East TN

HOOPSGURU

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton won 16 out of 17 games in the tournaments at King College, Wartburg and UT Chatt. The only loss came at King when they were missing a player and lost by 2 on a last second shot in a game with Unicoi Co. that they had in hand until the last minute of the game. They looked really good and will probably start 5 Jrs. Hampton could be the best team regardless of classification in east TN this year! Hampton will be a team to that should go very deep in the playoffs and make a run at the state title in 1A.

I haven't been able to watch the Dogs yet, but I hear they have murdered (literally) everybody they've played. I'm hoping to watch their scrimmage at Hampton today...

I've attended the Central camp the last 2 days and some of the teams I've watched looked ok.

Yesterday scores Central lost to Fulton by 4, Fulton lost to West by 4, West beat Central by 5.....

Tuesday- Central beat AE by 7, Farragut beat AE by 10, Central was beating Farragut at the half by 5(game got called due to weather).

My opinion:

AE; This will be the year that Mitchell really shows people in the Knoxville area how well he can coach. AE will not be the dominating team like they've been the last few years but they will compete night in and night out. AE as of now will need some proven guards, that's an area of concern. Post game should be ok, they're not very tall but their post players played well. Pryor didn't play the 2 days I attended I don't know if he's playing or not. Losing Lopez was a major blow to my Roadrunners but I still see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Let's GO AE.......

Central: Only losing like 2 players from last year squads I say the Bobcats should pick up where they left off at. from last years squad. McBee needs to hit the weight room, Dre he's dunking now so with his size and dunking I say a lot of schools will be looking at him. He's also attacking the basket more instead of trying to throw up the 3. Central should be AOK. They're bench may be an area of concern

Farragut: They're looking at the 3 bombs this year. Guards are fairly good Post area, well not as tall as I expected but they're ok

Fulton: Well the transfer from Bearden, Galen Campbell, is going to sit well in the Fulton program. I mean, I'm not at all a Fulton fan but he look like a beast out there. He's going to fill Gallman's shoes real fast. Fulton, well after the championship game last year I stated they needed to work on beating the press from the looks of it Jody took my advice because they looked good breaking it yesterday. Guards for Fulton well they're good with Steele but without Steele they may be a little down . Post play Reggie Garrett looked good down there may need to get a little stronger but he did ok.

West: I'm loving the offense that they run however, they're size is whats going to hurt them. They're to small. They don't have a proven guard and mainly Tookie is their go to player if he gets in foul trouble, that only means West is in TROUBLE.

I know most of these opinions didn't make sense but hey this is what i thought..

I've attended the Central camp the last 2 days and some of the teams I've watched looked ok.

Yesterday scores Central lost to Fulton by 4, Fulton lost to West by 4, West beat Central by 5.....

Tuesday- Central beat AE by 7, Farragut beat AE by 10, Central was beating Farragut at the half by 5(game got called due to weather).

My opinion:

AE; This will be the year that Mitchell really shows people in the Knoxville area how well he can coach. AE will not be the dominating team like they've been the last few years but they will compete night in and night out. AE as of now will need some proven guards, that's an area of concern. Post game should be ok, they're not very tall but their post players played well. Pryor didn't play the 2 days I attended I don't know if he's playing or not. Losing Lopez was a major blow to my Roadrunners but I still see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Let's GO AE.......

Central: Only losing like 2 players from last year squads I say the Bobcats should pick up where they left off at. from last years squad. McBee needs to hit the weight room, Dre he's dunking now so with his size and dunking I say a lot of schools will be looking at him. He's also attacking the basket more instead of trying to throw up the 3. Central should be AOK. They're bench may be an area of concern

Farragut: They're looking at the 3 bombs this year. Guards are fairly good Post area, well not as tall as I expected but they're ok

Fulton: Well the transfer from Bearden, Galen Campbell, is going to sit well in the Fulton program. I mean, I'm not at all a Fulton fan but he look like a beast out there. He's going to fill Gallman's shoes real fast. Fulton, well after the championship game last year I stated they needed to work on beating the press from the looks of it Jody took my advice because they looked good breaking it yesterday. Guards for Fulton well they're good with Steele but without Steele they may be a little down . Post play Reggie Garrett looked good down there may need to get a little stronger but he did ok.

