Farragut vs. Oak Ridge

OldSoccerFan

How arrogant of you to say that he must be an OR player or parent! I thought speedrush predicted this one the way he sees it. I happen to agree with him. If anyone has stirred up the hornets nest, it would be you! Is it so surprising that someone predicts the mighty Admirals may be beaten. It has happened- just ask CAK! Sometimes, the better team does not win the game- sometimes they do- but Oak Ridge is a good team and they should be ticked with losing to West.

I say Oak Ridge 2-1. Either way, East Tennessee will be strong going on to State!

Good luck to both teams!!!

Psude,Psude,Peude....and how arrogant of you to take your shots at the mighty admirals when you as a staunch Bearden fan must be burned about the 2 games so far between Farragut and Bearden. So yes the Farragut team can be beaten as can Bearden but I will say this if I recall right Grico the best player in the area so far this year did not play in the first Oak Ridge game and Farragut for some dumb reason played 3 games in 4 days in the cold and looked tired against Oak Ridge. That being said I saw several Oak Ridge games and they have improved.

Last year I certainly gave West a chance against Farragut because of the first game where Farragut only won 1-0 and I predicted West to win last year 2-1. But last years Farragut team underperformed and should have found a way but didn't.

Oak Ridge has the keeper to hold Farragut but not the offense to score enough to beat them. This one will be 1 or 2 to 0 Farragut the winner. My opinion is not biased based but performance based and I call them like I see them. As I did last year predicting West over Farragut but I missed Oak Ridge over Maryville..........The other side of this regional I see Bearden 2-1 over West and listen to me "a shocker in A/AA"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psude,Psude,Peude....and how arrogant of you to take your shots at the mighty admirals when you as a staunch Bearden fan must be burned about the 2 games so far between Farragut and Bearden. So yes the Farragut team can be beaten as can Bearden but I will say this if I recall right Grico the best player in the area so far this year did not play in the first Oak Ridge game and Farragut for some dumb reason played 3 games in 4 days in the cold and looked tired against Oak Ridge. That being said I saw several Oak Ridge games and they have improved.

Last year I certainly gave West a chance against Farragut because of the first game where Farragut only won 1-0 and I predicted West to win last year 2-1. But last years Farragut team underperformed and should have found a way but didn't.

Oak Ridge has the keeper to hold Farragut but not the offense to score enough to beat them. This one will be 1 or 2 to 0 Farragut the winner. My opinion is not biased based but performance based and I call them like I see them. As I did last year predicting West over Farragut but I missed Oak Ridge over Maryville..........The other side of this regional I see Bearden 2-1 over West and listen to me "a shocker in A/AA"

Farragut wins easily 4-0 with no test Oak Ridge can't hold their offense

Farragut wins easily 4-0 with no test Oak Ridge can't hold their offense

A 4-0 win would not be surprising, BUT a bit unrealistic since Farragut has not scored that many against any quality team all year. The 3-1 & 3-0 scores against Bearden was a combination of two things (in my opinion): rivalry adrenaline and talent (after the first two, it may be that Farragut is just better than Bearden, this year). Not sure if they get as pumped up playing any other team, so I see it being a lower scoring game. 2-0 Farragut.

Ouch!!!! They scored 4 on us and I don't think we are that bad.

No disrespect intended, I should have said and meant to say, a four goal spread! Sorry about the unintentional comment. Besides Bearden, I would have to say the game against Alcoa was one of their better showings (of late).

on the pitch....how was my precicting that Oak Ridge would win arrogant or taking a shot at Farragut?? My whole point was in response to someone who said that the other person must be a OR player or parent because they also predicted OR to win. It seems that any time someone predicts a team to beat Farragut, all the Farragut people get on here and say things like "how arrogant of you to take your shots at the might admirals", or they say- "You are stirring up a hornets nest"! I have no children at Bearden- haven't for 2 years...so I have no dog in the fight. My children are now playing college soccer, one is playing professional soccer (USL) , the other is playing football (the kind with the oblong, brown ball!) My children played at Bearden and Oak Ridge- all of them played in at least 1 state championship game while at these schools- so I tend to want them to win whenever they play! If Farragut advances- I promise I will be a Farragut fan and pull for them whoever they play! Same thing goes for West! I like to pull for this area- whoever makes it! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

its ok pseudophobia, I did not take anything personal

I am neither an OR parent or player but i have seen them play many times and i was being serious with my prediction. I was at the first meeting between the two teams and thought that OR had just as many or even more chances than Farragut. My prediction may be different from the rest but it is just what I think may happen. I will be watching tomorrow evening and I'm hoping for a great one.

Psude point well taken, but saying the mighty admirals seemed like a shot. I think if you go back and look,, it is one poster who keeps saying things like the hornets nest and other statements and I don't believe him to be a Farragut fan but a trouble maker...never nothing good to say.

Both teams have dramatically improved but in the First game, I think the tie was more of a result of a tired Farragut team after a run of games in a row. This time will truly tell which teams wants it and which coach prepared his team. Big Keeper for OR can be a difference and he will want to prove his dominance after the goals scored by West. BUT, those were exceptional goals, few could have stopped them.