CAK vs Alcoa

reaction

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely post about my own games, but in this case, I am going to.

I just wanted to give props to the AMAZING job that Coach Fowler and Coach Gorman have done there at Alcoa. I remember where they started out when I started coaching at CAK in 2003. To build and develop a program of the caliber that they have speaks VOLUMES about their hard work and dedication. Of all the coaches out there, I have spent more time with coach Fowler and Gorman than any other coach. Not only are they great coaches, they are incredible and classy people.

My point is this. No matter the outcome, I am honored to take the field against my 2 good friends. Alcoa is one of the most passionate teams I have ever had the joy of playing against. They will really want this victory. This is the first time that we have played Alcoa where it wasn't a knock out game. I CAN'T WAIT for this one to start.

The final of this game will come down to 2 things:

Who can capitalize on mistakes.

Who will want it more for the whole 80 minutes (or quite possibly longer!)

Either way, congrats to Alcoa and the accomplishments you have so far!

Akula, when this is all over, we are going to the range and have fun with the .54 cal!!!

I have to say that BigG is a class act. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have to say that BigG is a class act. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks Big Hurt.

What a fun game last night! It was great to get there a little early and hang out with Coach Gorman and Fowler pre-game. We all are very competitive, but we also realize that you can still be good friends and play 100% against each other! Coach Fowler, thanks for taking those few minutes to share some moments with me. I sure miss hanging out on a regular basis.

To the game:

We came out pretty strong (I thought) and possessed well. There was a scrum in the box about 5 minutes in off of a save, crossbar, then shot into the net. CAK up 1-0. It was a fairly low key first half. Brodus has an AMAZING throw in that was very effective, but either Ben Shipley made the save, we headed it out or it hit the crossbar. I believe that Alcoa hit the crossbar at LEAST 3 times last night. An inch lower, and the flow of the game changes completely.

Halftime 1-0.

Alcoa came out stronger in the second half. I think both teams were kind of dragging (tired legs led to missed shots, clears, and passes) but that is understandable considering the pressure of the game. #10 for Alcoa played a great game (Mitchell I think) and had several good shots at goal. They pressed hard for the last 10-15 minutes playing a weird lineup (don't worry Akula, your secret is safe with me) and kept playing for the full 80 minutes. CAK had a free kick with about 4 minutes left that blasted off the left upright. Final score 1-0.

I have to say the Reffing was OUTSTANDING! 3 of the top refs at the game. Hats off to them. While I didn't agree with every call (what coach does) they were fair, level headed, and truly seemed to enjoy being out there!

Good luck to Alcoa in Sectionals. Come on, Akula... we have been dreaming about this for years! Take care of business!

It was great meeting you also. It's always nice to be able to put faces with screen names.

I would have rather not put your face with a screen name sportsnut /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ....just messin man. It was good meeting you last night Big G!

BigG,

You are getting familiar with Pigeon Forge aren't you? I think this is the third time in five years you have played them and second in a row. Don't you and that coach have some history? What are your thoughts?

Yes. Coach Moseley and I went to Carson Newman together and both played soccer under Coach Eiskamp. He is a good guy with a great sense of humor.

I don't know much about them this year. I have talked to some people, but haven't gotten a lot of information.

I just hope by some miracle our field dries somewhat. We are going to go out early and work on it again tomorrow. I am sick of this rain.

Either way, it will be good to see Coach Moseley and his crew. They gave us a great game last year, and I am looking forward to tomorrow's match, as well.