Lookout Valley / Grace score?

Stones34

Talked to Coach Dinger as LV players, fans, umpires, media, and even Grace Academy fans were waiting for the Eagles to show up and he said he had talked to the Grace coach the day before and the game was to be played on Monday evening at 6pm. I believe Grace sgould have handled the situation better and not left LV to sit and wonder for a few hours. I also think that Grace should have to pay the umpire AND pay LV back any lost revenue.

My understanding of the situation is that the athletic directors from both schools had agreed on tonight at 6PM. I am sure that Grace and their fans are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. I am also very well aware that LV are very enthusiastic about their baseball......life goes on!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to Coach Dinger as LV players, fans, umpires, media, and even Grace Academy fans were waiting for the Eagles to show up and he said he had talked to the Grace coach the day before and the game was to be played on Monday evening at 6pm. I believe Grace sgould have handled the situation better and not left LV to sit and wonder for a few hours. I also think that Grace should have to pay the umpire AND pay LV back any lost revenue.

Grace has already offered to do everything they need too. As far as handling the situation better, Grace would love to not have lost one of their students and have to be planning visitation and a funeral. I won't go into all the behind the scenes details of what happened, but to get on here and say what you are saying without knowing fully what you are talking about and to show no respect to what these kids are going through makes you look bad. Please find out the whole story before you start making comments that are trying to make Grace look bad. We all love baseball, but these kids at Grace needed to get through today before they worried about something that is not nearly important than someone's life. I am glad things got worked out and hope that both teams play well.

I thought Lookout Valley played Silverdale? Where does Grace come into this?

2009 TSSAA Region matchups.

Somehow, somewhere along the way, the Grace Baptist/Silverdale Baptist game, which was actually the losers' bracket final of District 5-A, was mislabeled as the championship game. Grace won that game and then conceded the final round to the winners' bracket team, David Brainerd (who then lost to Signal Mountain in the region semifinals).

Somehow, somewhere along the way, the Grace Baptist/Silverdale Baptist game, which was actually the losers' bracket final of District 5-A, was mislabeled as the championship game. Grace won that game and then conceded the final round to the winners' bracket team, David Brainerd (who then lost to Signal Mountain in the region semifinals).

Maybe you didn't understand my question, I'll try again.

If Lookout Valley was supposed to play Silverdale, what did Grace have to do with the game? Or is the TSSAA bracket wrong?

Maybe you didn't understand my question, I'll try again.

If Lookout Valley was supposed to play Silverdale, what did Grace have to do with the game? Or is the TSSAA bracket wrong?

No, he answerd you question... I guess the bracket on T$$AA.org is wrong. They must have mistakingly thought the D5A loser bracket final was the championship, but it obvouisly wasn't. So that woulda put Grace vs. DB in the D-5A championship, then Grace conceded the game. Which means DB was the D-5A champion, and Grace was the runner-up.

Lookout Valley 11 to 1 in 5. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good Job Grace on a Great season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> See some of yall in Football! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />