Blackman High School coaching opportunity

Hamm

that is what I expected from you......are you related to Bill Clinton? depends on the meaning of "applied for the job".

you are playing the nuances of the english language. you are not fooling anyone with your non answer and spin on an absolute answer. there are no variable in the question at all. I won a bet that you would not be able to respond with a simple answer....so I thank you for that! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I won't stand for being called Bill Clinton... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> so... The simple answer is... I was asked to apply for the job and I turned it down. Now... Am I off this stinking hook? This is fun tex

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't stand for being called Bill Clinton... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> so... The simple answer is... I was asked to apply for the job and I turned it down. Now... Am I off this stinking hook? This is fun tex

I do not blame you for not wanting to be associated with Bill Clinton....and you were never on the hook. But I did know my information was better than you were trying to make it look,,,,the nuances of the English Language....LOL......

and it was fun,,,,you are a good sport.

I do not blame you for not wanting to be associated with Bill Clinton....and you were never on the hook. But I did know my information was better than you were trying to make it look,,,,the nuances of the English Language....LOL......

and it was fun,,,,you are a good sport.

There was just certain parts I want to keep very quiet. And you were off a little on the way you were painting the picture.

That's not close to being accurate....

So tell me where I was wrong coach G... I see you will take up for the administration and say they are doing all they can since you /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> were offered the job. Please explain to all what they have done so great (besides hiring a soccer coach who knows nothing about wrestling) in this process in searching for a coach. And dont say they had other positions open. Yes they did have other positions they were not for wrestling though. They hired football coaches, great move for wrestling!!! but understandable bc that is the way our society works. I am asking for answers so please leave all the blah blah out and explain why I was wrong in what I said.

Now that Tex and Temp are done playing. Does anyone have any info on a Coach that would be interested? Thanks for the condolences HSDAD. I know you've been in our situation.Why schools bother putting a figure head coach in place just because they are a faculty member is beyond me. Just name Hamm the head coach and let him fill his staff with coachs that want to coach wrestling and that would benefit the program. Get the asst. coachs approved by the school board. Do background checks or what ever it takes. Just don't put someone in a position solely because they are a teacher. Hamm my suggestion would be to go to some out of state wrestling sites and post the need for a head coach along with posting it on Flowrestling,AAU, and USA wrestling sites.Contact some college coachs you know and see if they have any recent graduates that could fill the teaching position.It may be too late for this year but plenty of talent will be back next.

Its not the Head coaching position no one wants. Its the higher ups not giving wrestling a teaching position other than an English position.

This is what I commented on.. Fact... They had spoke to several other candidates... I was asked to talk with them... I never applied... I see too many problems brewing over there. And what do you know about me ?

You guys need to understand that Rutherford county pays every wrestling coach the same amount... Win or lose... They make 2100 a year! Now, how do you get a coach from a college or a national level with that kind of fantastic draw. As far as the assistants go.... There is a Rutherford County policy that states that a wrestling coach may only have ONE non faculty assistant coach. Now... since none of you are employed by the Rutherford County Board of Education, it would be easy for you to ignore this rule. However, when a principal is instructed to enforce this rule, the teacher who is employed by the county needs to follow that rule. If you want that rule to change, don't talk to the principal, talk to the board of education.... You guys might want to go to one of the meetings and voice your opinion. That would be a good stage.

I've stated my opinion .... And I do hope for your boys you guys get what you want... You have a great group of boys and they deserve the best.

College/National level /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Were talking about High School wrestling/how about someone that knows wrestling...There are plenty of good high school coaches that have never coached college or at the national level. I mean were talking about Blackman not a Father Ryan, Mccallie, or Baylor.

Speaking and offering the job is totally different. Since people were interviewed for the job why is a soccer coach getting it?

I know you cannot answer a question that is directly asked to you! Those coaches did not get the job because there was nothing being offered that anyone could teach! I know I talked to the AD about what was going on. They have a 2100 payment in place because of the kind of decisions that are being made.

What are the problems brewing over there you speak of? I guess this will take another 5 pages to get this out...

Is it one person? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Is it the administration you support

Why should no one want to take that job for the reason you didnt

College/National level /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Were talking about High School wrestling/how about someone that knows wrestling...There are plenty of good high school coaches that have never coached college or at the national level. I mean were talking about Blackman not a Father Ryan, Mccallie, or Baylor.

Speaking and offering the job is totally different. Since people were interviewed for the job why is a soccer coach getting it?

I know you cannot answer a question that is directly asked to you! Those coaches did not get the job because there was nothing being offered that anyone could teach! I know I talked to the AD about what was going on. They have a 2100 payment in place because of the kind of decisions that are being made.

What are the problems brewing over there you speak of? I guess this will take another 5 pages to get this out...

Is it one person? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

FROM SHOOTFIRST...

Just curious to hear some names of coach's that could fill the position. Serious suggestions would help. I think a young motivated coach that was big on discipline and conditioning is what's needed to push Blackman to the next level. Ideally someone with coaching experience at the college level or from a state like PA,OH,IN,MI,OK,IA would be great. Maybe Pat Smith could give us a few suggestions when he comes to the Sharpshooter Camp.

doesn't sound so funny when I read this...

I must admit that I am very disappointed in what this thread has turned into. I posted on here to find out what was going on over at Blackman and to see why the old coach from Smyrna didn't get the job. I am an outsider and still learning what goes on around Tennessee. However, I have learned something by reading this thread. There are some passionate folks from Blackman who care about this team. I still haven't learned if the parents are ok with the soccer coach taking over the program. I have never seen a soccer coach who knew anything about wrestling. I guess this will be a first. Probably the biggest thing I have learned is that Coach Gonyea can't answer a dang question. He seems to like to play games on here. I don't know why. When I asked my original question, he could have answered the questions and stop all this foolishness. I am very disappointed. Good luck to Blackman next season.

Why would someone with the Rutherford County Board of Education not call Father Ryan, Baylor or McCallie to find a good high school wrestling coach? It sounds like the RCBE could care less if Blackman has a strong wrestling program.