TBCA east showcase roster

NETFan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a showcase designed to get visibility for the best players in each region then there should be a feedback process for the kids that do not make it. Each kid trying out should have been evaluated by some type of process - hitting, running, fielding, throwing, etc... that evaluation should be made available to the player that was not chosen and/or coach so that they understand what they need to improve on to get to the next level. Not getting any feedback or informaiton through this process is not helping the kids that did not make the team get better to reach their goals.

If this is a showcase designed to get visibility for the best players in each region then there should be a feedback process for the kids that do not make it. Each kid trying out should have been evaluated by some type of process - hitting, running, fielding, throwing, etc... that evaluation should be made available to the player that was not chosen and/or coach so that they understand what they need to improve on to get to the next level. Not getting any feedback or informaiton through this process is not helping the kids that did not make the team get better to reach their goals.

I would typically agree with that statement, but, believe that a true coach would be able to tell his player what he would need to improve on to get to that next level. That information should come from the kids HS coach, rather than someone that might see him for a 3 hour work out.

Nowhere does it say for jrs and srs. If so they should let underclassmen know not to come. I would think they would pick the best players no matter what grade. I know a freshman that hit two out at the tryout last year and was the fastest pitcher and did not get picked and no one told him why.

Nowhere does it say for jrs and srs. If so they should let underclassmen know not to come. I would think they would pick the best players no matter what grade. I know a freshman that hit two out at the tryout last year and was the fastest pitcher and did not get picked and no one told him why.

They used to have separate teams for underclassmen. This was discontinued a couple of years ago due to lack of interest by the college coaches. Very few showed up to the underclass games, because they didn't want to waste time watching kids that they couldn't even talk to.

It really should be restricted to upperclassmen; the others should have to wait until they are actually eligible to be recruited.

If the kid is that good, he'll easily make it after he's a Junior. Why be so selfish, let the kids who are trying to be seen that are going to be seniors have the spot. If an 8th or 9th or 10th grader has an awsome day , the scouts won't remember by the time he's a senior. If he is that awesome,he'll be seen Are you just a kid (or parent) whose ego keeps them from seeing this is for upperclassman who want to be seen and whose time is running out. There are very few spots for a lot of good kids. Where's the love?

JMO, but politics play a major role in kids making the team and kids not being selected. Four years ago I watched the tryout process @ one of the tryout camps. Two kids (different high schools) that played MIF put on a show both at the plate and in the field. Player #1 had made the team the previous year and was named both All Region & All State. During BP where each kid got 10 pitches this player hit 3 balls out of the park, 5 balls off the wall, one back to the pitcher and one to the 1st baseman. Player #2 that was All Region hit 1 ball out of the park, 3 off the LF fence, and had 5 more solid swings. These two young men also put on a show with their glove and had everyone talking when the tryout was over. But for some reason they did not make the team and when questioned by Player #2 coach the person that conducted the tryout said that if he was going to coach the team his kids and those from his district were going to be on the team. Both of these young men went on to play @ the next level (OVC & Conference USA) but why even have the "tryout" if this is how you are going to do things?

If the kid is that good, he'll easily make it after he's a Junior. Why be so selfish, let the kids who are trying to be seen that are going to be seniors have the spot. If an 8th or 9th or 10th grader has an awsome day , the scouts won't remember by the time he's a senior. If he is that awesome,he'll be seen Are you just a kid (or parent) whose ego keeps them from seeing this is for upperclassman who want to be seen and whose time is running out. There are very few spots for a lot of good kids. Where's the love?

My thing is then say it. Don't let them come to the tryout and not make it. I would somewhat disagree with the college coaches thing. They want to see the best no matter what age.

My major issue. Keep the politics out of it.

JMO, but politics play a major role in kids making the team and kids not being selected. Four years ago I watched the tryout process @ one of the tryout camps. Two kids (different high schools) that played MIF put on a show both at the plate and in the field. Player #1 had made the team the previous year and was named both All Region & All State. During BP where each kid got 10 pitches this player hit 3 balls out of the park, 5 balls off the wall, one back to the pitcher and one to the 1st baseman. Player #2 that was All Region hit 1 ball out of the park, 3 off the LF fence, and had 5 more solid swings. These two young men also put on a show with their glove and had everyone talking when the tryout was over. But for some reason they did not make the team and when questioned by Player #2 coach the person that conducted the tryout said that if he was going to coach the team his kids and those from his district were going to be on the team. Both of these young men went on to play @ the next level (OVC & Conference USA) but why even have the "tryout" if this is how you are going to do things?

I watched the Showcase tryout in Cookeville and can tell you there were about 40 kids trying out. Of those 40 there were IMO, about 32-35 who had a chance or deserved to be selected. Allot of talent vying for I'm guessing 15-20 spots. No matter how you select the players someone is always going to feel they or their child should have made the team. What's the solution?, I surely don't have the answer. But all the "Conspiracy Theories" never change year after year. My guess they never will. Guess that's why CoachT is in business.

I'm quite sure there are kids & parents who made the TBCA Showcase and didn't make the Sunbelt roster that feel cheated. My advice, deal with your disappointment and keep moving foward. Your day will come.

I watched the Showcase tryout in Cookeville and can tell you there were about 40 kids trying out. Of those 40 there were IMO, about 32-35 who had a chance or deserved to be selected. Allot of talent vying for I'm guessing 15-20 spots. No matter how you select the players someone is always going to feel they or their child should have made the team. What's the solution?, I surely don't have the answer. But all the "Conspiracy Theories" never change year after year. My guess they never will. Guess that's why CoachT is in business.

I'm quite sure there are kids & parents who made the TBCA Showcase and didn't make the Sunbelt roster that feel cheated. My advice, deal with your disappointment and keep moving foward. Your day will come.

There was no "conspiracy theory" as my grandson made the team that year. The problem was Ray Charles could tell you than the two men not selected were not only the best MIF on the field but the best two players. I know why player #2 high school coach would not send players to the tryouts after that day. Just pick the best players and you will have few problems.

There was no "conspiracy theory" as my grandson made the team that year. The problem was Ray Charles could tell you than the two men not selected were not only the best MIF on the field but the best two players. I know why player #2 high school coach would not send players to the tryouts after that day. Just pick the best players and you will have few problems.

That is mine pick the obvious best players. There were 112 players trying out at UT this year and many were obvious. It has been two weeks and no published list and some of the obvious have not heard a thing.