Yet Another Coaching Vacancy

jackpot1255

Great Post Greatergood!!! My question for the top two is this... say the roles were reversed and it was one of your children that this had happened to, what would you have done? You would have expected the school system to have handled it properly and when they didn't you would have been forced to do the exact same thing. Any parent faced with the same situation would. This has been going on for way too long and it is time for you to admit the system failed in this situation, get over it, and move on. Now my next question is this........If you decide to give the job to another Coach besides Coach Moore how do you think it is going to go over with the team when they have been so openly about who they want as their coach and would you want to be a new coach coming into a new school knowing that your team wanted someone else? To me that sounds like a huge problem that could be avoided.

Scott Moore is a great coach!! Those boys have so much respect for him, its hard to imagine how they would feel about someone new. Knowing their opinions did not matter when they voiced it to those in charge sends a negative message! Young adults are the future of tomorrow and when they stand up for what they believe is right, then their voices should be heard and respected! Each day we teach our young adults to be respectable and considerate of those leading them, so lets give these young leaders that same respect and listen and really consider what they are trying to tell us!! BEST WISHES to scott and his family, he has a group of tremendously athletic children who will be an asset to any basketball program!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have been out of town the last few weeks but, I know many people from the Houston county area, and I talked to a few members of the community, including two members of the board within the last few days. Knowing or not knowing the situation about Coach Moore, he will not get the job.... Not saying he is not deserving, but its a small town and people up at the top...(actually the top two...would never let it happen....) So take him out of the picture...I have alot of respect for him, but he would not be the best hire anyhow...Two coaches that made appearances in the state tourney jsut this past year have applied or atleast shown interest in the job... Trotter, a native of Waverly, son of Gene Trotter(TSSAA HOF, as a coach), would have no problem playing the best player and would have the upmost respect from the ones who know basketballin the HC area(not just because of his father, but his own record at that)...The other guy is from Fulton, and used to be an assistant at Northeast (maybe Northwest)...And has contacts with the current principal of HC. From the sources i heard from he is actually the leading canidate, because of this tie...I am not sure if he has ever held a head coaching position or not...

What happened with moore is pretty bad i will say, and he is a very good modivator....Beal resigned from the way that coach baggett decided to disipline some of the players, which i tend to have to agree with him on...But whoever said something about him resigning for the better job in nashville then getting a "created" position is 100% correct....I am pretty sure that he would not want the head coaching job anyhow...unless he told me personally otherwise....I think that Coach young has no real interest in it since the girls have a much brighter future anyhow...Butcheralli(sp?) will not get the job...has no connections nor the resume of the other canidates...I personally would like to see Trotter hired, because if you saw what he did with the talent he had this year, you would agree...Ask CA...

Hmmm!! Ya small town thats it... Why interview Scott Moore if he has no chance?? I'm sure his interview was to make everything look like it's being done properly. He is deserving of the position and this makes me believe that its "who you know" in this county... Well best of luck to you Coach Moore and to your family!!

Has someone been hired?

Please say yes and it is Scott Moore. I have never heard the same thing talked about so much. It is great for athletics when "the boys" or "the girls" are the ones that should decide the coach. Nothing against Scott Moore, but if he is so wonderful the admin should see that, if not you need to get new school board members that will get the right people to run your school. I understand there are special issues going on, but the administration needs to make unbiased decision based on what is best for the school and district. The same people here that have talked about how a coach will make a decision not based on politics and etc, are using politics to get the administration to make a decision based on what they perceive as "best". It comes done, school boards need to let their administration be just that, the admin should let coaches coach, teachers teach, and so on.

Ms Jolly will have a say....but I hate to break it to you...Ms. Harvey will have the final say...Lets say that Ms. Jolly wants to hire Scott Moore.... The veto will be sent down, but it will look as if Ms. Jolly was the one sending it.. The top two will not look like the bad guys...watch and see....

About Trotter...I know for a fact he has inquired about the position...Applied, not as of tuesday...Will he, I think he will(not saying he will actually take it if he gets the job)...

When I say the top two...Cox and Trotter, it is what it is...One of these two men will be the head coach....watch and see..

Coach Moore is a great guy, and a great coach...And I am by no means saying he should not get the job, but he will not....I also do not believe that he would be the BEST hire...but would be a good one

On Butcherli(sp??) , I said he has no pull...And he doesn't..I know he is a grad of HCHS, and an x assistant coach....But he does not have the real pull needed.....

