I KNOW ITS EARLY....

Really? Beating SP in the past doesn't seem to have dampened any past seasons, but we know beating Marion did yours last year. Its hard to play your best game first and play 12 more and never match that intensity again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

SP did not play good against Jasper the first game of the season. To many mistakes in that game..The game against Tyner was by far the best those SP boys played all year.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Beating SP in the past doesn't seem to have dampened any past seasons, but we know beating Marion did yours last year. Its hard to play your best game first and play 12 more and never match that intensity again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Truth is that the above statement was probably true..........Was there a game that sp played better pirate fans? As far as thinking marion's season will be over, Yall had coach boeck for five or six years and know that he wont let something like that get to their heads. The seniors also wont let this happen as this marion team should have great senior leadership. Sp will still be tough with all the athletes they have every year, they should win the state every year. They are a lot like Tyner in that respect, have a ton of athletes to win the gold ball every year, but something else is missing.........................That being said, SP should walk in 1A, since there is no one left down there, call it the South pitt rule. Marion will be about the same as last year, maybe not early, but by the end of the year they should be comparable or a little better. Seq should be a little better with another year under coach barger. That is really the only three schools worth talking about right now.

Wobble, Wobble, Wobble. These two men of the gridiron are convinced that these statements are true. I have seen Tyner play many times. Tyner ALWAYS has more athletes than South Pittsburg. Howard & Brainerd also have more. Saying S.P has the most athletes in the area is a MYTH. The two best athletes in the valley last year were from S.P (Jones) and Marion (Muir). I think too many people are confused about the ethnicity of an athlete. Athletes can be white, black, mexican or hispanic. South Pittsburg had about 5 turnovers against Marion last season, so they did have better games. John, doesn't Marion County play harder against South Pitt than alot of other teams? It is typical for two rivals to have a little more intensity playing against each other than they would if they were playing a "Crap Bird" team. Bill, you should be ashamed of yourself taking shots at Coach Vic like you do. Coach Vic is a good coach just like Coach Boeck. Remember another thing, if a team has some good athletes and some good football players, they are usually successful.

Wobble, Wobble, Wobble. These two men of the gridiron are convinced that these statements are true. I have seen Tyner play many times. Tyner ALWAYS has more athletes than South Pittsburg. Howard & Brainerd also have more. Saying S.P has the most athletes in the area is a MYTH. The two best athletes in the valley last year were from S.P (Jones) and Marion (Muir). I think too many people are confused about the ethnicity of an athlete. Athletes can be white, black, mexican or hispanic. South Pittsburg had about 5 turnovers against Marion last season, so they did have better games. John, doesn't Marion County play harder against South Pitt than alot of other teams? It is typical for two rivals to have a little more intensity playing against each other than they would if they were playing a "Crap Bird" team. Bill, you should be ashamed of yourself taking shots at Coach Vic like you do. Coach Vic is a good coach just like Coach Boeck. Remember another thing, if a team has some good athletes and some good football players, they are usually successful.

Yes Marion does play with more intensity against SP than any other team and to think any different is asinine. And the same goes for SP in that regard. I never said they didn't and would hope that common sense would make certain people realize that but unfortunately it doesn't... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

SP did not play good against Jasper the first game of the season. To many mistakes in that game..The game against Tyner was by far the best those SP boys played all year.

You should change it to didn't play good offensively, because defensively they played lights out... And they also had a few turnovers against Tyner too...

. . .Tyner ALWAYS has more athletes than South Pittsburg. Howard & Brainerd also have more. Saying S.P has the most athletes in the area is a MYTH. The two best athletes in the valley last year were from S.P (Jones) and Marion (Muir). . . .

I would hope schools with 2.5x to 4x the number of students have more athletes than the 7th smallest public school that fields a football team. I remember when City dropped down to A into the Pirates district for a couple of years and thought they were going to cake walk. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Sp will still be tough with all the athletes they have every year, they should win the state every year. They are a lot like Tyner in that respect, have a ton of athletes to win the gold ball every year, but something else is missing.........................

So what your saying dummy is that Tyner should have beaten Alcoa the last 8 years? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wow, really?? Seems marion beat tyner also and out gained them by quite a bit.............. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Are you implying that maybe Marion and SP were closer than the score indicated last year??

When did I take a shot at 'coach Vic'?? I don't see it

I would hope schools with 2.5x to 4x the number of students have more athletes than the 7th smallest public school that fields a football team. I remember when City dropped down to A into the Pirates district for a couple of years and thought they were going to cake walk. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> We all know about this now....................SP might as well be a private school...........

Truth is that they probably have more athletes than Alcoa, but the difference is that Alcoa's are well diciplined and well coached.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> TTP, Old Pirate says the more you post the more OP is convinced you were a recent victom of a skillet attack. Your post #20 referrences the fact that TTP has not talked negative bout coach Vic. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Then you follow up posting this junk bout SP players not being as diciplined and coached as well. Not to mention the mis-quote about the # of athletes. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OP believes coach Boeck would be the ONLY purple wearing feller that could respond truthfully. OP is sure what his response would be!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> We all know about this now....................SP might as well be a private school...........

The say the same thing about Alcoa. Plus, how many fence jumpers were there in the 80s & 90s for Jasper?