East TN

HOOPSGURU

I saw Farragut at the Karns camp and they may actually be better than a year ago. They don't have Watson and Mixer slowing them down and Coach Dodgen has started running dribble drive motion which has really opened things up for the perimeter players which will be their strength. I was impressed and shocked with what I saw from them. I would like to see the Irish beat the Admirals, but I don't know if they can.

This has got to be a joke right!!!

How many games did Farragut lose in spring ball this year to mediocre teams? They lost one game to Fulton last year but beat Fulton 2 -3 times. The saving factor is the top teams in the region are down.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many games did Farragut lose in spring ball this year to mediocre teams? They lost one game to Fulton last year but beat Fulton 2 -3 times. The saving factor is the top teams in the region are down.

I'm just telling you what I saw. I saw Farragut play 4 times last year and I'm telling you that they are more athletic than last year's team. I was shocked!

Actually he is right on. Farragut has looked better to my surprise also. I agree the 2 big boys slowed them down last year, and they don't have them inside hacking everybody that enters the lane. I was impressed with that 6'2ish white guard (sorry I cant remember his name) that likes to slash and can shoot last year, he looks like he is even better with the big boys out of the way.

Farragut actually played their varsity and JV against all varsity competition in the spring with only one exception - their JV lost to Catholic's JV. The varsity lost to Fulton, West, CC, and Halls (by 2 after beating them by 15 earlier in the summer). The JV team, which included 5 varsity players lost to LC by 5 and beat Fulton by 1 - Fulton was without Campbell. Farragut should be more athletic, but like most teams around the area, doesn't have a lot of height.

Farragut actually played their varsity and JV against all varsity competition in the spring with only one exception - their JV lost to Catholic's JV. The varsity lost to Fulton, West, CC, and Halls (by 2 after beating them by 15 earlier in the summer). The JV team, which included 5 varsity players lost to LC by 5 and beat Fulton by 1 - Fulton was without Campbell. Farragut should be more athletic, but like most teams around the area, doesn't have a lot of height.

I saw the game with LC at Fulton. Farragut actually jumped out to a 20-6 lead. In the second half they were tired. They had just finish playing Catholic right before the game and the threes stop falling in the second half.