Please say yes and it is Scott Moore. I have never heard the same thing talked about so much. It is great for athletics when "the boys" or "the girls" are the ones that should decide the coach. Nothing against Scott Moore, but if he is so wonderful the admin should see that, if not you need to get new school board members that will get the right people to run your school. I understand there are special issues going on, but the administration needs to make unbiased decision based on what is best for the school and district. The same people here that have talked about how a coach will make a decision not based on politics and etc, are using politics to get the administration to make a decision based on what they perceive as "best". It comes done, school boards need to let their administration be just that, the admin should let coaches coach, teachers teach, and so on.

The people on this board are stating their opinions, just as you did. How in the world do you think we are using politics??? And if you don't want to "hear : it, stay off this thread. Maybe we feel the team should have a say so, and we support the team.

Ms Jolly will have a say....but I hate to break it to you...Ms. Harvey will have the final say...Lets say that Ms. Jolly wants to hire Scott Moore.... The veto will be sent down, but it will look as if Ms. Jolly was the one sending it.. The top two will not look like the bad guys...watch and see....

About Trotter...I know for a fact he has inquired about the position...Applied, not as of tuesday...Will he, I think he will(not saying he will actually take it if he gets the job)...

When I say the top two...Cox and Trotter, it is what it is...One of these two men will be the head coach....watch and see..

Coach Moore is a great guy, and a great coach...And I am by no means saying he should not get the job, but he will not....I also do not believe that he would be the BEST hire...but would be a good one

On Butcherli(sp??) , I said he has no pull...And he doesn't..I know he is a grad of HCHS, and an x assistant coach....But he does not have the real pull needed.....

Glad to see you know so much about it. At last, an expert who knows the ins and outs of our school system. Ms Harvey told the boys it was Jollys decision, soooo are you saying Ms Harvey is a liar? Sounds that way to me!

Why in the world would Trotter want to come here, the pay cut that he will have to take is unreal, theres no benefits, and he has a much smaller ratio of boys to choose from. Since you know the FACTS about Trotter, maybe you should inform him of these things.

I think that since you know whats "best" maybe you should come and hire the coach. And as to your "breaking " anything to us, do you honestly think that you know something we don't???? Good grief, have you been paying attention, or just blindly typing? We KNOW that HC has it in for Moore, they have done everything they could do to run him off. All because they are responsible for what happened to his son. If it had of been my son I would of done the same thing. We know that the chances of him being hired are low, NOT because he isn't qualified, but because of his son getting his jaw broken!!!!

We are simply here stating what the team wants. The team is first with us, these are good boys who play hard, and they deserve a say in it. And thats what they are getting.

Ms jolly has the first and last say so..not ms harvey not mr beal and i dont no were you people are gettin trotter from he did not even apply for the job? please explain to me how u know he applied???

You must know the system pretty well, thats how its been done in the past anyways! Ms Jolly gave her word to each boy basketball player that she had picked the top 3 and Trotter was not one of the three and that word was giving on Thursday afternoon! I really hope that these boys can return to school in late July feeling confident in the fact that they have a faculty advisor that does not feed them crap! Scott Moore is the best, check his record, and then ask how does he get some much out of an athlete, he does it because of his love for the game and his desire to build a winning team! Not everyone can say the same!

Ms jolly has the first and last say so..not ms harvey not mr beal and i dont no were you people are gettin trotter from he did not even apply for the job? please explain to me how u know he applied???

I "know" where I am getting my information from...Trotter has not applied as of Tuesday, but i believe it is still posted, correct? I never once said that he did apply, but I personally think that he may...I "know" that he atleast inquired about the position before Tuesday.

You must know the system pretty well, thats how its been done in the past anyways! Ms Jolly gave her word to each boy basketball player that she had picked the top 3 and Trotter was not one of the three and that word was giving on Thursday afternoon! I really hope that these boys can return to school in late July feeling confident in the fact that they have a faculty advisor that does not feed them crap! Scott Moore is the best, check his record, and then ask how does he get some much out of an athlete, he does it because of his love for the game and his desire to build a winning team! Not everyone can say the same!

Like I said before the decsion will be made by "ms jolly", but thats because ms. harvey and mr beal do not want to be the ones that say that coach moore didnt get the job. I like coach moore and think he is a good coach. But in high school boys basketball his record is 0-0...He has also coached some very good teams throughout his career. Good middle school boys teams and probably the best girls team HC has had in 20 years the year that they won the district...I really do think Coach moore is a good coach and has the potential to be a great coach, but Trotter has done wonders in Summertown...A school smaller than HC, and in his 10+ year tenure in coaching the boys basketball team has been to the state tournament as much as all of the HC high school sports combined(throughout the history of the school).... Like I said before if he applies and HC does not give him the job, they are not looing for the best interest of the sports program..