McMinn Central Coaching Vacancy

87Cat

Is it true that Coach Derrick has accepted a job in Georgia?

From what I hear there's a lot of money on the table for him if he goes, including a job for his wife.

It seems that the school board has a new rule that prevents them from hiring both husbands and wives to both work in the county system. Although there are already many married couples currently working throughout the McMinn system.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i have heard is that he is waiting on freeman to hire his wife and that will be the deciding factor on whether or not he goes....

also heard that if he goes that coach wilkerson will be named head coach? but who knows...have to wait and see...

man that is one tough schedule to make and the leave!!! be easy on the chargers alcoa!! ha ha

since we are talking about coaching changes, is danny williams the coach at sweetwater or what?

So, is this a real thread? Is this really a possibility? Talk to me Smokey.

yes it is real dumdum.. I talked to him about it. He has to make a decision soon. If the Mcminn County school system isnt going to re-hire is wife (which is filling in for a teacher who retired in the middle of the year) they are heading back to Georgia. Which I can't blame him. He is getting a nice pay raise and his wife is being hired down there. So that means she will have a job too. So thats an even bigger pay raise to the family.. He was supposed to make a decision today, but im in the boro with the baseball team so I havent heard anything..

yes it is real dumdum.. I talked to him about it. He has to make a decision soon. If the Mcminn County school system isnt going to re-hire is wife (which is filling in for a teacher who retired in the middle of the year) they are heading back to Georgia. Which I can't blame him. He is getting a nice pay raise and his wife is being hired down there. So that means she will have a job too. So thats an even bigger pay raise to the family.. He was supposed to make a decision today, but im in the boro with the baseball team so I havent heard anything..

Anybody heard anything yet? Coach Wilkerson should be his replacement.

know a guy who spoke with freeman today...freeman doesn't know anything yet, so must not be a decision yet. howdee i have heard the same thing about wilkerson.

He's the obvious choice, and I think a good choice. But,, I think he was only planning to stay one more year and then go to coach at the college level. Don't know if this would change his mind or not.

He's the obvious choice, and I think a good choice. But,, I think he was only planning to stay one more year and then go to coach at the college level. Don't know if this would change his mind or not.

that would be a factor in freeman hiring him would it not? i would want to hire a guy that was planning on being there more than one year! great football coach though....heard nothing but good things about him.

that would be a factor in freeman hiring him would it not? i would want to hire a guy that was planning on being there more than one year! great football coach though....heard nothing but good things about him.

I hope Coach Derrick stays with us long term, but if not I wish him the best of luck. He has been a great coach and has turned our program around. I can not blame anybody for bettering themselves and their family. If he is leaving, I truly hope that Coach Wilkerson is offered the position. He is a great role model and has the respect of the players. Either way, if coaches are leaving to move up the ranks, it can only mean they are succeeding while they are here. Go Chargers!

I heard from one of the players today that Coach Derrick brought the team to a meeting this morning and announced that he would be resigning as of today and would be moving back down to georgia sometime in july. I am with canadian, I dont think Wilkerson wants the spot has head coach but i think Masengil will take it if he is offered it. But best of luck to the Derrick family. You was a heck of a coach and turned the program around.