LEBANON

Guest UNOIT

Posted by LHS98:

Once again the Blue Devils kill themselves and allow a team of less caliber beat them. Lebanon clearly had more athletes than Cookeville BUT if you can't keep them on the field because of turnovers then your bound to lose every time. Lebanon has got to find a way to stop the running game of our opponents or it will be a long season.Hang in there Devils and come out fighting Friday against Oakland. (Lebanon has beat Oakland the last 2 yrs.!)

Cookeville played a good game for 4 quarters!! Lebannon may have better athletes but when you have 11 helments going to the carrier then it is hard for your "athletes" to get anywhere. The Cookeville lineman did their job last night with blocking lebanon's unexpierenced line last night

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CavalierPride

I have been following Head Coach Jerry Joslin ever since his days at Gallatin and when he left Gallatin...so did i and now im Cookeville's #1 Fan. I have never missed a regular season game for the past 6 years and dont plan on it!

But it makes me sick when i read post like "Cookeville has no tallent" and so on. That is completely insane. Cookeville showed lastnight that if they come together as one and play as a TEAM then they are unstoppable.

I attended the game lastnight and to be quite honest...there wasnt a stand out on the field. Every player on Cookeville played outstanding in my book.

The Defense shutting out The Blue Devils was huge. That was just what the Defense neeeded. There is nothing more rewarding to a group of guys then a shut out...congratulations.

The Offense started rolling at the start at scoring 28 points against a Lebanon team is nothing but impressive. The backs ran hard and the line block hard also. Great job guys!

This week is the Warren County game and i hope coach Joslin gets the guys prepared like he did this past week.

Go Cavalier Pride!!

THIS POST FOR LHS98. I AM SORRY, BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY DID NOT WATCH THE SAME GAME I DID. TRUE, LEBANON HAS MORE "ATHLETES", BUT CERTAINLY NOT BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYERS. COOKEVILLE WAS BIGGER, BETTER, SMARTER, AND TOUGHER. A PART OF BEING SMART AND TOUGH IS HANGING ON TO THE FOOTBALL AND CRAMMING IT DOWN YOUR OPPONENTS THROATS. LEBANON IS ATHLETIC, AND FROM WHAT I CAN SEE, WELL COACHED. BUT I THOUGHT THEY GOT HIT IN THE MOUTH AND QUIT.

Guest CavalierPride
Posted by ENE:

THIS POST FOR LHS98. I AM SORRY, BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY DID NOT WATCH THE SAME GAME I DID. TRUE, LEBANON HAS MORE "ATHLETES", BUT CERTAINLY NOT BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYERS. COOKEVILLE WAS BIGGER, BETTER, SMARTER, AND TOUGHER. A PART OF BEING SMART AND TOUGH IS HANGING ON TO THE FOOTBALL AND CRAMMING IT DOWN YOUR OPPONENTS THROATS. LEBANON IS ATHLETIC, AND FROM WHAT I CAN SEE, WELL COACHED. BUT I THOUGHT THEY GOT HIT IN THE MOUTH AND QUIT.

Couldnt have said it any better myself...You da man Jerry Joslin. Gallatin misses you but Cookeville is blessed to have you.

Guest region4fan

If my memory is correct isn't this the first time that Cookeville has beaten Lebanon since Joslin has been at the helm? I know that they have had some close games between them. Congrats Cookeville. Do not let anyone take away from the fact that you won this game.You had to have been working together casue 28-0 is a great win. What do you think of Lebanon's new offense?Oakland plays them next week at theri place. Where was your game played?

Jerry Joslin was FIRED because of rubbing many people the wrong way. This cost the program money from ticket buyers and boosters. I have not agreed with many hirings and firings of the GHS principal, but I believe that this decision to fire Joslin and hire Lassiter was a great move. Kids that would not have played for Joslin because of his "Football only, NO other sport" mentality, now play and play well for Lassiter and his staff.