Hood signs with UT

This is a disgrace to the UT football team. What does this say about the program at UT? Lost alot of respect for the Kiffin clan. 27 other schools thought that is was bad enough to withdraw their scholarship offer. This is one UT fan that is disappointed.

I AGREE 100 PERCENT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hood has got to be the most mentally tough kid in the US right now. I agree with both parties in some ways, he did a very bad thing. But he admits to what he did and is very sorry for it(seems that way at least). But this kid made A's and B's all 3 years at catholic, and hasn't gotten in trouble since the "thing" a few years back. IMO UT just picked up a great player with a rough past...BIG DEAL!!! Didn't Noel Devine have like 3 kids or something? I wish only the best for this young man and I hope he and the rest of the amazing class of 09 help UT back to another championship!!

HOOD IS A PIECE OF CRAP, HE CAN GET ON ANY RADIO SHOW, OR DO ANY INTERVIEW THAT HE WANTS, AND SAY HE IS SORRY, AND ALL THAT BS THAT HE FEEDING YOU PEOPLE, BUT HE AINT PULLING THE WOOL OVER MY EYES. THE TRUTH IS HE DOES DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE, IN A STATE PEN, WITH HIS BUDDY! WHAT IS UT SAYING, WHEN YOU SIGN A CONVICTED RAPIST, AND KICK SOME ONE OFF WHO USED A FAKE ###### DURING A DRUG TEST,I FEEL LIKE TONY BOSILIO SAID WHEN THEY BROKE THE NEWS: IF IT WAS A TOP 5 QB IN THE NATION, IT WOULD BE A SHAKY RISK, BUT ON AN AVERAGE LINEMAN, AT BEST, YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. I WOULD LIKE TO ACTUALLY KNOW, HOW MUCH MONEY HOODS DAD GAVE DANIELS (FEMALE) COUSIN, TO WRITE THAT LETTER TO UT, AND I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY HE DONATED TO THE ATHLETIC CLUB AT UT ALSO? IF UT IS THAT HARD UP FOR LINEMAN, THE GO TO C-N TUSCULUM, AND OTHER HIGHSCHOOLS AROUND HERE AND SIGN PEOPLE WHO DESERVE IT, NOT SOMEONE, WHO NEEDS TO BE LOCKED UP, ONE MORE ? I HAVE IS DANIEL SAID THE REASON HE DID IT, WAS BC HE WAS SCARRED, OK, IF YOU WAS SCARRED, THEN WHY DIDNT YOU GO GET YOUR DAD IN THE OTHER ROOM, WHILE ALL THAT CRAP WAS GOIN ON, HE IS JUST AS GUILTY AS HIS FRIEND. SHAME ON YOU UT, I HOPE YOU DNT EVER WIN ANOTHER GAME UNTILL YOU GET RID OF THAT PIECE OF CRAP!

HOOD IS A PIECE OF CRAP, HE CAN GET ON ANY RADIO SHOW, OR DO ANY INTERVIEW THAT HE WANTS, AND SAY HE IS SORRY, AND ALL THAT BS THAT HE FEEDING YOU PEOPLE, BUT HE AINT PULLING THE WOOL OVER MY EYES. THE TRUTH IS HE DOES DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE, IN A STATE PEN, WITH HIS BUDDY! WHAT IS UT SAYING, WHEN YOU SIGN A CONVICTED RAPIST, AND KICK SOME ONE OFF WHO USED A FAKE ###### DURING A DRUG TEST,I FEEL LIKE TONY BOSILIO SAID WHEN THEY BROKE THE NEWS: IF IT WAS A TOP 5 QB IN THE NATION, IT WOULD BE A SHAKY RISK, BUT ON AN AVERAGE LINEMAN, AT BEST, YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. I WOULD LIKE TO ACTUALLY KNOW, HOW MUCH MONEY HOODS DAD GAVE DANIELS (FEMALE) COUSIN, TO WRITE THAT LETTER TO UT, AND I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY HE DONATED TO THE ATHLETIC CLUB AT UT ALSO? IF UT IS THAT HARD UP FOR LINEMAN, THE GO TO C-N TUSCULUM, AND OTHER HIGHSCHOOLS AROUND HERE AND SIGN PEOPLE WHO DESERVE IT, NOT SOMEONE, WHO NEEDS TO BE LOCKED UP, ONE MORE ? I HAVE IS DANIEL SAID THE REASON HE DID IT, WAS BC HE WAS SCARRED, OK, IF YOU WAS SCARRED, THEN WHY DIDNT YOU GO GET YOUR DAD IN THE OTHER ROOM, WHILE ALL THAT CRAP WAS GOIN ON, HE IS JUST AS GUILTY AS HIS FRIEND. SHAME ON YOU UT, I HOPE YOU DNT EVER WIN ANOTHER GAME UNTILL YOU GET RID OF THAT PIECE OF CRAP!

Lose the CAPS LOCK and learn to spell. At least Hood is intelligent. Glad you are perfect and have earned the right to trash 2 high school kids behind a screen name!

I just have to wonder where some of this venom was when he was allowed to enroll at Catholic??....Was it there??...I don't know, I'm asking.....Catholic had to know they were taking a huge chance on this kid and it seems like from reading some of the posts from Catholic fans he didn't cause any problems while he was enrolled in their school and in fact excelled....So I would guess he passed that test....

