kingston yellow jackets 2009

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wont be able 2 make it tuesday,gotta work,uggh,ram fan let me know how things go.

...At the scrimmage on yesterday...I didn't care for the format...each team had ten(10) offensive plays...the "Rams" looked ok...final score: 2-0

...#15 for Kingston was tall(wr)...the JV played on the practice field...don't know what the score was in that one!!!

...See you on the 14th.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks 4 comment,im glad kingston plays loudon again,but ill be the 1st to say kingston football isnt what it used 2 be,we used 2 have 100 plus kids out,and no freshmen,now we got like 60 or 70 with freshmen,alot of it is the coaches,they dont do anything for the kids,dont recruit kids in the school 2 play,dont get em any college exposure,they dont make the kids run much,or hit the weight room hard at all,kingston has changed totally,the kids still play with pride,thats good,but u cant run the ball every play like u used 2,dont have the 300 pound strong lineman,or big fast rbs,they play both ways also,if kingston had a whole different staff they would be awsome,talent is there,i cant beleive they didnt hire scott meadows a few years bk before he went to william blount,he wanted the job,but no 1 will fire the coaches cause they been there 23 years,its like a poison,it worked back in the day,but not in this day and time,kingston would be one of the most attractive coaching jobs in the state,i hope it happens soon.

I agree Kingston Football is not what it use to be but thats is not all the coaches fault, its easy to judge outside looking in. As far as I know they still have some of the coaches there as they did when u played. As far as talent I can count maybe 7 or 8 kids that have gotten offers from D-1 schools or DII-AA in the last 15 years and that is county wide, as far as hiring scott meadows maybe they didnt want a coach to quit after a few years like meadows does, he is not a program builder more like a talent chaser. I am a kingston alumni and a fan but when i played there from 88-92 we were 40-0 regular season and we had a lot of talent, not that kind of talent there these days, there are no kevin mays, brian pankeys, aaron roberts, ryan kings or carl witherspoons there right now. And as far as weight room they had 8 guys that could bench 300pds or more last year not to bad for a program that dont work out much.