Yet Another Coaching Vacancy

jackpot1255

If you have ever been around Mark Beal, you know he don't have a problem telling how much he doesn't like Moore. I listened to it and others have asked me why Beal does not like Moore. Coach Moore is one of the best coaches in the area and has won district championships at every level. I don't think any other coach in Houston County can say that. It is a no-brainer who the next coach should be and I think Beal should grow up because he is the one with the problem, not Coach Moore. Beal is losing a lot of respect by not doing what is right. Coach Moore told me at a camp a year ago that he doesn't have a problem with Beal, but he knows Beal has a problem with him because some other coaches in the area have told him so. I just hate to see someone be treated as bad as Coach Moore has after all he does for the students in Houston County and he continues to keep on doing a good job no matter what.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be that the reason that Moore shouldn't be considered for the position is the way he has come and gone in the previous coaching positions he has had. I think he has had at least 3 different coaching postions in Houston Co and always resigns from them after a few years. He has quit a few of these at the last minute leaving the administration scrambling to get the position filled. So maybe the administration is not playing politics but steering clear of a situation that they had to deal with in the past. Also odds are if you checkout the people in the community who keep up with the athletic programs Moore will have very little support.

Could it be that the reason that Moore shouldn't be considered for the position is the way he has come and gone in the previous coaching positions he has had. I think he has had at least 3 different coaching postions in Houston Co and always resigns from them after a few years. He has quit a few of these at the last minute leaving the administration scrambling to get the position filled. So maybe the administration is not playing politics but steering clear of a situation that they had to deal with in the past. Also odds are if you checkout the people in the community who keep up with the athletic programs Moore will have very little support.

You have no idea what you are talking about! The bottom line is that these kids want to play for Scott Moore, not Young or anyone else. The "situation" that the school system had to deal with was their fault, not Moores and they know it.

Let me see, I think Moore coached a couple of years at Erin Elem. then moved UP to the middle school to coach then was asked to move UP again to coach the High School girls. Then I think he did resign after winning the district championship and getting the program back on track so that he could coach, be at all of his own kids games, and get into administration. As far as support, have you not been reading these message boards; We are the people who keep up with athletic programs. Or did you have a kid that got cut or didn't get enough playing time?

NO, thats not the reason Moore wouldn't be considered for the job, and I don't know who you have talked to, but I have talked to most of the people in the basketball community who support boys basketball, and they strongly support Moore as coach, also every boy on the team wants him as coach, and the parents I have talked to also do. As to his leaving admin scrambling........... I don't know about when he left the high school, but at the middle school, he resigned the boys coaching job in the spring after bball season was over. I THINK this gave them plenty of time to hire a new coach, which they did, someone already in the system. HC usually moves in the system before it hires outside, thats not been the case with Moore.

A winning team means big payouts at the gate and in conecessions, and Moore can win with this team, They know and respect him, and will give him all they have.

As I have said before, admin should listen to the boys and the community.

Talking about resigning and scrambling. Look at Beal resigning as director then having everybody scrambling to create a position and find the money to pay his salary so that he would have a job. Then he resigns as coach Baggetts assistant right before camp. Then appoints himself to be the interim head coach for the summer. You think there was support there. From administration only, no one else. Coach Moore is supported in this community.You need to talk to teachers and parents. He has took the administrations worst treatment to him and his family and still has a great attitude when it comes to his job. Every time I talk to him he is excited about his job and the activities he is doing with his students. This coaching situation is an easy descision if the right people could swallow their pride and do whats right.

Grape Vine tells me that three potential candidates were interviewed for the head coaching position yesterday. Scott Moore, Trotter from Summertown, and I can't remember the third I think they said he was from South Fulton area but you know my memory isn't what it used to be, me being a mom with teenagers will do that for ya. LOL I also know the basketball team has asked for a meeting with Ms. Harvey (Director of Schools) and Ms. Jolly (principle). I'm very anxious to see how things turn out. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Grape Vine tells me that three potential candidates were interviewed for the head coaching position yesterday. Scott Moore, Trotter from Summertown, and I can't remember the third I think they said he was from South Fulton area but you know my memory isn't what it used to be, me being a mom with teenagers will do that for ya. LOL I also know the basketball team has asked for a meeting with Ms. Harvey (Director of Schools) and Ms. Jolly (principle). I'm very anxious to see how things turn out. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I think Moore would do a good job with the team,I hope that if he doesn't get the job the team,parents and community would support the new coach.Trotter is a great coach and comes from a great family of educators so they would in my opinion hit a home run there.I strongly encourage everyone not to overreact if Scott does not get the job because Trotter is the better of the two candidates,but I do think Scott would do great also.I wish I knew who the third candidate was and who is going to be AD,I think Orville Mccullough would be great.

I think Moore would do a good job with the team,I hope that if he doesn't get the job the team,parents and community would support the new coach.Trotter is a great coach and comes from a great family of educators so they would in my opinion hit a home run there.I strongly encourage everyone not to overreact if Scott does not get the job because Trotter is the better of the two candidates,but I do think Scott would do great also.I wish I knew who the third candidate was and who is going to be AD,I think Orville Mccullough would be great.

Orville doesn't want it is what I was told, he is staying with the middle school, although I agree he would be great. The other candidate ( I was told ) is Corey Butcherelli ( spelling? ) he had the JV boys a couple of years ago. Think hes at Charlotte Middle School now.

I know the team wants Coach Moore, and I, along with most of the community feel the job should go to Moore because hes in the system, and is a proven winner. HC policy is suppossed to be move in the system before hiring outside, but that only applies when admin feels its what they want.

We have the makings of a good ballteam this year. I hope this doesn't ruin it. I really can't say what the reaction will be from the team.

Whats Trotters record Grendal, and how long has he been coaching?