district 1AA

redskins1

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you guys are talking about B. Morefield. She does come up from Happy Vally M.S. and she will be an immediate help to the varsity. If she keeps working as hard as she has been, she will be someone to be dealt with by the time her four years is up.

I believe you guys are talking about B. Morefield. She does come up from Happy Vally M.S. and she will be an immediate help to the varsity. If she keeps working as hard as she has been, she will be someone to be dealt with by the time her four years is up.

I think the first name may be Brittany. ?

Does anyone know what Elizabethton has coming up? I did get to see TA Dugger play a couple of times. Of course there may be players from other schools going there for high school....

I did get to umpire a couple of T.A. Dugger softball games this year. They have a couple of players coming up that will be able to help after a period of time. No one that really stands head & shoulders above the rest. Unfortunately, I don't see any real pitching help on the way up either. There's no doubt that Happy Valley has the best middle school program of the Carter Co. schools right now. Unaka (1A) is right behind them.

Who are the new teams in the District next year? I guess it will be like basketball maybe? When I started this forum I really did not remember that if would be different the next few years. Sounds like Happy Valley has some help coming. How about Sullivan North? I know from other commits that Johnson County must have some good talent coming up.

I did get to umpire a couple of T.A. Dugger softball games this year. They have a couple of players coming up that will be able to help after a period of time. No one that really stands head & shoulders above the rest. Unfortunately, I don't see any real pitching help on the way up either. There's no doubt that Happy Valley has the best middle school program of the Carter Co. schools right now. Unaka (1A) is right behind them.

T.A. Dugger went 10-7. They lost two to Unicoi's 8th graders, one to Unicoi's 7th graders, two to Science Hill, one to Happy Valley, and one to Church Hill. I believe five of their seven losses were by one run, including a one run loss to the undefeated Happy Valley group. T.A. Dugger had the game won, but a late pitching change allowed the Warriors to rally for the win. Morefield is an an outstanding pitcher and Coach Dorsey does a great job at Happy Valley Middle School. In my opinion, he should have been named the Happy Valley head coach years ago. Until Happy Valley gets a good varsity coach, they will not rival Unicoi Co. or Elizabethton. T.A. Dugger had some talent. Pitcher Emily Thornton blasted 4 or 5 homeruns out of varsity parks. Shortstop Reazyn DeMoss has a big time arm and bat. Seventh grade catcher Kaley Hodge blasted a homerun and will be a college prospect. Sophie Bremer and Emily Dugger are good hitting infielders. Alicia Colbaugh and Sydney Farthing are speedy outfielders that can slap and bunt. Seventh grade pitcher Lindsay Cunningham will be a very good player. Coach Hardin will blend these kids in over the next two or three years, but the cupboard is nowhere near bare. The Cyclones will continue to nip at Unicoi's heels and should keep on beating the rest of the league.

Who are the new teams in the District next year? I guess it will be like basketball maybe? When I started this forum I really did not remember that if would be different the next few years. Sounds like Happy Valley has some help coming. How about Sullivan North? I know from other commits that Johnson County must have some good talent coming up.

District (beginning 2010 ) will be: Elizabethton, Happy Valley, Johnson County, Sullivan East, Sullivan North, and Unicoi County.