I'm conflicted on this issue....On the one hand what he was involved with was awful..Peer pressure or not it was unthinkable....On the other hand he went through the system and did whatever he had to do legally.....Should he still be in jail??..The court system didn't think so...That's not our call...If I had a daughter and it was her that this happened to, I doubt Hood or the 17 yr old would be around now to be doing anything anyway......I'm not one of these fans that think you should just get anybody to play for you, no matter their past....The UT administration would have to had signed off on his admission, not just the athletic department..Right??....There will not be a more scrutinized kid on the UT campus than Hood..One little misstep and I'm pretty confident he will be gone....Sometimes though, you might need to just pass on someone if for nothing else the PR hit you will take....Then again, Kiffin didn't buckle under to what he HAD to know was going to be bad press and bad feelings from his fanbase.....The victim did write a letter of recommendation to the university...Whether some think that letter was coerced or bought or whatever it is not up to us as a fanbase to argue......The knee jerk reaction is just to go holier than thou and continue to condemn the kid...I'm pretty sure, and I'm not a biblical scholar by any means, there is mention in the Good Book about forgiveness in a few places....Maybe some of the more zealous critics of this kid needs to think about that.....Everyone is entitled to their opinion though and I understand that...If it causes you so much distress then the only thing I can think of to say to you is start pulling for Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Florida State, Penn State and all those other schools that have never taken a chance on someone with less than a stellar past.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I hope the kid has truly turned his life around and will become or continue to be a model citizen and student....He will definitely have a testimony to share with other troubled youth if he can come through this and be a success.....More importantly, I hope the victim has or can be healed emotionally, physically and mentally and that she will be a success in everything she does from here on in....

Between 15 and 16.

Just my opinion, even at 13 most boys know right from wrong..

I do understand that this kid has had letters of recommendation from everyone including Santa Claus. One letter stands out, it was from the victim.

Somehow it is still not enough for me, it may be because I have a Daughter, a Wife, two Sisters & a Mother.

Just my opinion, even at 13 most boys know right from wrong..

I do understand that this kid has had letters of recommendation from everyone including Santa Claus. One letter stands out, it was from the victim.

Somehow it is still not enough for me, it may be because I have a Daughter, a Wife, two Sisters & a Mother.

The idea that this kid should not have an opportunity to pursue his dreams and live out a normal life because of something he did at age 13 that the legal system has already dealt with is draconian. I have read the reports of the incident, and they are shocking. But adolescence is a time when it is very easy to lose one's way and when one is very vulnerable to peer influences. A recognition of this vulnerability underlies Juvenile Criminal Law, which focuses on giving young offenders a second chance and not writing them off.

I understand that having daughters and wives evokes a lot of emotion about this. I feel those same emotions about my daughter and wife but I also have a son. If my son at age 13 had done something like this, I would hope that he would get a second chance.

That the victim would write a letter for Daniel is astounding. She is a saint to be able to forgive him for something that has caused her great pain and altered the course of her young life. I also admire Knox Catholic for putting into practice the Christian teaching of forgiveness and the Christian belief in the possibility of redemption. I wish Daniel Hood well and hope he lives up to the responsibility of the second chance that he has been given.

Thank you "just do it" for your intelligent post. I would like to enourage all the "experts" to stop voicing their uninformed opinions. If you don't have a dog in the fight, then stop fueling this fire.

I think the best course of action is:

1. Let things play out.

2. That's it.

I guarantee he will not make a major mistake while at UT. And if he does, you can bet your bottom dollar that the UT administration and Lane Kiffen will kick him to the curb faster than you can say "Rocky Top."

Go home "oppressed." We all know your trying to make up for a certain stiff-arm to your middle linebacker...it wasn't personal, it was just football.

BTW, did you count that as one of his 7 receptions!?!?

Haha, stop hating...Go Irish!

Thank you "just do it" for your intelligent post. I would like to enourage all the "experts" to stop voicing their uninformed opinions. If you don't have a dog in the fight, then stop fueling this fire.

I think the best course of action is:

1. Let things play out.

2. That's it.

I guarantee he will not make a major mistake while at UT. And if he does, you can bet your bottom dollar that the UT administration and Lane Kiffen will kick him to the curb faster than you can say "Rocky Top."

Go home "oppressed." We all know your trying to make up for a certain stiff-arm to your middle linebacker...it wasn't personal, it was just football.

BTW, did you count that as one of his 7 receptions!?!?

Haha, stop hating...Go Irish!

Wish you guys were still on the Baylor schedule. That was a a very competitive game last season.

I guess I'm just Old School.

I had a team mate (an excellent athlete) who got into a fight with another guy at our middle school.

He didn't start it, but he sure finished

They got into it, he hit the guy with a baseball bat because other guy was bigger, stronger etc; guy was hurt badly and went into a coma for about a month. He recovered.

Team mate went to ONLY til he was 18.

No private school, no sports, but today he is an excellent husband, parent, and citizen and he will tell you he deserved the punishment because he could have "walked away". The opportunity was there to walk away.

He could have changed the outcome and didn't.

In his case he got his second chance after he paid for his for his bad decision.

IMHO, this kid hasn't really paid yet.