14A

Humboldt58

That's true all 3 will be ranked but those ranking didn't mean nothing last year. Manassas was so much better then Lake Co that it was unreal.

Westwood, Middle College, and City University are all conenders trust me. They will not get no love because they are unknown across the state. 2nd they all play much stronger schedules then any 14A team so they will have more lost then them so voters won't give them any love. 4th when substate comes we will see how good the team is that comes to Memphis!!!

How is Taylor doing at southwest?

Well..We usually play Middle College every year..And Manassas was what you said..Avery didnt do much at all..Lake Co played poorly..at Manassas..still was within range in the 4th quarter..but like I said..this years Lake Co team will be better than last years..with more size..Lake Co has a guy coming in that's about 6'5 and 240 lbs..a beast under the basket..along with 3 of the startes from last year..Don't know about Taylor..That's for people from Humboldt..your other favorite school..lol

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manassas played all 15 guys -vs- LC won by double digits. Manassas played the worst game of their season and still beat Humboldt. I have only been wrong once on this web and that was the UC game. All m other stuff been on point. Westwood played HB this summer at murr st I think. Westwood killed them!!!

Manassas played all 15 guys -vs- LC won by double digits. Manassas played the worst game of their season and still beat Humboldt. I have only been wrong once on this web and that was the UC game. All m other stuff been on point. Westwood played HB this summer at murr st I think. Westwood killed them!!!

Maybe Humbolt can go 33 and 1 this season :roflolk:

Who would beat them Yankee..Manassas is gone..And if Westwood is as good as Legend says they are this year..Does Legend think they could have beaten last years Manassas team?And also for Legend to remember..Humboldt lost 3 big men off that team.!l

Who would beat them Yankee..Manassas is gone..And if Westwood is as good as Legend says they are this year..Does Legend think they could have beaten last years Manassas team?And also for Legend to remember..Humboldt lost 3 big men off that team.!l

Bigster, I think your boys from LC and UC both will be better than Humbolt this season. My opinion could change but from what I know now that's the way I see it. Not sure what Legend thinks but I don't think this seasons Westwood team would beat last seasons Manassas team. The best team in Single A won it all last season, without question. We tried to tell everybody last season but nobody would listen. Everybody was caught up in Humboldt's gaudy record and the dunkfest against some very weak teams. I can't count the number of times I would tell people about Woodard and how he would present problems for Humboldt, especially on the glass. Woodard finished that game with 16 points and 10 rebounds, 6 of them offensive rebounds. People would act like, yeah who the heck is Kendall Woodard anyway.

Now, if people look back in hindsight and see Manassas was something like 29 and 2 and played a far superior schedule and featured one of the top 30 players in the country with a very good supporting cast, they would say....I guess they knew what they were talking about afterall. I mean, come on...Manassas played against the likes of Tarik Black, Terrence Durham, Cedric Mcaffee, Zach Jones, and some of the best freshman in the southeast....did people honestly think they would be intimadated by Humbolts two big guys.....I think not. Most people HONESTLY thought Humboldt would take Manassas to the woodshed....I never could understand it either.

People were also commenting that the mive to AA in combination the the loss of Buckner would signal the demise of Manassas. I made it a point to go on the record and say...hold on, not so fast. Manassas is going to be a serious player in AA this season. Am I saying they will win it all...NO...but, it would not suprise me at all if they make it back to the State Tournement.

Anyway, last season is in the books. Time for a new season and I can't wait. Good luck to all teams.

Legend, the only bad thing about your top 5 is that only 2 from the West will be there to represent.

I've said it and I still think it. I believe that if Liberty and Fulton are to meet up at state, Liberty will take it to 'em. Liberty has played teams just as good and even better than Fulton since they've been playing in AAA. Liberty returns almost all of the talent from that team last year. They have a new coach, however Coach Dexter Williams is still hanging around.

As for Bolivar, they lost a solid group of Seniors, one being Chris Reaves. However, that may have been better for that TEAM. Chris is a great player, but I've heard some stories. They return Murphy and Tisdale and should be the main contender versus Liberty for the District and Region titles.