Humboldt Vikings : Predictions 2009

redskins50

Zebra99, You have to be correct on the Rebels this year. I believe this is one of the strongest teams we've had in long time. We return alot of talent on both sides of the ball, expecially on the O side and our D is pretty darn good to boot too. I don't see people underestimating us come time to play. Everyone knows what we are about and most come prepared to play and trust me we are not taking anyone on our schedule lightly either. We have a very difficult schedule this year as most do around here by the sounds of it. We're looking forward to the challenge from Humbodt this year. Looks like they are loaded also. Should be very interesting to watch. By the looks of their schedule, they have the same concerns we have and that is staying injury free. Anyways, good luck to the Vikings and we'll be seeing you in Mck Town very soon.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Humboldt does have a scrimmage this friday they play the bolivar tigers at bolivar.. then they scrimmage liberty sometime next week.. humboldt will have a jamboree sometime but i dont know the location...

Look for a new look vikings this year.....

Do u know if the Liberty scrimmage is in Humboldt or Liberty? That should be a good scrimmage as well. I would like to see Humboldt scrimmage have heard good things from the Humboldt camp this year. If any one in Hbt is interested Milan has a scrimmage against Mayfield Ky friday at Milan 6:30 pm. If anyone knows please post the time and location thank u! :lol:

Yea Quan Campbell should be ready to play by the fall. Humboldt will be an explosive team with the main threats being Campbell, Dunbar, Brian Harris & KJ Montague. I don't exatly know the shedule but I know the tough games will be Henry Co. at home, LC away, & idk where we play UC. Milan away will be tough too.

No doubt, Humboldt will be a tough team this season if all goes as expected. I'm really glad that ya'll don't consider McKenzie a tough game and the Vike's play us in McKenzie on September 25. I'm thinking it will be a good one but, I'm a little prejudice I guess...............................! :roflolk::evil:

I sure Humboldt58 considers Mckenzie a tough game he just throwed up a couple of teams, off the top of his head. I do and will say that i respect the sucess that Mckenzie has had in the recent years! I think people around HBT are excited for the upcoming year. They got the best coach they have had since Tucker left, Bland who has been a winner everwhere he has been. HBT faithful say Bland has what it takes to make the changes to get HBT back to respectibility. Mckenzie will the team to beat come playoff time to get to the 2a championship. I really think the road will have to go through Mckenzie you all should be loaded this year! This could be the best team ever at Mckenzie. I been around for a awhile and just a old school guy. Be around the game alot of years about 50 or so, i never take any one lightly. Especially a team on the rise such as Mckenzie!! Good luck to Mckenzie and HBT on the upcoming season!! Does any one there in Rebel country remember the last time Mckenzie and HBT has played? They hooked up in the Butter Bowl in Pulaski in the mid 60's. But don't know if that was the last time they meet or not? If anyone has any info on that send it on out would be grateful! I sure there are a few old heads on here besides me well maybe not! But again good luck to Mckenzie and HBT this season! I remember the score but not going to reveal it till somebody knows the last time they meet for sure!!

The last and only time McKenzie and Humboldt played was in 1940 and the score was McKenzie-14 and Humboldt-6.

The Rebels (who were actually the Yellojackets then) went 8-4 that season.

Yea Quan Campbell should be ready to play by the fall. Humboldt will be an explosive team with the main threats being Campbell, Dunbar, Brian Harris & KJ Montague. I don't exatly know the shedule but I know the tough games will be Henry Co. at home, LC away, & idk where we play UC. Milan away will be tough too.

No doubt, Humboldt will be a tough team this season if all goes as expected. I'm really glad that ya'll don't consider McKenzie a tough game and the Vike's play us in McKenzie on September 25. I'm thinking it will be a good one but, I'm a little prejudice I guess...............................! :roflolk::evil:

Behave duck...lol...The Vikings will know in time that the Rebels will be a tough out..Going to be a lot of interesting post between the Rebel faithful and the Vikings..And just think..Butchie hasn't shown up yet..Once he gets going..the Vikings are in for a treat..He'll keep the boards buzzzzzzzzzzing!

Aww bigster, you know how it is. Just pickin' a little. Humboldt will be all we can handle I suspect but feel we will be the same for them. Yeah, butchie will blow the ship out of the water when he shows up!!! :lol: Personally, I'm for sure old school and have a LOT of respect for a LOT of area teams and Humboldt is definitely one of those.

bigster, the funny thing is that butchie wasn't hangin' 'round this site back when we were 2A and he doesn't know what to expect in return. It's gonna be funny!!! I can't wait to see it. It just plain ain't so automatic in this house!!!!! :lol::evil:

