Yet Another Coaching Vacancy

jackpot1255

No disrespect to anyone else, but if Houston County has the opportunity to hire Les Trotter then they need to do it as soon as they can. Trotter is a proven winner with several state tournament appearances at Summertown. He is also one of the best and hardest working basketball coaches you will ever find.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orville doesn't want it is what I was told, he is staying with the middle school, although I agree he would be great. The other candidate ( I was told ) is Corey Butcherelli ( spelling? ) he had the JV boys a couple of years ago. Think hes at Charlotte Middle School now.

I know the team wants Coach Moore, and I, along with most of the community feel the job should go to Moore because hes in the system, and is a proven winner. HC policy is suppossed to be move in the system before hiring outside, but that only applies when admin feels its what they want.

We have the makings of a good ballteam this year. I hope this doesn't ruin it. I really can't say what the reaction will be from the team.

Whats Trotters record Grendal, and how long has he been coaching?

As a S'town fan, I hope that he doesnt go.

Here is what I know.

Just finished his 11th season at S'town. Went over 200 wins two years ago, I think.

Made 3 or 4 State Tourn app. - including this season where team lost to Temple in State Semi finals.

His teams play hard and fast and are fun to watch.

Here is what I know.

Just finished his 11th season at S'town. Went over 200 wins two years ago, I think.

Made 3 or 4 State Tourn app. - including this season where team lost to Temple in State Semi finals.

Is he a coach that will play his best players no matter what outside influences say, won't play favorites and treat everyone the same/fairly? Coach to win and even when behind will still coach to the end of the game and not just give up and stop coaching. Also when a player gets in trouble at school will they face repercussions from the coach because they are a member of the team and a representative of the school? This is the kind of coach that I want for our boys no matter if it's Moore, Trotter or whomever the third candidate was. I think if they do the things I've mentioned then we shouldn't have anything to complain about.

I think Moore would do a good job with the team,I hope that if he doesn't get the job the team,parents and community would support the new coach.Trotter is a great coach and comes from a great family of educators so they would in my opinion hit a home run there.I strongly encourage everyone not to overreact if Scott does not get the job because Trotter is the better of the two candidates,but I do think Scott would do great also.I wish I knew who the third candidate was and who is going to be AD,I think Orville Mccullough would be great.

the third candidate, his name is cox from the south fulton area i do belive if i can remember correctly

Grape Vine tells me that three potential candidates were interviewed for the head coaching position yesterday. Scott Moore, Trotter from Summertown, and I can't remember the third I think they said he was from South Fulton area but you know my memory isn't what it used to be, me being a mom with teenagers will do that for ya. LOL I also know the basketball team has asked for a meeting with Ms. Harvey (Director of Schools) and Ms. Jolly (principle). I'm very anxious to see how things turn out. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

hmm i wonder how u no all his, and the third one is name is cox from souh fulton near the knoxville area how i didnt no i made ur memory this bad mom i just told u who it was lol..and we havent got the meeting together yet but its coming soon i promise .

hmm i wonder how u no all his, and the third one is name is cox from souh fulton near the knoxville area how i didnt no i made ur memory this bad mom i just told u who it was lol..and we havent got the meeting together yet but its coming soon i promise .

You need to proof read your posts before you hit add reply. You had some help with the demise of my memory. LOL /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Here is what I know.

If hes got so much talent there, why would he want to come here?? HC has talented boys, but not as big a crop to choose from

Is he a coach that will play his best players no matter what outside influences say, won't play favorites and treat everyone the same/fairly? Coach to win and even when behind will still coach to the end of the game and not just give up and stop coaching. Also when a player gets in trouble at school will they face repercussions from the coach because they are a member of the team and a representative of the school? This is the kind of coach that I want for our boys no matter if it's Moore, Trotter or whomever the third candidate was. I think if they do the things I've mentioned then we shouldn't have anything to complain about.

The boy that got in trouble did have punishment, supension, and after much discussion, was allowed back with penalities. Most of the team wanted him back, there were only a couple that didn't. Everyone makes mistakes, should they be penalized for the rest of their high school days?

If he has had that kind of success I imagine he does not play politics in his coaching decision. Most coaches that successful do not worry about anything except getting the best out of their team, whoever that might be.

Why you think Stewart Co has so many problems.

The boy that got in trouble did have punishment, supension, and after much discussion, was allowed back with penalities. Most of the team wanted him back, there were only a couple that didn't. Everyone makes mistakes, should they be penalized for the rest of their high school days?

this isnt the boys first time being accused of the same hing he got into trouble for how many chances are u suppose to give people now days if he does it once gets away with and twice and gets away with it he is just going to do it again because he knows the outcome.(even no he is one of my close friends and i did want him back on the team i was just saying we need a coach that sticks behind the rules)

the bottom line is that the team wants moore and we are going to do everything in our power to get him..we all respect him he doesnt play favorites he doesnt care what your last name is or who your parents, grandparents,aunts uncles cousin nephews are etc. he plays his best player i have seen myself him yell and sit his kids the whole game cause they werent playing well..he puts the fire under our butts that we need if the comunity board of ed and staff want us to go far the next two years they need to hire scott moore..i mean we will play hard for any coach but it will be just a different ball game with coach scott