their having an all CUSA tight end in Cody Slate. Marshall runs a two tight end set a great deal of the time, so Lee is a prominent part of their offense.

Law school? Nope. In fact, I'm not even sure that Marshall has a law school.

Lee is in law school? I'm sure that would be news to both Lee and his dad.

While Lee has come a long way and has straightened his act up considerably, he is still working on his undergraduate degree at Marshall. He has lettered in both of his years of eligibility and is a solid contributor at Marshall, despite their having an all CUSA tight end in Cody Slate. Marshall runs a two tight end set a great deal of the time, so Lee is a prominent part of their offense.

Law school? Nope. In fact, I'm not even sure that Marshall has a law school.

Who is supplying him with his grades up there?