I sure Humboldt58 considers Mckenzie a tough game he just throwed up a couple of teams, off the top of his head. I do and will say that i respect the sucess that Mckenzie has had in the recent years! I think people around HBT are excited for the upcoming year. They got the best coach they have had since Tucker left, Bland who has been a winner everwhere he has been. HBT faithful say Bland has what it takes to make the changes to get HBT back to respectibility. Mckenzie will the team to beat come playoff time to get to the 2a championship. I really think the road will have to go through Mckenzie you all should be loaded this year! This could be the best team ever at Mckenzie. I been around for a awhile and just a old school guy. Be around the game alot of years about 50 or so, i never take any one lightly. Especially a team on the rise such as Mckenzie!! Good luck to Mckenzie and HBT on the upcoming season!! Does any one there in Rebel country remember the last time Mckenzie and HBT has played? They hooked up in the Butter Bowl in Pulaski in the mid 60's. But don't know if that was the last time they meet or not? If anyone has any info on that send it on out would be grateful! I sure there are a few old heads on here besides me well maybe not! But again good luck to Mckenzie and HBT this season! I remember the score but not going to reveal it till somebody knows the last time they meet for sure!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. Just gettin' into mode for football time on Friday nights. To me it's all in good fun.

To Zebra I'm pretty sure the Liberty scrimmage is in tha boldt... and it's next week sometime might be the 6th.

And to all the McKanzie Rebels fans; I'm sorry I left you guys off a post I made a month or two a ago... but trust me we consider you guys a very tough game...being on the road against an unfamiliar & highly talented opponent...so believe me we haven't forgoten or over looked you guys at all was just refering to the first part of the season & some district foes.

The Bolivar scrimmage went extremely well in my eyes... Humboldt's 1st team looked very strong with some great runs by Jr. RB Quan Campbell & a nice surprise from his younger brother who also got some work with the first team Freshman JK Kimble who can & will be every bit as good as Quan is but is a little bit bigger than Quan JK is already at about 6'0 180.... :ph34r:

To Zebra I'm pretty sure the Liberty scrimmage is in tha boldt... and it's next week sometime might be the 6th.

And to all the McKanzie Rebels fans; I'm sorry I left you guys off a post I made a month or two a ago... but trust me we consider you guys a very tough game...being on the road against an unfamiliar & highly talented opponent...so believe me we haven't forgoten or over looked you guys at all was just refering to the first part of the season & some district foes.

The Bolivar scrimmage went extremely well in my eyes... Humboldt's 1st team looked very strong with some great runs by Jr. RB Quan Campbell & a nice surprise from his younger brother who also got some work with the first team Freshman JK Kimble who can & will be every bit as good as Quan is but is a little bit bigger than Quan JK is already at about 6'0 180.... :lol:

Well thats good to hear and sounds like HBT will have depth this year. I going to try to made it to the Liberty scrimmage if i can. I got 7 grankids and they pretty much kept old grandad on his toes! Yes like i said they always play a tough non district schedule. With Mckenzie this may be the best team that they have ever put on the field. From what i have read they will be mighty good so the Hbt better be ready ever game! Once again i do think that Bland who is a good coach is the man to get Hbt program going again! Good luck and thanks for the info hope they have a great year! May all of west tn do well this season!! :)

Humboldt fans i hope this does not offend anyone. I know Liberty is in a larger class than Humboldt.I went to the scrimmage Thursday and Humboldt got their heads handed to them. They were out played on both sides of the ball. They have no depth and don't have much size that will be a problem all year for them. They totally a big play team and did not block well and couldn't tackle at all. They need some body to show how to block and tackle. They arm tackled the whole scrimmage and got killed. The Liberty QB made bowling pins out of the defense they looked terrible. I know some people don't put much into scrimmages. The way they blocked and tackled was uncalled for. If they do not improve they will be in for long season. Right now they are just a average team, if they don't improve they will be lucky to break 500! I just being honest ask anyone else that was there and if they tell u the truth they will tell u the same thing!! They better get on the stick if not Milan, Mckenzie, UC, HC will all beat them with ease. I hope they can improve i did not mean to offend any Humboldt fans!! :thumb:

When has Humboldt ever done good in scrimmages and jamborees? lol...I remember my sophomore year (2005 season), we played South Side in a scrimmage at South Side and got beat 8-1. The next week, we had 10 hour practices of just tackling drills and hitting! It was the funnest week I ever had, and we got back on track and went on to an 8-2 season, but got put out in the first round of the playoffs. My senior we also didn't do well in the scrimmages, but came out and went 8-2 in the season, and finished 10-3 in the playoffs against Milan in OT. It's hard to determine things off of scrimmages. The '07-'08 Vikings played very well in the scrimmages and jamorbee, but went 4-6......You never know!

Coach Bland better get it in gear and start showing those kids how to block and tackle. Arm tackling won't get it bub i am darn near sixty and u couldn't bring me down like that! Cause if they don't they will be in for a long season! I hope they do i wan't to c them have a good year! I wasn't trying to po anyone just stating facts. Good luck and have a good year! :ugeek: