J South Side at Lipscomb

midtnblu

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexington had to play Lipscomb last year on our graduation day. We tried to get the game changed to earlier in the day or to Saturday, but they would not budge. Our boys did make it back to graduation but they came in during the middle of it.

suggestion to the Jackson/Lexington administration, either win your Region or schedule graduation on Sat morning. The TSSAA has had this Friday date for years. You know you're coming to Nashville if you dont win the region. Same thing will happen next yr.

The thunderstorm that came through Friday around noon suddenly rose and wasnt on radar until it was too late. Most of Lipscomb's team was in Bacculauate Service and wasnt able to get there until the rain started.

Regardless, it all worked out and the teams played today. If anyone was hurt by the delay it will be Lipscomb who will lose a pitcher until Thursday if they are still playing.

suggestion to the Jackson/Lexington administration, either win your Region or schedule graduation on Sat morning. The TSSAA has had this Friday date for years. You know you're coming to Nashville if you dont win the region. Same thing will happen next yr.

The thunderstorm that came through Friday around noon suddenly rose and wasnt on radar until it was too late. Most of Lipscomb's team was in Bacculauate Service and wasnt able to get there until the rain started.

Regardless, it all worked out and the teams played today. If anyone was hurt by the delay it will be Lipscomb who will lose a pitcher until Thursday if they are still playing.

Note to Lipscomb, Please plan you Bacculauate Service on Sunday like everyone else. So you can have people there to pull the tarp when you need too. Unlike Lipscomb, Lexington and Jackson schedule the graduation around the 135 other students that dont play baseball or softball. We have a school system not a school. Just a thought, Get some lights and this will not be a problem. Just a note, Get some parents to miss Bacculauate and pull your tarp. Your coach said game would be played at 2pm on friday. Thunderstorm or not, BE READY. I hope you win all you can, because someday this will come back to get you. Sorry about your pitcher, After reading this maybe he won't have to throw.

Note to Lipscomb, Please plan you Bacculauate Service on Sunday like everyone else. So you can have people there to pull the tarp when you need too. Unlike Lipscomb, Lexington and Jackson schedule the graduation around the 135 other students that dont play baseball or softball. We have a school system not a school. Just a thought, Get some lights and this will not be a problem. Just a note, Get some parents to miss Bacculauate and pull your tarp. Your coach said game would be played at 2pm on friday. Thunderstorm or not, BE READY. I hope you win all you can, because someday this will come back to get you. Sorry about your pitcher, After reading this maybe he won't have to throw.

I don't think i saw you out there trying to pull the tarp did I? Bacculauate is a big deal for lipscomb, asking students and parents to miss an event like that would not be an option. Lipscomb can't get lights period. How about Jackson South Side miss graduation and play the game? No way that would happen! Bottom line is Lipscomb gave all South Side could handle and more.

Why are you sorry about our pitcher? I spoke to him today and he said he was not even sore and will be ready to throw this week.

The bottom line is that the home team in the substate decides what time the game begins on Friday. They did not have to accomodate South Side in any way. They simply chose to try to help them out. The weather did not co-operate. All it did was delay the inevitable anyway.

I don't think i saw you out there trying to pull the tarp did I? Bacculauate is a big deal for lipscomb, asking students and parents to miss an event like that would not be an option. Lipscomb can't get lights period. How about Jackson South Side miss graduation and play the game? No way that would happen! Bottom line is Lipscomb gave all South Side could handle and more.

Why are you sorry about our pitcher? I spoke to him today and he said he was not even sore and will be ready to throw this week.

I was not there to pull your tarp because it YOUR TARP. So let me get this right, Bacculauate is a big deal for Lipscomb. But Graduation should not be for South Side or Lexington. Lip handed the Hawks their hats, your right. Good job. but why you would make that stupid post is beyond me. You said it would hurt your pitcher. I just said maybe he would not have to pitch on THUR. Big powerhouse like lip. cant get lights man I didnt think the economy was that bad until now. Good luck in the state. As for you have some class like your baseball team.

The bottom line is that the home team in the substate decides what time the game begins on Friday. They did not have to accomodate South Side in any way. They simply chose to try to help them out. The weather did not co-operate. All it did was delay the inevitable anyway.

Your right, Lip. helped our young men out. Thank you for letting them Graduate. This would have never come up untill someone thought it best to tell Lexington/South Side to plan graduation around the baseball team. I dont know how it is at Lip. but at South Side they are STUDENT/athletes not athletes/students. It will always be that way. Even if we dont win the region next year or the year after or the year after.................. get the point.

I was not there to pull your tarp because it YOUR TARP. So let me get this right, Bacculauate is a big deal for Lipscomb. But Graduation should not be for South Side or Lexington. Lip handed the Hawks their hats, your right. Good job. but why you would make that stupid post is beyond me. You said it would hurt your pitcher. I just said maybe he would not have to pitch on THUR. Big powerhouse like lip. cant get lights man I didnt think the economy was that bad until now. Good luck in the state. As for you have some class like your baseball team.

Just an FYI: Lipscomb does not have lights on the high school field because the surrounding neighborhood will not approve their usage in the residential neighborhood. They allow the football field because it is only 5 nights a year basically. The athletic complex is not on the actual campus.

Their are multiple examples of this happening in Nashville alone. Father Ryan has only recently gotten approval for their football stadium to be on campus because the neighborhood fought like crazy against it. It happens to be about 2 miles from Lipscomb. DCA did not have lights until a few years ago after trying to get them approved since the 80's. These are private schools that are not on governement owned land so they have to adhere to the zoning already in place or appeal. Lipscomb and Ryan just happen to be in a very high rent area where the residents can afford to fight it.

I actually coach against Lipscomb and would love nothing more than to be able to beat them in baseball (beating them in basketball this year was especially nice), but to get on here and say things that you know nothing about is silly. They have an excellent team with 10 seniors. They were state-runner up last year for a reason. They play on a field with no lights for a reason. Good luck next season. Move on.