Anderson County Football

People who are not use to winning are funny.... Who would bring up a region championship this past season when you got ran over in playoffs come on. Start a winning tradition like back to back region champs and a trip to Murfreesboro with a little hardware in that trophy case. Then you can get on here and tell us how good you are. Come on Grace realize you are getting better sports programs but are not in that elite level yet in any sports. By the way Grace is always going to have Clinton kids, Oak Ridge kids, Karns kids etc. They have no zone they will get whomever wants to come so lay off all the transfers these kids wanted to go somewhere they could play and I dont blame them who wants to watch from the sidelines?

If any of these transfers would be on the sidelines, then there must have been something really wrong with the program/coaches...all of them have gotten college football offers...sidelines? I don't think so..

Yes, they did lose in the playoffs, but at least they got there and won the Region....a lot didn't get that far. Nobody said anything about being elite...yet... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard, he wasn't any good as an assistant. There is no way he could hack it as the head man. He was a lineman when he played anyways. They don't know half as much about the game as QB's do.

Not so fast Fan. Linemen usually have to "learn" the game of football. They are usually not the natural athlete that didn't have to learn the game. Quarterbacks many times are "gifted" and perform naturally. They don't have to learn to run, to make moves, cuts, to throw, to catch the ball etc. Now the lineman have to be taught to a greated degree. Now back to your statement about linemen don't know the game: The person who had to learn how to perform can usually TEACH someone bettr because they had to learn. If I didn't have to learn to make cuts and a player asks me how to make cuts - I have a hard time telling him how to do it because I didn't have to learn how. I was never in his place as NOT knowing how to make cuts. Also, look at your college and pro coaches - how many natural athletes are head coaches? Very few. Most are linemen, linebackers or DB's. They had to learn the game. On another example: A math whiz makes a poor math teacher. They can't understand why a person can't find the square root of 144 when it is so simple to them. They have a hard time relating because math was "natural" to them.

From what I have heard, he wasn't any good as an assistant. There is no way he could hack it as the head man. He was a lineman when he played anyways. They don't know half as much about the game as QB's do.

Davey Gillum is the new head coach at AC.

Gee, do you think QB's know anything about blocking scheme's...down, out, seal? They (qb's) probably don't know half as much as a good lineman knows about what it takes to give them(qb's) time to find their backs and receivers. Kindly hard for these really intelligent qb's to look very intelligent laying on their backside. What's even more stupid is when these really intelligent qb's don't know any better than to p### their best friends (linemen) off and feelings get hurt because someone really intelligent shot their stupid mouth off and a really mean and big linebacker just happens to get up close and personal with these really intelligent qb's because a very sensitive lineman looked the other way. GIVE ME A BREAK! ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE REALLY INTELLIGENT QB'S THAT KNOW EVERYTHING? Sheesh.

Not so fast Fan. Linemen usually have to "learn" the game of football. They are usually not the natural athlete that didn't have to learn the game. Quarterbacks many times are "gifted" and perform naturally. They don't have to learn to run, to make moves, cuts, to throw, to catch the ball etc. Now the lineman have to be taught to a greated degree. Now back to your statement about linemen don't know the game: The person who had to learn how to perform can usually TEACH someone bettr because they had to learn. If I didn't have to learn to make cuts and a player asks me how to make cuts - I have a hard time telling him how to do it because I didn't have to learn how. I was never in his place as NOT knowing how to make cuts. Also, look at your college and pro coaches - how many natural athletes are head coaches? Very few. Most are linemen, linebackers or DB's. They had to learn the game. On another example: A math whiz makes a poor math teacher. They can't understand why a person can't find the square root of 144 when it is so simple to them. They have a hard time relating because math was "natural" to them.

Scooter, obviously you are were a lineman. I'm sorry to insult you. I did not mean that at all. I was actually just taking a stab at QB#7. I honestly do think that lineman know alot about the game. Very few DB's know what a 2i technique is. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Scooter, obviously you are were a lineman. I'm sorry to insult you. I did not mean that at all. I was actually just taking a stab at QB#7. I honestly do think that lineman know alot about the game. Very few DB's know what a 2i technique is. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hey Fan: No problem - For sure didn't insult me. I was just throwing in a little info.