OCCHS new coach

Rebel1982

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wounder if some of the coaches that are in the feeder schools would apply? THere has beens some great success out of the counties jr. high coachs. Lake Road girls, Revial, and former Lady Rebel, very suceesful last couple of years well maybe not this past year. Johnson, former Rebel, turned Hillcrest program around last year and did very well. Runner up in county and final four in tmssa tournament. And has been working with HS boys. Gray at Ridgemont just domninating last year and always has his kids ready to play. WHo ever it is good luck cause you have to deal with more than just basketball at HS /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I miss the elepahnts

Wonder if any former coaches would return? Decker? Channler form UC? or will it be like the past coaches to be hired out the county/system with no ties to the community? Or how about some of the people that gripped in the stand at the former coach suiter? You talk big in the stands step-up!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well good luck to whomever gets it. There is a chance for something special to happen in the next few year. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

FullcourtPress posted.....

"..... Or how about some of the people that gripped in the stand at the former coach suiter? You talk big in the stands step-up!!!"

Amen on that.....

As far as feeder coaches....I wouldn't doubt some would apply...Don't think any would get the job....

I thought about Kim Decker but I don't know if she would apply or even want it....

What about this thought??...Bill Kail taking over the girls program...He coached the Hillcrest team of Fussell,Reedy and others to a 25-0 West Sectional championship....Of course Reedy is at Gibson County and there is a girl that plays for Dyer County that was on that Hillcrest team....

As far as names, I haven't heard any....Seems like a prerequisite for some is that they be from the OC family regardless of coaching abilty...OC has a strong tradition on the girl's side..I imagine they hire someone very good....

Update on the search for a coach at OC with some names mentioned.....

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=26634

WOW didnt realize that many coaches in out area had resigned or moved on to other places..... The new coach will hopefully be in place before summer. That is an important time. Well one thing is for sure whom ever does get the position is gonna have to have a strong will and be ready to work like the article said. FL, VA, wow those a re long way form TN. Well good luck to whomever gets it and you will learn things real quick when u get the job. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And you better be dedicated. There is alot of potentiel coming up from what I have been hearing with the incoming freshman class. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Go rebels... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

ps anyone seen my elephants??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WOW didnt realize that many coaches in out area had resigned or moved on to other places..... The new coach will hopefully be in place before summer. That is an important time. Well one thing is for sure whom ever does get the position is gonna have to have a strong will and be ready to work like the article said. FL, VA, wow those a re long way form TN. Well good luck to whomever gets it and you will learn things real quick when u get the job. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And you better be dedicated. There is alot of potentiel coming up from what I have been hearing with the incoming freshman class. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Go rebels... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

ps anyone seen my elephants??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Get Tommy Victory out of the picture and you'll have more applicants.

A little birdie told me today that a coach has been hired for the Lady Rebels. Someone with close ties to Chassidy, anyone want to guess who???????

"..... Or how about some of the people that gripped in the stand at the former coach suiter? You talk big in the stands step-up!!!"

Amen on that.....

As far as feeder coaches....I wouldn't doubt some would apply...Don't think any would get the job....

I thought about Kim Decker but I don't know if she would apply or even want it....

What about this thought??...Bill Kail taking over the girls program...He coached the Hillcrest team of Fussell,Reedy and others to a 25-0 West Sectional championship....Of course Reedy is at Gibson County and there is a girl that plays for Dyer County that was on that Hillcrest team....

As far as names, I haven't heard any....Seems like a prerequisite for some is that they be from the OC family regardless of coaching abilty...OC has a strong tradition on the girl's side..I imagine they hire someone very good....

Amen on that.....

As for the notion of Bill Kail taking over the girls program, give me a break...how many parents are going to take their girls and run the other way, he has no business in high school basketball. Look at the squad he had this year... Boucher 6'6 and King 6'8 along with Nick Gilliam and he couldnt get them anywhere, a real coach would had had those boys in Murfreesboro.

As for the notion of Bill Kail taking over the girls program, give me a break...how many parents are going to take their girls and run the other way, he has no business in high school basketball. Look at the squad he had this year... Boucher 6'6 and King 6'8 along with Nick Gilliam and he couldnt get them anywhere, a real coach would had had those boys in Murfreesboro.

lady......... YOU'RE NUTS!!!!!!!!! Murfreesboro?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! hahahaha... OC boys have been down for a loooong time now and outside of Gilliam they dont have any real good players.... yeah the one kid that is a pure spot up shooter, but not an overall great player. Boucher was ok... average. I dont recall seeing a 6'8" kid at OC in years and even so..... height doesnt mean you can play!!! Coach Kail does a good job!

MURFREESBORO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Can you believe she said they should have gone to Murfreesboro! lololol.

I'd hate to see what you have to say about them after this upcoming season.... lost a lot to graduation... wont be pretty if you ask me... but you probably think they should beat Oak Hill and be top 10 nationally huh? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Kail did about as good as he could with what he had....

Could they have won more games??....Maybe four or five.....

King isn't near 6'8. He MAY be about the same heigth as Brady. I think Coach Kail did a decent job with what he was given last year. He doesn't have the athletes that a school like Dyer Co., Covington, Haywood etc... to be able to compete in the Region. Yes, they can compete in the District because 13AA, over the past few years, has been weak with Dyer Co. practically running away with a district championship every year and the next few spots up for grabs to anyone. Nick Gilliam was a solid player, but not the caliber player to lead a team to a state championship.

bosslady, I see that you have 4 posts. I pray that the other 3 you have posted on here were nowhere near as ridiculous as that last 1 you posted. Sounds like you may be the type of problem that coaches have within the OC system.