Blackman High School coaching opportunity

Hamm

Well that was kinda low, if the door belongs to you, please open it, if not don't bother coming in. And great things happen in three's you know God rose on the 3rd day. And Mr Smith is a wrestling God, I think we all can agree to that. Just be happy for us here, and by all means try to transfer your kids to Blackman. Thats if they could start. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It is not low at all. It seems to be a fact and I said people deserve a second chance. Heck, I have had a dui myself and I can speak to it personally that it can screw up a job hunt.

So , can only starters come to blackman if this happens? or is it just my kids that can not come there unless they are starters? LOL.....

you read only the negative......but thanks for throwing the god reference to make you wrestling point.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't think he would be the top coach in the state then who. He would be the best coach in the southern U.S. hands down. I think it would be far to say, one of the best High School coaches in Nation. Wristbar you should not be drinking /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> so much and just read a little of what he has done.

You misunderstand what a good coach is. Did the guy have a stellar collegiate career? Yes. However, Connell, Simpson, Logsdon, Henry, and Jordan all have coached the state champions to put themselves in a league apart from anyone including Pat Smith if he were to come coach in TN.

You misunderstand what a good coach is. Did the guy have a stellar collegiate career? Yes. However, Connell, Simpson, Logsdon, Henry, and Jordan all have coached the state champions to put themselves in a league apart from anyone including Pat Smith if he were to come coach in TN.

Im with you on this point wristbar. Could add Jim Morgan to that list as well.

Don't forget about Jim Morgan (Baylor) who has won 14 state titles & did very well at the NCAA D1 level for the University of Tennessee @ Chattanooga.

It is not low at all. It seems to be a fact and I said people deserve a second chance. Heck, I have had a dui myself and I can speak to it personally that it can screw up a job hunt.

So , can only starters come to blackman if this happens? or is it just my kids that can not come there unless they are starters? LOL.....

you read only the negative......but thanks for throwing the god reference to make you wrestling point.

No sir you misunderstood me, or maybe I did you. But we would love all kids to come to Blackman. I only meant there is only one who can start per weight. Sorry for the mix up. And now about the other coaches in the state, they are great coaches. But come on Mr Smith in Tennessee hands down is the greatest thing that could happen to wrestling in Tennessee.(And moving the State tournament to Nashville would come in second) If he does coach Blackman he will have 1 or maybe more state champs his first year. The Kennedy boy will win next year, I heard he is working very hard and he is making everyone better he works with. I think I can even coach him to a gold and I am just an Old Blackman Dad!!!!

I hear the next coach is coming from Hixson...

True. He or Pat will light a fire for sure. Pat just doesn't have the hair color. In all reality, I've seen this fire since 1972 this fine fellow under the intense training of many Chattanooga area great ones.

Side note: Gonyea would have done fine with these Blackman boys, and given the strength/talent level of all teams collectively last season, his 2001-03 teams would have matched up well with any D-1 or D-2 teams.. IMHO.