Mcminn Cent. past Coach Danny Williams

I was lucky enough to play for him. Didnt have the most success on the field, but he loves to teach the game. He is better at the defensive scheme I didnt really care for his West Coast Spread offense. I believe he will do good at Sweetwater. Players better be disciplined because he wont put up with the crap.

Let us know what you think about a past Coach of yours. Coach Danny Williams?

Danny Williams is a fine football coach. He's old school and a very good defense coach. He coached at Central and at Ooltawah. Never had a lot of talent. He is extremely funny and a darned good guy. Maybe he could get the 1986 Mcminn Central staff back together. They could build a REAL program in Sweetwater. Good luck sweetwater. Danny would be a great hire.

i played under coach williams for three years...three rough years...and all i can say is i would run through a brick wall for him...all he asked of you was everything you had every practice and every game...he didn't get that from all of us, but he did from a few...it was said earlier that he never had any talent...i disagree. granted he never had anywhere near the talent coach d has now, but coach williams never could change the losing attitude at central...coach derrick has...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• RR, you might remember. Didn’t someone hide the kicking shoe that game? It seems I remember we had missed a kick the week before, and we needed all the points we could get. We thought we had a better chance going for two, so $?&@$ hid the shoe after the first miss that game. No one on our sideline looked for it very hard.
    • I will never forget the 1983 Heritage vs Maryville game. I remember driving home and listening to WGAP. Can't remember the announcers name. He asked Coach Story why he kept going for 2? Story told him " Why didn't you ask Renfro that last year"
    • TSSAA will let them all go to Mase.
    • Well nothing new, the Mustangs are really talented again this coming season!  They very well could go undefeated in regular season.  We shall see what happens in postseason.  I think the path to state title game is a little clearer than years past.  I think the Stangs are going to be really good and I think the traditional teams around in 2A are not going to be as strong.  It should be a fun season!