West: I'm loving the offense that they run however, they're size is whats going to hurt them. They're to small. They don't have a proven guard and mainly Tookie is their go to player if he gets in foul trouble, that only means West is in TROUBLE.

I know most of these opinions didn't make sense but hey this is what i thought..

anything from carter this summer? heard the soph is looking as good as lester. i still think they will be there in the end next year!!

My opinion:

AE still has tons of athletic ability. They only scored 27 points on Catholic, Coach Mitchell wasn't there either. Coach Toms was calling the shots. That guard wore #23 can flat out play.

AE still has tons of athletic ability. They only scored 27 points on Catholic, Coach Mitchell wasn't there either. Coach Toms was calling the shots. That guard wore #23 can flat out play.

Yeah he's going to take Lopez's spot but still they got to have someone else. That's just the area of concern I see. But I'm not doubting my Roadrunners they will be ok by the time the season gets here

Attended Central games today. Central coaching put in a new plan for Catholic and won by 3 --also it made a difference with Dre starting. Catholic has nice height but AAA teams in their district will not allow a predominate post game offence because that is their strength. (Can not allow them to post up every trip down the court) Halls beat Farragut and Webb. I think Farragut beat Karns by 4. From what I saw in 3 days Fulton is the AA team to beat.

Catholic should be in the top 4 in their district with Central also being near the top in District 3AAA. Never know what is going to happen in round ball. One note Chris Lofton attended the last 3 games tonight and he looked great.

By the way I thought West looked real solid. I think they have a legitamit shot at competing for their district crown.

I haven't been able to watch the Dogs yet, but I hear they have murdered (literally) everybody they've played. I'm hoping to watch their scrimmage at Hampton today...

I hadent been able to catch a game yet either but i did hear that they should have beat unico co. looks like we will have a pretty good team this year

Catholic should do well in 4AAA. They have quite a bit of experience returning and play a style that 4AAA is not used to. They should easily be in the top 1/2 if not one of the top 3.

Has anyone seen Bearden play, and who is left on the team?

The Irish led 34-17 at half, and only outscored the Bobcats 30-24 in the second half (when the 2 starters showed up), however the Bobcats hit some threes late to close the final margin. Hutch played his bench practically all of the 4th when the Irish got up 30. But it should be a different game next week when Central has all of their players at the beginning of the game. The Bobcats do shoot the three really well and they are athletic and quick. Catholic's post play was the difference. Their post players had 40 of the 64 points.

Catholic should do well in 4AAA. They have quite a bit of experience returning and play a style that 4AAA is not used to. They should easily be in the top 1/2 if not one of the top 3.

Has anyone seen Bearden play, and who is left on the team?

Catholic should be competitive in the district, but year in year out it's going to be tough for them to be a top 3 team because you always figure that Bearden, Farragut, Lenoir City and Maryville will be the top 4 (Not Necessarily In That Order). I'm not downing the Irish it's just that Bearden and Farragut are two of the largest schools in East Tennessee and have great athletic programs with tons of talent walking the halls. As for Maryville they are going to be well coached for as long as Coach E is there doing his thing. Not to mention that they have great athletic programs and a large population. Lenoir City has the reigning MVP of the district returning along with some key pieces that will make big contributions.

Then you've got William Blount and West. I know for a fact that WB has a great coach that will always keep his team in the mix and West is loaded with athletic ability. I've heard that WB has had a strong summer and won some big games. I know it's only summer, but the last 2 years they've been very young and have experienced growing pains. It might be time for them to take a step forward with Ballard leading the way.

I love what Coach Hutchins has done at Catholic and think he's a tremendous coach, but district 4AAA is a tall order for anyone to compete in.