Halls High School

HallsNeedsIt,

Typicle parent that is upset that your little boy aint playing enuff to suit you. Let the coaches make the choice of who plays and who dont. Now if we go and win the Region this year, you will vote KJ as the greatest. That is two faced.

The thing that I was bothered about, was that KJ was leaving to go to Catholic as an assistant. Now that that situation has been solved, I moved on and am not worried about the direction of Red Devil football, EXCEP for the person calling plays on offense. If it is still the little feller, we are in trouble.

No matter who calls plays or weather KJ is the coach or not, one thing is certain. Parents will gripe and complain about there son's playing not enuff to suit them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HallsNeedsIt,

Typicle parent that is upset that your little boy aint playing enuff to suit you. Let the coaches make the choice of who plays and who dont. Now if we go and win the Region this year, you will vote KJ as the greatest. That is two faced.

The thing that I was bothered about, was that KJ was leaving to go to Catholic as an assistant. Now that that situation has been solved, I moved on and am not worried about the direction of Red Devil football, EXCEP for the person calling plays on offense. If it is still the little feller, we are in trouble.

No matter who calls plays or weather KJ is the coach or not, one thing is certain. Parents will gripe and complain about there son's playing not enuff to suit them.

[/quote

DEVILSDEN...it is also a typical reaction for you to speculate that only a parent with a kid on the team can have concerns about what is going on. As I said in my first post that I have watched Halls football for years and will continue to do so as long as I can. Just because I make a post on here, does not mean I am a parent whose kid (as you put it) "little boy aint playing enuff". Sorry to disappointment you but I don't have a kid on the team. If my kid did play, I really don't think SHE would get very much playing time. My opinion is formed by observation and by watching kids I love and have watched for years and know the ability they have to be left on the wayside, and also by listening to "you the parents of players". I could go a little farther to say that you could be very defensive in your reply because you are one of the parents that is working their tail off so their kid can get on their playing time. That can go both ways.

To your second comment, I agree...get rid of the little feller! He has no respect for those boys and they have none for him.

Last...is it resolved? Is he staying? There is still comments going around that "he is gone after spring practice"...or "he is gonna leave before school starts". Has he made a public announcement that he is staying? It is my understanding that he has yet to address the players who work their tail ends off for HIM daily what he was planning on doing or is planning on doing. If he is staying, then it is up to HIM to show those boys the respect they deserve from him and make a vocal announcement that he is or is not staying with Halls High School.

Guys,I hope our practice helps both teams friday.We are a young team at Dobyns Bennett this year and know your fine athletes will give us a good practice.These are my thoughts on reading your thread.I don't think any {fan or coach }at any school is ever 100% happy.It's the hardest thing in the world to see a player or team not have the best things happen to them.Above all that however, is I never won't to see any kid get hurt playing.I know we love our kids more than ourselves,but life will go on after they get done playing,just like it did for us and those before us.I look forward to seeing all the nice fans that I talked to last year and the hamburgers waiting on me down there.

ZCAR....that was my point precisely as to the ones a coach plays and the ones he don't...point made. There were some that could have been played instead of "some" that were out there and done a better job regardless of who the kid was. That was a comment in general as to who the coaches were playing by proof of last years players. Just hoping he doesn't make the same mistake twice...the kids don't deserve it.

I have to admit I'm still scratching my head over Halls football. I think they have some good looking athletes but we can't seem to take the next step. I'm not sure it's because we are not assessing the talent on the field correctly. It may be our offensive gameplan that Devilsden seems to cut up about directed at the "little Fella". Last year a huge dropoff did occur in the offensive numbers and it showed up in the win and losses. With that last point the absolute biggest concern for me is finding the right QB this year. I'm sure that on the minds of the coaching staff as well.

