Harpeth High School Coaching Vacancy

carefulwhatuwishfor

I have heard that all of these guys are under consideration:

I have heard the Following:

Shane Britt (head coach East Hickman High School)

What I know of him:

Very knowledgeable man, parents love him out there. Which speaks worlds for a guy coming into Indian land. I know that he has some professional Baseball coaching experience. (someone correct me if I am wrong). Seems to be the veteran of the applicants.

Daniel Smiley (Assistant Coach at Sycamore High School)

What I know of him:

I have several friends that surround the Sycamore program, and when I brought up the thought of him leaving it made them sick. He might be the perfect fit (someone to help grow/build the program back up). Knowledgeable baseball mind as well. Might be the underdog in this hiring race. Young guy, with maybe 3-4 years experience at most.

Kenneth Harrold (Assistant Coach at Montgomery Central)

What I know of him:

I am close to the Montgomery Central program. I know that Kenneth is looking to move on. With a lot of coaching years under his belt he seems to be a great fit. My source tells me that he has applied for this job.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is a big hire no question. The sticking point might be where there is an opening in the classroom.

Yeah I definitely do not know what any of them teach. I would say you are right about that though. I look forward to this hire. It will have a direct impact on District 11AA. If Harpeth administration drops the ball on this one it could be catastrophic for this program. However, on the flip side if they shoot the moon it could be "h-e-l-l" for the rest of the district. I wish more people were interested in this topic so we could get some more information.

Truly carefulwhatyouwishfor, from a Harpeth point of view, we didn't know what Coach Phil's plans were until this week although there had been some speculation. Believe me, Harpeth baseball people are talking about this every day. I trust Coach Collins will conduct a thorough search and come up with a list of candidates, but I couldn't begin to guess as to who has applied or who might be interested in the job. I'm not hearing anything like that yet on our side of the river.

The Harpeth job is a good job in my opinion. For the student population at Harpeth, there's a pretty good talent pool baseball wise and the youth leagues and travel teams have been a pretty good farm system. Just a little stability between the middle school and high school coaching positions and getting everybody on the same page could yield magnificent results. My opinion is that when Brad Frasier was here running Lipscomb type camps every summer for kids from 5-15 and showing up at the Little League park every now and then and handing out pointers and talking to players, parents and coaches, the program flourished from 5-19. I still smile when I see Harpeth kids do that little arm crossing thing when they're warming up or doing long toss that Coach Frasier taught them when they were little guys at camp. He was talking about this year's freshmen group when they were 5th graders and he predicted that they'd be pretty darn good when they got to high school. That's what building a program is about and I think the foundation is in place.

Nobody will go wrong with Shane Britt, If he goes to Harpeth, my kid will be going to Harpeth......and probably several others ... he is that good. We love him and he was the best thing Hickman county ever seen in a coach.............hands down. Too bad the cutthroats got to the Tyrant of our school system.

Britt is a P.E. teacher. he might be able to teach more, ???????????/ not sure. he has a Masters Degree.

Looks like they need more than just a baseball coach!

Multiple - Harpeth High School has the following coaching positions open for 2009-2010: Head Girl's Basketball, Head Baseball, Head Volleyball, Assistant Football, and Assistant Boy's Basketball

That list is from TSSAA site

Yep, girl's basketball and volleyball was the same guy. Boy's basketball is a third assistant that was not filled most years and football assistant was not a position in the school the last few years. Really, only 3 of these positions were filled by teacher's in the school last year. Baseball head, girl's basketball and volleyball and the second boy's basketball assistant. Rumor is that there have been several applicants for the various positions.

Yep, girl's basketball and volleyball was the same guy. Boy's basketball is a third assistant that was not filled most years and football assistant was not a position in the school the last few years. Really, only 3 of these positions were filled by teacher's in the school last year. Baseball head, girl's basketball and volleyball and the second boy's basketball assistant. Rumor is that there have been several applicants for the various positions.

Does anybody from Harpeth know anythoing about David Junkins ? He is from what I hear going to be the New A.D. for East Hickman..... I have heard quite a few interesting stories, and it is of popular opinion he had a big hand with discrediting and causing the forced resignation of East hickman baseball coach.

any other names KS ive heard rumors of others....