CAK vs. Carter

OldSoccerFan

I know, I've heard he is a great player. Never seen him play personally. That is why I said "contain" instead of "stop". I thought I did rather well choosing my words. I learn from BigG.

I understand. The old adage, "You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him." It was a good choice of words. I just keep thinking of the 3 Alcoa defenders trying to "contain" him inside the box on the right side of the goal the other night when he made a couple of direction changes, got past them all, and buried it just under the crossbar.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pitbul, why you gotta keep bringing up that old stuff? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

HAHA, no disrespect. Alcoa did win the game. Better? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

it's all good, I have a recurring nightmare of that scene. I'm glad I don't have to figure a way out to stop mark anymore.

IDK if Carter wins and Alcoa wins you could face him again in the state semi's no?

IDK if Carter wins and Alcoa wins you could face him again in the state semi's no?

Sorry maybe not the semi's but the finals

actually, if we both won, I'd see him this thursday in the region semi's /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I guess I could handle seeing him once or twice more than. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

actually, if we both won, I'd see him this thursday in the region semi's /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I guess I could handle seeing him once or twice more than. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I am all for twice more...think G would comply? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Well, bring your soft grounds. "Water water everywhere and no place for it to drain". Ok, so that's not really a quote, but it applies.

We rolled the field today, and hopefully will roll it again tomorrow to make a better surface before it "dries". We are going to try and get the blower out there again, but it really isn't standing water that is the problem. It's the total saturation of all the ground beneath it. Flanks are great, but some areas are goopy. We were out last time with a shop vac and extension chord (no joke) and if we have to, we'll do it again tomorrow. (I was thinking about having my freshmen roll around on the field to dry it off, but they didn't seem to like that too much for some reason!)

At least the weather will be nice!

G, I say you have the Ragland brothers roll around on it...what do you say?... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Its amazing that the ground is still so wet considering we have not had heavy rain for a couple of days or more.

G, I say you have the Ragland brothers roll around on it...what do you say?... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Its amazing that the ground is still so wet considering we have not had heavy rain for a couple of days or more.

Ha ha! Maybe the whole Ragland family! I think there is like 20 of them, isn't there?! It would get dry in a HURRY!

It rained last night, and on Saturday here in Knoxville (or so I heard, I was in NC) so it hasn't really had a chance to dry out much.

Balboa, are you coming to the game?