Anyone catch that West Halls game a couple of years ago when the final score was in the stratasphere thats the kind of can do offense Halls needs to aspire to again. It means more than just the running game you have to have a threat on the outside or the better teams will beat you. It's just the sign of the times in todays High School football. I know you have to find the talent to execute that plan but once you have them I hope we don't waste them. Coach Ward before he stepped down seemed to have a grasp on how important the aerial game was. It wasn't a throw every down type offense but a sneaky one to keep teams off balance. It just so happend we had a receiver that could turn a short gain into a big play and complimented a very good running game. Teams didn't really know how to defend us. I think we need that back to be successful and start the climb to Murfreesboro. If not then a single dimensional offense will result somewhere between a 6-4 to 4-6 record and not much better hoping for a little luck to shine on us.

Guys,I hope our practice helps both teams friday.We are a young team at Dobyns Bennett this year and know your fine athletes will give us a good practice.These are my thoughts on reading your thread.I don't think any {fan or coach }at any school is ever 100% happy.It's the hardest thing in the world to see a player or team not have the best things happen to them.Above all that however, is I never won't to see any kid get hurt playing.I know we love our kids more than ourselves,but life will go on after they get done playing,just like it did for us and those before us.I look forward to seeing all the nice fans that I talked to last year and the hamburgers waiting on me down there.

WELCOME INDIANS

We look forward to our two meetings per year because your quality football program always gives our team a reality check and also because of the great friendships we have developed over the years.

Good luck to DB this year, work hard this summer & maybe we can hold up our end & meet for the third time in Nov.

Burgers & Dogs will be waiting.

Rain go away please.

highball,

Now you got to help me here - I know we play them in the spring and I know we play them in the fall, but how in the heck will we meet them again in NOV. Aint they 6A and us 5A?

You are correct Devilsden.....Halls and DB wont be playing each other in the playoffs because of being in different classes.

highball,

Now you got to help me here - I know we play them in the spring and I know we play them in the fall, but how in the heck will we meet them again in NOV. Aint they 6A and us 5A?

You are correct DD. We could only meet again in Nov. as fans of each other, not on the field, however unlikely that may be.

DEVILSDEN,

I noticed you bypassed this message back to you, but I'd still be interested in your reply.

HallsNeedsIt,

[/quote

DEVILSDEN...it is also a typical reaction for you to speculate that only a parent with a kid on the team can have concerns about what is going on. As I said in my first post that I have watched Halls football for years and will continue to do so as long as I can. Just because I make a post on here, does not mean I am a parent whose kid (as you put it) "little boy aint playing enuff". Sorry to disappointment you but I don't have a kid on the team. If my kid did play, I really don't think SHE would get very much playing time. My opinion is formed by observation and by watching kids I love and have watched for years and know the ability they have to be left on the wayside, and also by listening to "you the parents of players". I could go a little farther to say that you could be very defensive in your reply because you are one of the parents that is working their tail off so their kid can get on their playing time. That can go both ways.

To your second comment, I agree...get rid of the little feller! He has no respect for those boys and they have none for him.

Last...is it resolved? Is he staying? There is still comments going around that "he is gone after spring practice"...or "he is gonna leave before school starts". Has he made a public announcement that he is staying? It is my understanding that he has yet to address the players who work their tail ends off for HIM daily what he was planning on doing or is planning on doing. If he is staying, then it is up to HIM to show those boys the respect they deserve from him and make a vocal announcement that he is or is not staying with Halls High School.

hallsneedsit (or had it),

No I am not a parent of a player, but I was a former player. I heard all of the remarks about who should play and who didnt play and why they didnt play and all of that crap. Sounds like you have a daughter and I have seen some girls at Halls that could prolly play football if the coaches would have let them play.

Little feller comment added, I dont know if the kids respect him or not, I just dont beleive in my heart of hearts that he is capable of calling the offense plays (bring back Coach Ward)

Is he going or staying? I say he is staying and hears why. He might have wanted to go to Catholic to be with his old boss but now that he aint their, he wont go to Catholic with the new coach, Meadows. I would bet he has talked to the players and the principle's about him staying and he prolly said he made an honest misstake and to me that was that. Now if you have more information let me know.

Now have I answered all of your questions or did I dodge another that you might wont me to comment on?