Sycamore War Eagles

SHSBuckeye

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Cow! I just checked back on the topic I started, and in two pages of crap, I never really got much of an answer to my question of how the spring went for the War Eagles. Maybe we can stay on topic?

Sycamore did their spring drills in February so it's hard to judge based on the fact that every player on the team has gotten bigger, stronger, and faster since then.......so fall practice will be much anticipated I am sure!

This is what I have as Sycamore's schedule for the 2009 season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Aug. 21: at Northeast

Aug. 28: Glencliff

Sep. 4: at Greenbrier

Sep. 11: at Cheatham Co.

Sep. 18: at Macon Co.

Sep. 25: at East Literature

Oct. 2: Westmoreland

Oct. 9: at Creek Wood

Oct. 16: BYE WEEK

Oct. 23: Goodpasture

Oct. 30: White House

District Games are in BOLD

Homecoming 2009 will be on October 2nd against Westmoreland

Senior Night 2009 will be on October 30th against White House

The only thing that I may have wrong is that I have counted 4 home games and 6 away games for this next season. I am not sure if that is correct or not. Maybe Ditka (or some other Sycamore fan) can enlighten me........

As far as the radio broadcasts go for Sycamore's games this fall:

Live Broadcasts: Northeast, Greenbrier, Cheatham Co., East Literature, Westmoreland, & Goodpasture

Tape-Delay Broadcasts: Glencliff, Macon Co., Creek Wood, & White House

CHEATHAM COUNTY ALSO HAS 6 GAMES WHICH WILL BE LIVE & 4 GAMES WHICH WILL BE TAPE DELAY /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is what I have as Sycamore's schedule for the 2009 season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Aug. 21: at Northeast

Aug. 28: Glencliff

Sep. 4: at Greenbrier

Sep. 11: at Cheatham Co.

Sep. 18: at Macon Co.

Sep. 25: at East Literature

Oct. 2: Westmoreland

Oct. 9: at Creek Wood

Oct. 16: BYE WEEK

Oct. 23: Goodpasture

Oct. 30: White House

District Games are in BOLD

Homecoming 2009 will be on October 2nd against Westmoreland

Senior Night 2009 will be on October 30th against White House

The only thing that I may have wrong is that I have counted 4 home games and 6 away games for this next season. I am not sure if that is correct or not. Maybe Ditka (or some other Sycamore fan) can enlighten me........

As far as the radio broadcasts go for Sycamore's games this fall:

Live Broadcasts: Northeast, Greenbrier, Cheatham Co., East Literature, Westmoreland, & Goodpasture

Tape-Delay Broadcasts: Glencliff, Macon Co., Creek Wood, & White House

CHEATHAM COUNTY ALSO HAS 6 GAMES WHICH WILL BE LIVE & 4 GAMES WHICH WILL BE TAPE DELAY /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I could be wrong, but I thought the NE game was at Sycamore...

• 1 month later...

sycamore will be smaller but just like th 07 sycamore team that was counted out but ended up putting a school record in rushin yards agianst cheatham. so they are a team to watch for dont count them out

Who counted them out? If I recall that was the Sycamore team that crushed Springfield, Cheatham, Harpeth, DeKalb, Macon, & Montgomery Central but at the same time lost to Station Camp, Pearl Cohn, White House, & Greenbrier. A 6-4 team that did not play a single game that was decided by single digits......... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

and yes the Northeast game in Week 0 is going to be played at Sycamore /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If anyone related to the 2009 Cheatham Co. Cubs or Sycamore War Eagles football programs is reading this then...........

Tomorrow at 8:30 in the morning is the last version of "Sports Round Table" that I am going to do for the summer season. The schedule for tomorrow's show is to talk to MMA fighter and former Cheatham Co. football standout Dustin West. He makes his professional debut (after winning 4 amateur bouts) tomorrow night at the Municipal Auditorium in Nashville.

Next Saturday (July 25, 2009) I am going to do a preview of the 2009 Cheatham Co. Cubs football season. I am hoping to get a few of the veteran players down there to talk to them about how things are going and what is to expect this upcoming season. The entire hour and a half will be dedicated to Cubs football.

The next Saturday (August 1, 2009) I am going to do a preview of the 2009 Sycamore War Eagles football season. I am hoping to get a few of the veteran players down there to talk about how things and going and about what is to be expected this upcoming season. The entire hour and a half will be dedicated to War Eagles football.

The next Saturday (August 8, 2009) will be the first week of the fall season of Sports Round Table and we will cover both Cheatham Co. Cubs football and Sycamore War Eagles football every Saturday morning by talking to coach Finley & coach Halstead for at least 13 weeks (and hopefully for 5 more weeks to follow once the playoffs start).

REMEMBER: Sports Round Table is now at B.J.'s Family Restaurant in Pleasant View and there will be a complete breakfast buffet available for any football player or coach who shows up this season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 4 weeks later...