TN National Duals Team

PUMMELKING

will there be a middle school team this year? if so who is the coach, or will it be some daddy again like last years iowa team.

Any middle school team coached by "some daddy" was not a TWF / USAW sponsored team last year. That would have been the AAU team that went to Iowa but you were typically getting better coaching than "some daddy".

TWF is not sponsoring a Schoolboy Duals team this year as the early signs showed there wasn't enough interest to form a team, a significant disappointment from many views.

will there be a middle school team this year? if so who is the coach, or will it be some daddy again like last years iowa team.

Mandingo, I don't think that team needed a COACH. I may have missed someone but on my count, that Team produced 10 STATE PLACERS, 1 of which was a state champ, 2 other finalists and our COACHES son who most agree would have placed if not for being injured early in the year, and was unable to compete the rest of the season. I'll go out on a limb and will say the state of TENNESSEE has never put this much wrestling talent for a schoolboy TEAM on the mat for an out of state tournament and i highly doubt they will again. I get what your saying about the daddy thing but that was not the TEAM to apply those standards too.

Brian Henry /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Mandingo, I don't think that team needed a COACH. I may have missed someone but on my count, that Team produced 10 STATE PLACERS, 1 of which was a state champ, 2 other finalists and our COACHES son who most agree would have placed if not for being injured early in the year, and was unable to compete the rest of the season. I'll go out on a limb and will say the state of TENNESSEE has never put this much wrestling talent for a schoolboy TEAM on the mat for an out of state tournament and i highly doubt they will again. I get what your saying about the daddy thing but that was not the TEAM to apply those standards too.

Brian Henry /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

looks like my 2nd post was a little off. i did not realize that the team was so good or maybe i was thinking of another team. sorry for the bad info mr henry.

looks like my 2nd post was a little off. i did not realize that the team was so good or maybe i was thinking of another team. sorry for the bad info mr henry.

Its okay my man, I did miss one other state champ, Zach Watson with Campbell Lewis being the other champion. I understand the point you were getting at because I've had problems in the past with some of our Teams that are put together. I think my oldest son "Jonathan Taylor" has been on one Team Tennessee, won the spot on another through tournament Qualifier and was told he wasn't needed, I don't think its hurt his wrestling one bit, just his dancing maybe?