How will Pickett County girls do this season?

Well its not that hard to figure out but since you're having a little trouble let me help you out. Two of the teams in this district have won the last two gold balls and have the MVP of the state tournament returning on both teams along with great supporting casts! Clay County took 2/3 including the consolation game that put PC in fouth place coming out of the district tournament. Clay brings back everyone but one player and they are loaded with talent in the freshman and sophomore age groups! JC would have gotten beaten by a good middle school team the night PC beat them. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were standing next to it. Clay Co. or PC or Monterey would all have beaten them on that ONE night. We have all seen teams have those kind of nights. PC did what they had to do and did a great job. but saying they are going to beat JC girls again is like saying JC's boys are going to go back to the state tourney. It just don't happen people, well once every 35 years and thats about how often PC is gonna beat JC once every 35 years.

Clay does not bring everyone back but one player, they lost three very good players but I will say Clay will be right up there with the rest

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its not that hard to figure out but since you're having a little trouble let me help you out. Two of the teams in this district have won the last two gold balls and have the MVP of the state tournament returning on both teams along with great supporting casts!

Facts a little off. MVP for Single A for 2008-2009 was Tasha Phillips of Clarkrange. She graduated and will

be playing for Carson-Newman.

Facts a little off. MVP for Single A for 2008-2009 was Tasha Phillips of Clarkrange. She graduated and will

be playing for Carson-Newman.

Oh you misunderstood me the TRUE MVP was Molly Heady not Tasha Phillips and she is returning for her senior year. Molly was and is the best player on that team no matte what any of the Crange faithful want to believe. They don't go undefeated or win a state championship without her.

as long as the girls do not lose their focus OR get discouraged by loses to out of district teams like they did time to time last year, they SHOULD finish no worse than tied for 2nd in the district i'll call it like this:

1) Clarkrange

2) PCHS

3) JCHS

4) CCHS

5) Monterey

do not be surprised if PC defeats JC once if not twice this year and plays Clarkrange VERY tight.

N.J.

But they DIDN'T lose to out of 7A teams, except to LA & York. Otherwise they beat every single A team they played outside of 7A.

Well its not that hard to figure out but since you're having a little trouble let me help you out. Two of the teams in this district have won the last two gold balls and have the MVP of the state tournament returning on both teams along with great supporting casts! Clay County took 2/3 including the consolation game that put PC in fouth place coming out of the district tournament. Clay brings back everyone but one player and they are loaded with talent in the freshman and sophomore age groups! JC would have gotten beaten by a good middle school team the night PC beat them. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were standing next to it. Clay Co. or PC or Monterey would all have beaten them on that ONE night. We have all seen teams have those kind of nights. PC did what they had to do and did a great job. but saying they are going to beat JC girls again is like saying JC's boys are going to go back to the state tourney. It just don't happen people, well once every 35 years and thats about how often PC is gonna beat JC once every 35 years.

In those 35 years you are talking about Pickett Co. won 5 Gold Balls including the 1st school ever to win 4 in a row, while Jackson co. was one of the weakest in the state! Your nonsense certainly will fire the girls up ythis season...plus after our girls took care of JC (which folded once the RBS player cooled off...since she's all they had) they went to Chattanooga in the substate and beat a team which had won 22 or so games in a row and had lost just 2 all year. Dream on JC fan.

Clarkrange is always tough and will definitely contend for top spot. JC will be another contender, and having beat Pickett by landslides in regular season and being upset in region by same team will make them more aware upsets can and will happen. However this ought to be reason enough to get ready for that team this year, PC knows they did and could motivate them, JC will have something to prove so lets sit back and watch play begin. My money is on the lady blue devils every time with PC . C'larkrange and JC will again play for the district championship with the other three playing for the 3rd and 4th place to go to region. Monterey may be more improved than many think.

In those 35 years you are talking about Pickett Co. won 5 Gold Balls including the 1st school ever to win 4 in a row, while Jackson co. was one of the weakest in the state! Your nonsense certainly will fire the girls up ythis season...plus after our girls took care of JC (which folded once the RBS player cooled off...since she's all they had) they went to Chattanooga in the substate and beat a team which had won 22 or so games in a row and had lost just 2 all year. Dream on JC fan.

if its takes a message board posting to get you fired up then you've lost already! And yeah i noticed the weak attempt at slighting our team by pointing out where Laken is from and you're right she did cool off. The Monterey player didn't though and that was the difference in the season. Your transfers from Clinton Co. didn't do too bad though and yeah i know they are from Clinton Co so don't even start with the part about them being there since middle school. Can't wait to come to that dump you call a gym and wax you off your home floor AGAIN!!!!

Please tell me the JC-PC record in the 90's, that would include the past 35 years, right?

There isn't much of a record to go on. If you go back 10 years PC wouldn't play us because we were obviously far superior to them winning 4 gold balls in a row in AA and winning the silver in 99 as well as another sillver during that span so all you can go on is what has happened the past 4 years and PC has won a grand total of ONE game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> All the rest have been blowouts for the most part a couple of 40-50 point blow outs that could have been much worse. PC isn't a bad team but you guys get on here and think you're going to beat us because you won one game over the past several years? You don't think our girls won't be motivated to beat the team that kept them from playing for another state championship? think again!