Union Co. Coaching Position

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not privvy to any details, but I have heard that some very good applicants from out of state have applied---from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, and another state that I can't remember---as well as several in-state applicants.

Roger Murphy, head girls coach at UCHS, has removed his name from the applicant pool as I understand, so I believe that leaves only two "local" or county people applying---Vic King----former boys assistant under Brian Jessie as well as former girls assistant under Lori Cook---and Jonathon Smith, head girls coach at Horace Maynard Middle School.

Interviews were held Monday and Tuesday, and will continue throughout this week.

The new coach is supposed to be named by Friday or Sat.If i was them i would be hesitaite to hire anybody outside the state. For one they do not know the district they are getting into and that is probably the hardest district in east TN if not the state! Hire somebody who knows the kids and knows the district, but hire them soon so the kids are not to far gone where they can't build that realtionship with the coach in the off season like they should!

i have heard that is well and i think that is a major mistake! Tyler is a great kid and he is probably hurt that coach jesse left but he still has all of his friends there and he will get just as mant looks there as going to anderson co. Just my thought but i believe he needs to stay, but he has not been with the team at all this year. Hope he knows what he is doing and good luck to him

i have heard that is well and i think that is a major mistake! Tyler is a great kid and he is probably hurt that coach jesse left but he still has all of his friends there and he will get just as mant looks there as going to anderson co. Just my thought but i believe he needs to stay, but he has not been with the team at all this year. Hope he knows what he is doing and good luck to him

He and another will end up at AC and the word I have heard is that another may leave too.

He and another will end up at AC and the word I have heard is that another may leave too.

Union Co. would have started the year with 4 returning starters, coach left for seymour now smith is leaving for anderson co. and i heard cox may go to carter and vittetoe may go to gibbs, this team could have made a run at state next year could now have only one returning starter and headed for the toughest AA district in the state, what a SHAME.

Union Co. would have started the year with 4 returning starters, coach left for seymour now smith is leaving for anderson co. and i heard cox may go to carter and vittetoe may go to gibbs, this team could have made a run at state next year could now have only one returning starter and headed for the toughest AA district in the state, what a SHAME.

Cox to carter is a real possibility. No way Vittetoe goes to Gibbs.

My question is how are they just going to up and leave a school and transfer in another school without having to sit out a year? I mean someone explain that. If they can transfer out like that and go to another program to play I say go to AE, they'll be needing a guard, a couple of post players as well