SCHS-OSHS predictions

bigreid

Didn't know Smith County moved up so talk it up, but I may have been the only person in Roane County to pick Smith County to win. Congrats, but remember to be humble until you whip Trousdale and Portland which you might just do this year. Again congratulations on the win. I don't know if these two teams will continue scheduling each other in the future but these last two years saw some good football from both teams.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, You guys started the talking/writing before this game. The posts clearly show the tone set by SMith COunty fans with Predictions. Whenever OS fans predictied a win it seemed to set an insecurity off within Fan, Imallan, and Antwan that created mass Smith County COacht.com hysteria. If you reread the posts that is plain and simple. I only responded to the tone you started. You guys are the same posters that were crying when last year making every excuse when Oliver Springs beat up on Smith County in Carthrage last year. Smith County has an excellent ballclub and could make some noise. If both Antwan and Imallan are this misguided, I suggest to to you guys to get out of Carthrage more than the ocassional trip on Friday nights. ( btw, going to the Macdonald's on the interstate isn't traveling out of Carthrage) Good Luck..

Smith Co. shot themselves in the foot in the first quarter! At the start of the second quarter it should have been 14-0. Good job OS on stopping us if you want to call it that. I feel it was a little bit of both. We move the ball inside the 10 yard line on our second drive and get the clipping penalty. OS never posed a threat in the first half whether you want to admit it or not. You had one drive where you got outside of your 25 yard line. Smith Co. made mistakes in the first half. I'll give credit to OS's D!! To play an entire half of football on your side of the field against a team like Smith Co. and not giving up any points is saying something about your Defense. It was a good ball game to watch!! Best of luck to OS for the rest of the season

Posted by OS91:

OS 24 Smith County 14

OS beats a top notch AAA team at DJ Britian Field in Oliver SPrings in convincing fashion on Friday Night. OS Quarterback Whalen will be the difference. Antwan, you are way out in left field on your points on OS Quarterback Whalen and receiving. OS will have a decisive edge on specila teams as all Frank Johnsons teams usually do. Whalen might be the best athlete on field and his passing looked SHARP last week throwing for over 100 yards to multiple receivers. OS defense has yet to be scored on and Looks dominating. I dont think SC can score more than 2 touchdowns on OS defense. I will give them that, but OS will win field position on kickoffs and punts, and the offense will be solid scoring 24 points.

OS 24 SC 14... OS is a top 5 AA team..... doubters will become believers soon..

This post is the one that set the tone for the week. Read it yourself, if the shoe had been on the other foot...what would you have said. :D

Posted by Antwan:
Posted by OS91:

OS 24 Smith County 14

OS beats a top notch AAA team at DJ Britian Field in Oliver SPrings in convincing fashion on Friday Night. OS Quarterback Whalen will be the difference. Antwan, you are way out in left field on your points on OS Quarterback Whalen and receiving. OS will have a decisive edge on specila teams as all Frank Johnsons teams usually do. Whalen might be the best athlete on field and his passing looked SHARP last week throwing for over 100 yards to multiple receivers. OS defense has yet to be scored on and Looks dominating. I dont think SC can score more than 2 touchdowns on OS defense. I will give them that, but OS will win field position on kickoffs and punts, and the offense will be solid scoring 24 points.

OS 24 SC 14... OS is a top 5 AA team..... doubters will become believers soon..

I didn't say anything about OS's passing game. I expect they will try to pass as they did last year. Kyle was the difference last year along with SC fumbling on their own 2.

Kyle broke 3 long runs which put OS in good field position. All 3 times he was hit by more than one tackler that didn't wrap him up in the 1st half. He was a very elusive and tough back. There is no way OS will score 24. You won't be able to stop Ward. If SC takes care of the ball, they are hard to stop. As far as special teams, SC has improved greatly since last year. I think they will hold their own in that department too.

I think this post was accurate. OS did not stop Ward...OS did not score 24...SC didn't take care of the ball, but still won...special teams were not a factor. :D

Posted by OS91:

Ok, time to get serious on this board and roll up my sleeves after reading some of these Smith County posts. You would think Smith COunty was a major powerhouse ( which they are far from) with the attitude of how mighty SMith COunty is acting in regarding to the clash this Friday night in questioning OS's 2-0 record, its schedule, and the disbelief in some OS fans post that predict OS winning?

Its time for a pre game reality check for SMith COunty Posters

Here are the Facts. Oliver Springs beat Smith County at Carthrage last year. That victory was one of many over a tenacious schedule the Bobcats had last year. Smith County was humiliated last year mutiple times against a couple teams in their own region. OS has played the big boys and played them touch in scrimmages such as AC and CLinton( which SMith COunty is nowhere close to in terms of talent and ability) OS has every reason to be confident and think they have the ability to win this game. Smith County is a good 3-a school and building their program and elevating it.

OS already plays 3-A schools on a regular basis and has been winning on a regular basis of late ( ask Kingston, Lenior City, Scott COunty, Anderson County in a scrimmage)

My question wouldnt be if OS is acting overconfident is thinking they can win this game, but my question would be is Smith County posters trying to elevate their football team with a reputation that has yet to deliver? I hope your trip to East Tennessee is a good one.... OS awaits

Again, this post was very offensive. We were not humiliated last year in our region except for the loss at Trousdale. We played very well in the rematch losing 14-7 after leading 7-0 late. SC is a school with a 2a enrollment, just like OS. We have several disrict championships along with 1 regional championship when we were in the same region with the privates. We have 1 semifinal appearance when there were only 3 classes. You made a big deal out of beating Anderson Co. in a scrimmage. Anderson Co. has a good program, but scrimmages don't mean much. We beat White House (a good 4a team) 20-0, but I didn't mention that, because it meant nothing. :D

I like talking smack before a game. I though this is what this board was for. I have noticed in the past you Oliver Springs guys dont mind dishing it out. So dont play the victim role please. It looks to me Smith and Oliver fans have alot in common. We hate to lose. As for stats...I dont have them for last year but last nites were..Smith-272 rushing...Oliver Springs-63. Passing...(do we do that?) Smith-0...Oliver Springs-84. You guys did have a balenced attack...Ill give you that.

:D

Fan

[Edited by fanman on 9-14-02 1:10P]

Posted by OS91:

Smith County will not score 3 touchdowns on OS.. You can take that to the bank.. The defense to too good, its at Home, and OS wins 24-14. It's a long trip back to Carthrage from East Tennessee...

I guess this post wasn't offensive either. We went to the bank and made our withdrawal(21-7). The defense was good, but not good enough...home field didn't matter...it wasn't such a long trip for the ones that went. :D

Posted by Antwan:
Posted by OS91:

Smith County will not score 3 touchdowns on OS.. You can take that to the bank.. The defense to too good, its at Home, and OS wins 24-14. It's a long trip back to Carthrage from East Tennessee...

I guess this post wasn't offensive either. We went to the bank and made our withdrawal(21-7). The defense was good, but not good enough...home field didn't matter...it wasn't such a long trip for the ones that went. :D

Shortest 2 hours I've driven in a while. :)

Fan