A- Who goes home early, and who wins it all?

CommanderMan

I hate it when I'm right, looks like a repeat of last year with the east Tenn. teams, congraulations for making it to Spring Fling anyway

west teams are the best . that is for sure .a ton of talent on all of the west teams.but to just be apart of the state is special .good job coalfield,great year.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

west teams are the best . that is for sure .a ton of talent on all of the west teams.but to just be apart of the state is special .good job coalfield,great year.

the west tn teams are getting better. Congrats to Tipton-Rosemark Academy. Great win over Davidson Academy. great game tonight by the freshman pitcher. the west teams are challenging the middle tn teams to step up their game. Good luck to the Rebels in the morning facing off with west tn (southhaven,ms) SBEC. should be an awsome game.

[/quote

I would agree more talent but also let's factor in the size of the schools and the fact that all of the east teams are truly 1a PUBLIC schools is that the west and middle teams fault no but it's harder for a team to compete when you have 200 kids to pick from compared to 500 and the fact that private schools go out and get their players. That's one thing that the tssaa needs to look into moving private schools out of the same division as public schools but that'll never happen because the people in charge of that stuff have kids that go to these private schools and they love to see their own kids winning state championships year in and year out. Also one word for ya.... MONEY /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> but best of luck to the rest of the teams.

I would agree more talent but also let's factor in the size of the schools and the fact that all of the east teams are truly 1a PUBLIC schools is that the west and middle teams fault no but it's harder for a team to compete when you have 200 kids to pick from compared to 500 and the fact that private schools go out and get their players. That's one thing that the tssaa needs to look into moving private schools out of the same division as public schools but that'll never happen because the people in charge of that stuff have kids that go to these private schools and they love to see their own kids winning state championships year in and year out. Also one word for ya.... MONEY /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> but best of luck to the rest of the teams.

I wonder what would be the outcome if they did seperate public and private and divide them by region? I am sure that there enough private schools to compete. You are correct, it is difficult to compete with teams that go and recruit even from neighboring states. They take a 4A player from Georgia and move them to a school like Lookout Valley and it is legal I guess. I am sure that other private schools do the same yet when a player moves from one public school to another in a county, TSSAA watches that very closely.

Never the less, Good Luck to those that remain. May you all have fun and love the game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I wonder what would be the outcome if they did seperate public and private and divide them by region? I am sure that there enough private schools to compete. You are correct, it is difficult to compete with teams that go and recruit even from neighboring states. They take a 4A player from Georgia and move them to a school like Lookout Valley and it is legal I guess. I am sure that other private schools do the same yet when a player moves from one public school to another in a county, TSSAA watches that very closely.

Never the less, Good Luck to those that remain. May you all have fun and love the game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Who knows we will probably never see it but that's the way it is gotta deal with it. Best of luck to everyone

[/quote

I would agree more talent but also let's factor in the size of the schools and the fact that all of the east teams are truly 1a PUBLIC schools is that the west and middle teams fault no but it's harder for a team to compete when you have 200 kids to pick from compared to 500 and the fact that private schools go out and get their players. That's one thing that the tssaa needs to look into moving private schools out of the same division as public schools but that'll never happen because the people in charge of that stuff have kids that go to these private schools and they love to see their own kids winning state championships year in and year out. Also one word for ya.... MONEY /smile.gif" style="vertical-align]

are you including Cascade and Summertown,both middle Tenn. teams, in the statement that they have 500 kids to choose from, both of these communities are just wide spots in the road but have managed to have very successful seasons the last couple of years,

[/quote

I would agree more talent but also let's factor in the size of the schools and the fact that all of the east teams are truly 1a PUBLIC schools is that the west and middle teams fault no but it's harder for a team to compete when you have 200 kids to pick from compared to 500 and the fact that private schools go out and get their players. That's one thing that the tssaa needs to look into moving private schools out of the same division as public schools but that'll never happen because the people in charge of that stuff have kids that go to these private schools and they love to see their own kids winning state championships year in and year out. Also one word for ya.... MONEY /smile.gif" style="vertical-align]Cascade[/url] and Summertown,both middle Tenn. teams, in the statement that they have 500 kids to choose from, both of these communities are just wide spots in the road but have managed to have very successful seasons the last couple of years,

Summertown is good They have great program but , since we are talking numbers I heard Summertown gets kids from MP ,Lewis Co. , and Lawerenceburg . I dont know if that is true some parents were telling me that at the district tour. I thought they were just hating on Summertown because they kick our butts. But just wanting Summertown to tell other side like thats crazy every kid lives there and parents. I am sure somebody will tell it.

Are you talking about the redneck moms from Friendship fighting or the baseball team?

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />