Powell Panthers in 2009

osunut2

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's try and pick up where we left off in the previous thread, excluding the meaningless drivel. I'm still curious to know about tailback DeShawn Mobley. Is he going to play this season?

I've heard that Powell might get a high quality WR/DB transfer from AE. What's the scoop?

Let's try and pick up where we left off in the previous thread, excluding the meaningless drivel. I'm still curious to know about tailback DeShawn Mobley. Is he going to play this season?

I dont know about their transfer...but I heard Mobley was ineligible and then heard a week later that he was eligible and had done well this year on grades...so those two statements are totally opposite...also I think Powell will e really young at QB and on the OL which is not a good mix...but could have a few good TBs that might help lighten the load...and they will probably be young on defense in spots but that will be their strong point is Defense...tough region but good football...it is shaping up for a good year!!!

I dont know about their transfer...but I heard Mobley was ineligible and then heard a week later that he was eligible and had done well this year on grades...so those two statements are totally opposite...also I think Powell will e really young at QB and on the OL which is not a good mix...but could have a few good TBs that might help lighten the load...and they will probably be young on defense in spots but that will be their strong point is Defense...tough region but good football...it is shaping up for a good year!!!

Watched Kier Houston some last year. Good athlete. I'm sure he'll be hard to replace. Did he sign to play football anywhere? Good Luck this season, except when you play AC, of course.

I have heard that DeShawn was going to be able to play. Would any of our D-line help on the O-line?

Clinton, Clinton, Clinton... all the talk about them reminds me of the pre- Obama democratic party.

I have heard that DeShawn was going to be able to play. Would any of our D-line help on the O-line?

Clinton, Clinton, Clinton... all the talk about them reminds me of the pre- Obama democratic party.

Clinton is set up to fail...but Powell will have the Hodge kid to ply QB and I dont know if they will play anybody both ways or if they have moved anyone from DL to OL and Powell will struggle early like I think alot of the Teams in the region...and how good are Powells WRs gonna be? The Clinton thing will be tested right out of the gate with plaing Halls...lets keep the thread about Powell though and any for sure info on Mobley

Clinton is set up to fail...but Powell will have the Hodge kid to ply QB and I dont know if they will play anybody both ways or if they have moved anyone from DL to OL and Powell will struggle early like I think alot of the Teams in the region...and how good are Powells WRs gonna be? The Clinton thing will be tested right out of the gate with plaing Halls...lets keep the thread about Powell though and any for sure info on Mobley

I have to agree about. Clinton there's a lot hype......they have a lot of studs but it can't get to their heads and I'm a clinton fan.....as for powell I think they will be fine they always have a good group of kids

I have to agree about. Clinton there's a lot hype......they have a lot of studs but it can't get to their heads and I'm a clinton fan.....as for powell I think they will be fine they always have a good group of kids

In the past 7 or 8 years, I can't tell you how many times Powell's great expectations got the best of them. It is very difficult for teenagers to meet those expectations, especially when you are "the hunted." Clinton has the same question marks that Powell had a few years ago under Larry Stevens, and I wonder how the Dragons will respond. Depth was a huge issue for the Dragons last year (just like those pre-Matt Lowe Panthers), and I have to think that it will be a big factor again this season. That said, I still think that with Clinton's star power, they are the team to beat in this region.

As far as Powell is concerned, I'm curious to see how their offensive and defensive line play works out this season. Kier Houston made up for a lot of the mediocre line play last year, and I wonder how the line will perform without him this season. The two-platoon system will be in full effect once again, and that will definitely help. I'm not a fan of using those "big-uglies" on both sides of the ball, and Matt Lowe's system has proven that a two-platoon system (in high school) will wear down your opponents. Last year's Clinton-Powell game is a sterling example of that.

On another note, how is the new stadium coming along? Does anyone have any information on how it will look?

In the past 7 or 8 years, I can't tell you how many times Powell's great expectations got the best of them. It is very difficult for teenagers to meet those expectations, especially when you are "the hunted." Clinton has the same question marks that Powell had a few years ago under Larry Stevens, and I wonder how the Dragons will respond. Depth was a huge issue for the Dragons last year (just like those pre-Matt Lowe Panthers), and I have to think that it will be a big factor again this season. That said, I still think that with Clinton's star power, they are the team to beat in this region.

As far as Powell is concerned, I'm curious to see how their offensive and defensive line play works out this season. Kier Houston made up for a lot of the mediocre line play last year, and I wonder how the line will perform without him this season. The two-platoon system will be in full effect once again, and that will definitely help. I'm not a fan of using those "big-uglies" on both sides of the ball, and Matt Lowe's system has proven that a two-platoon system (in high school) will wear down your opponents. Last year's Clinton-Powell game is a sterling example of that.

On another note, how is the new stadium coming along? Does anyone have any information on how it will look?

I agree with the Expectations...and I think Clinton will have a hard time living up to them...they are very suspect on the OL and on defense...but I think they will be right there to win the region(barring no injuries)...and Powell will be good as the year goes but I think they may have a rough start...along with the rest of the region...and I think Halls has the most problems with depth and will struggle and Clinton will probably exploit them first game of the year!!! And no info about Mobley osunut1...have heard several things.

I agree with the Expectations...and I think Clinton will have a hard time living up to them...they are very suspect on the OL and on defense...but I think they will be right there to win the region(barring no injuries)...and Powell will be good as the year goes but I think they may have a rough start...along with the rest of the region...and I think Halls has the most problems with depth and will struggle and Clinton will probably exploit them first game of the year!!! And no info about Mobley osunut1...have heard several things.

I think the one thing that might help Clinton, is everyone else in the district is down a little from where they usually are. But then again, anything can happen! Clinton probably has the most experience and talent coming back, but with a tough schedule, might be beat up a little by the end of the season and some other team like Powell or Central take over the #1 spot. I think with Powell's defense, they have as good a shot as anybody to win the district this year! Good luck to all teams! This is probably going to be the most exciting year in a while!

I think the one thing that might help Clinton, is everyone else in the district is down a little from where they usually are. But then again, anything can happen! Clinton probably has the most experience and talent coming back, but with a tough schedule, might be beat up a little by the end of the season and some other team like Powell or Central take over the #1 spot. I think with Powell's defense, they have as good a shot as anybody to win the district this year! Good luck to all teams! This is probably going to be the most exciting year in a while!

the thing with powell is that they always seem to have somebody that can make plays...i agree with you on clinton being beat up at the end of the year but they got some tough boys on that team....i really think they will be alot better off playing these tougher teams like DB at the beginning of the year so they wont think they cant be beat and know that they have to play each game as hard as they can.....its gonna be a exciting year for powell, clinton and the rest of the region....who are powells play makers this year....someone will have you feel the QB slot and make some plays