Pre-Season Rankings

mjuhb

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Yep, same here. Always look forward to MJ's rankings and opinions.....they are a good starting point for discussion. Sometimes just the match to start the fire.

Bean glad to see you got back from Texas OK.

I noticed MJ has it Farragut, D-B, and Bearden in AAA in that order....Does that look right to you. Is Farragut going to be the best in AAA in the Knoxville area this year? I thought D-B was bringing back a lot of starters from last year.

Just Curious and I respect your opinion. MVM

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't given HS much thought yet. I'm not very familiar with what DB brings back to the table, but given what everyone else has lost, I think MJ probably has them one spot lower than what I would bet on. As mentioned, the keeper situation at Farragut will be important, but Suhocki and Ward will keep a lot of pressure off the keeper. Up top, Brandon and Reveiz will produce a lot of offense. I'm not as familiar with the other girls but Dennis always has a solid group. With Bearden, they still will be solid, but you can't replace Porter, and they've lost some other good seniors. I think everyone else will still be chasing those 3 teams, and it will be interesting from my standpoint if West finds help on both Off. and Def. from the loss of solid Srs. from there and in the middle........a big IF. Maryville may be the team that makes a run this year. I think the State will belong to someone coming out of Middle TN this year though. Not sure, but just off the cuff, Brentwood Club has developed a lot of good players, so whoever has the biggest concentration of those club players, I think, should be tough. Just my .02

I haven't given HS much thought yet. I'm not very familiar with what DB brings back to the table, but given what everyone else has lost, I think MJ probably has them one spot lower than what I would bet on. As mentioned, the keeper situation at Farragut will be important, but Suhocki and Ward will keep a lot of pressure off the keeper. Up top, Brandon and Reveiz will produce a lot of offense. I'm not as familiar with the other girls but Dennis always has a solid group. With Bearden, they still will be solid, but you can't replace Porter, and they've lost some other good seniors. I think everyone else will still be chasing those 3 teams, and it will be interesting from my standpoint if West finds help on both Off. and Def. from the loss of solid Srs. from there and in the middle........a big IF. Maryville may be the team that makes a run this year. I think the State will belong to someone coming out of Middle TN this year though. Not sure, but just off the cuff, Brentwood Club has developed a lot of good players, so whoever has the biggest concentration of those club players, I think, should be tough. Just my .02

I agree with your .02 worth. The AAA will should come out of middle Tn..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ...But who knows /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lot of season ahead of us. I think the West will show better than they are getting credit for. I predict a West or East Champion.

It is certainly possible.

I'm curious if the Memphis schools that have done so well in the D2-A (Small school) and how they might handle FRA, JCS and USJ, new to that division.

It is certainly possible.

I'm curious if the Memphis schools that have done so well in the D2-A (Small school) and how they might handle FRA, JCS and USJ, new to that division.

For D2-AA in the West....I, of course, hope for Briarcrest to make a strong repeat run at state....but this time....win it all and not come in 2nd! Talent is there...just have to stay focused during the games!

For D2A in the West, ECS and St Marys are both shifting down to that division from AA....I predict a state champion from the West with ECS taking the honors edging out both Harding and St George's. Both of these teams lost some strong players while ECS's strength were Juniors last year. However, I don't know much about FRA and JCS....but USJ (I believe) will be a strong contender also from looking at their stats.

For D2A in the West, ECS and St Marys are both shifting down to that division from AA....I predict a state champion from the West with ECS taking the honors edging out both Harding and St George's. Both of these teams lost some strong players while ECS's strength were Juniors last year. However, I don't know much about FRA and JCS....but USJ (I believe) will be a strong contender also from looking at their stats.

I don't have a dog it in this hunt, but FRA has traditionally been a much stronger team than either JCS or USJ. If history repeats itself, I suspect FRA will do will in D2-A. It will be interesting to see how they match up against ECS or whoever is the strongest from the west....

• 3 weeks later...

No BGA in Division II AA? Interesting. Should be interesting to see how your predictions play out.

Hold up newbie. These are preseason rankings, not predictions. Get it right, and save us the trouble.

The two comments were separate thoughts. Simply stated it will be interesting to see how the predictions turn out. Actually think they are very accurate especially in AAA.

Sorry if it came off harsh not my intention at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have a dog it in this hunt, but FRA has traditionally been a much stronger team than either JCS or USJ. If history repeats itself, I suspect FRA will do will in D2-A. It will be interesting to see how they match up against ECS or whoever is the strongest from the west....

Just an observation but what is going on at FRA. They are struggling as bad as I've ever seen so far. Does anyone have the insight on this???

Just an observation but what is going on at FRA. They are struggling as bad as I've ever seen so far. Does anyone have the insight on this???

They graduated 3 division one college players.

They graduated 3 division one college players.

I know every team loses players to graduation. At Riverdale, we had 5 girls move on to college, only 1 that is continuing her soccer career. We also lost 3 underclassmen who were probably all going to be starters this year due to economic factors as their parents moved out of state for job reasons. Has the economy caused this issue at other schools as well? Just curious