All-time Smith County/ Carthage High teams

oldsc7

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know! I know! OldSC7. Isn't that what you wanted to hear? LOL!!!! U were a pretty darn good football player!

So was I! Really LOL. Back in the day!!!! I bet my name won't be on here!

I think he's talkin about the greatest teams rather than the players.

Personally, I would start with the '04 team. Next, I would probably say "85. Then, I would go with "88. Next, I would put the '06 team in there. And to round out my top 5, a tie between '03 and '89.

I don't remember the teams further back than the '80s, so you old fogies can't hold that against me. Some of the '90s teams had some good talent and players but, overall, it's my opinion that they couldn't stack up to the afore mentioned.

I know! I know! OldSC7. Isn't that what you wanted to hear? LOL!!!! U were a pretty darn good football player!

So was I! Really LOL. Back in the day!!!! I bet my name won't be on here!

Yea I wasn't really looking for my name to be put up there but thanks anyways. I would have to say the 03 team is the best they had the best oline of all of that group in my opinion. I mean wilmore had holes big enough to drive a truck through. There D was stout to hadn't have been for poor special teams they would have ended up in the semi's that year.

Yea I wasn't really looking for my name to be put up there but thanks anyways. I would have to say the 03 team is the best they had the best oline of all of that group in my opinion. I mean wilmore had holes big enough to drive a truck through. There D was stout to hadn't have been for poor special teams they would have ended up in the semi's that year.

I agree with that but the passing game left a lot to be desired that year. A stout run defense, like the one Macon County had, would shut down the '03 team every time. That's also why I didn't put '02 in there. High lack of passing game. Just weren't very well balanced and you know yourself bein one dimensional will you get you beat against most good teams unless you have superior talent.

I would have to say 04, 88, 06, 85, 89, 03, 02, 96, 87.

These are the past twenty years or so. Before Rankin!!! I 30, 37, 58, 59, 60, 62!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well boys I am still partial to that 03 team and that was year after I graduated. I also think and this is as far back as I can remember is the 89 team was pretty darn good. Probably shoulda been playing at Vandy that yr.

Well boys I am still partial to that 03 team and that was year after I graduated. I also think and this is as far back as I can remember is the 89 team was pretty darn good. Probably shoulda been playing at Vandy that yr.

I think you mean the '88 team. The one with Dirkson? That's '88. Not so sure bout that '96 team either. Once again, they were one for the most part one dimensional. Give the '93 team that defense and you got a good '90s team!

I think you mean the '88 team. The one with Dirkson? That's '88. Not so sure bout that '96 team either. Once again, they were one for the most part one dimensional. Give the '93 team that defense and you got a good '90s team!

He's just a pup OWLSRULE. He probably couldn't tell you 5 guys that started on those teams much less how good they were. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Guest Termite

I would have to say 04, 88, 06, 85, 89, 03, 02, 96, 87.

These are the past twenty years or so. Before Rankin!!! I 30, 37, 58, 59, 60, 62!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the 04 and 06 teams.

But I think the 85 team should get a little more respect. Unless I'm mistaken there were only 3 classes then.......... 1A-2A-3A