Tara Tansil-Gentry

sportslover88

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If UTM doesnt hire Coach McMillan then nothing has changed about the UTM Athletic Dept. It is a no brainer who they need to hire. It wouldnt take Kevin McMillan three years to have a competitve team in the OVC and it would be with some local talent. Its to obvious of a choice so I expect UTM to hire an assistant coach from a girls school in Maine oe Timbucktoo.

Please UTM do the right thing and hire Kevin McMillan.

Question is.... Will Kevin accept the job??? His wife is expecting a baby within then next couple of months and college coaching will be a year round job with recruiting and then the season. It wouldn't surprise me if he does take the job though. He would do a great job at UTM no doubt. They are in desperate need of a great coach to turn that program around.

Question is.... Will Kevin accept the job??? His wife is expecting a baby within then next couple of months and college coaching will be a year round job with recruiting and then the season. It wouldn't surprise me if he does take the job though. He would do a great job at UTM no doubt. They are in desperate need of a great coach to turn that program around.

As long and as hard as Kevin has worked to make it to the next level, There is no way that he would turn down the UTM Job. And you are right, He will have them competiting for a OVC Title in 3 years.

As long and as hard as Kevin has worked to make it to the next level, There is no way that he would turn down the UTM Job. And you are right, He will have them competiting for a OVC Title in 3 years.

All he has to do is recruit his current team and they will compete. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

All he has to do is recruit his current team and they will compete. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

lets not get too wild... Butler is no doubt D1 OVC material, but although they are great high school players I"m not sure the two post girls would be what you would want to recruit to build/rebuild a D1 program around. I personally feel they are more suited to the Freed, Bethel, etc track. Now if he could get Fussel and Butler and maybe Reichis plus go into MEMPHIS and get a few of those ungodly athletic, tall girls that are one or two good years of great coaching away from being all-americans you got something!!!!

Tara Tansil-Gentry stepped down as the head women's basketball coach at UTM today. Who will they get next? Will they get someone that is going to come in and turn the program around like the Men's Basketball team has done? Will it be a particular high school coach from 13AA? Who will it be??

Lester Hudson turned the program around, not the coach. No offense, I'm sure Brett Cambell is a nice guy and all, he just can't coach. UTM boys have been awful for all of Cambell's tenure sans Lester. Not 100% sure but he didn't even recruit Lester either, 'twas his assistant.

Bring back Vanatta

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He's a retread and he had his chance.