Preseason 1A rankings

OldGold70

south pitt.

jo byrns

wayne county

and getting wooped up on by top ranked teams doesnt make you a top ranked team...

playing nothing but small ball all year doesnt make anyone better either /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally...................You finally get it...............Well, there are a couple of teams that they wont mercy rule. One thing is for sure though, they will no doubt have more athletes than anyone else on the field, which should equate to winning it all.................but we know sometimes that doesn't happen with talented teams like last year /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

YEP....TTP, KL stopped by the weight room early last week. You should see those lineman we got. Everyone of them are about 6'5 290, benching over 400 and running 4.6 forty's. The backs looked good too. All of them were running 4.3 forty's. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The slowest person on the team was a 4.8 forty. Don't know how many college prospects will be standing on the sideline this year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

KL would also like TTP to please define an "ATHLETE".

Old Pirate says coach Vic's record speaks for itself. Darn pretty good coach in most folks minds. Granted great talent/players make coaches look good, but good coaches make good/great talent look good also. SP has been a rather disaplined team thru coach Vics tenure but could always improve. OP respects coach Vic as well as all coaches who get paid very little to spend time with them youngons. Point here is.........it takes dedicated coaches, dedicated players and community support to be successful. Take 1 away and failure is round the corner.

As an old timer OP really don't have much insight to team schemes and scouting, nor does the rail birds or the standard fan. Jest way too many folks that think they know more than they do.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> True, but a team with as much talent as the pirates have, should have several more gold balls in that trophy case /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

YEP....TTP, KL stopped by the weight room early last week. You should see those lineman we got. Everyone of them are about 6'5 290, benching over 400 and running 4.6 forty's. The backs looked good too. All of them were running 4.3 forty's. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The slowest person on the team was a 4.8 forty. Don't know how many college prospects will be standing on the sideline this year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

KL would also like TTP to please define an "ATHLETE".

Yeah, that is what some of the folks said last year about the pirates also, namely Zonepirate. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> To me, an athlete is a person who plays the game with ease, who doesn't have to be as fundamentally sound as people who aren't as gifted, can make up for bad fundamentals with their athleticism, speed or power. That is a short definition of athlete for me.

Well SP might have all these athletes coming back and they may be D1 prospects and all this but let me tell you what those Huntingdon Mustangs have coming back. First of all let me remind you of Kennon Holder. He sort of made a name for himself last season by running for 503 yards in one game. Behind the offensive line which is returning everyone but 2. The defense this season is returning 8 starters. So thats a pretty big deal as well. But the most important thing Huntingdon is returning this season is Pride. This team wants to win. Coaches say they work as hard in the weightroom than anyone they have ever coached. During the dead period last week i saw about 10 of the guys runnin thru town. These kids want it bad and with desire and good coaching they can beat anyone. Mark my word

Ill give you sellers but Hale maybe when he is a Sr . Sellers is the next SUPERSTAR in that Little Pocket .Hale /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> you got to be kidding

Raquis is an amazing open field runner. He will be a wing. Jonathan is a fullback...a power back .....they compliment each other

Raquis is an amazing open field runner. He will be a wing. Jonathan is a fullback...a power back .....they compliment each other

Hey ZP, how is the summer workouts been? Any youngons that have stepped up in the weight room. Not hearing about progress makes OP worry a tad.

OP jest read them 2A coaches have their Top 10 and SP plays 3 of them in the regular season. Don't recon the Pirates is a dodging playing good teams. Wonder if these folks that complain can say their teams play 3 of the Top 10 in 3A? /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Hey ZP, how is the summer workouts been? Any youngons that have stepped up in the weight room. Not hearing about progress makes OP worry a tad.

OP jest read them 2A coaches have their Top 10 and SP plays 3 of them in the regular season. Don't recon the Pirates is a dodging playing good teams. Wonder if these folks that complain can say their teams play 3 of the Top 10 in 3A? /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Im going to say you show up the 1st Quarter against all of them but this Pirate team this year isnt ready next year is your year but i dont see it this year . /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> 0-3 against those teams

Well SP might have all these athletes coming back and they may be D1 prospects and all this but let me tell you what those Huntingdon Mustangs have coming back. First of all let me remind you of Kennon Holder. He sort of made a name for himself last season by running for 503 yards in one game. Behind the offensive line which is returning everyone but 2. The defense this season is returning 8 starters. So thats a pretty big deal as well. But the most important thing Huntingdon is returning this season is Pride. This team wants to win. Coaches say they work as hard in the weightroom than anyone they have ever coached. During the dead period last week i saw about 10 of the guys runnin thru town. These kids want it bad and with desire and good coaching they can beat anyone. Mark my word

First of all, I can promise you and everyone else in the valley would back me up on this statement I am sure that Mr. Kennon Holder whoever he is would not have even gotten close to 500 yards rushing against the pirates or the warriors. If you want to throw stats out there and no offense to the tigers at all cause they were just horrible last year but...If Grider would have left David Jones or anyother back play a whole game they would have eclipsed the 500 yard mark pretty easy as well, I am sure the same would be said for Boeck if Joe Muir played the whole game which I don't know if he did cause I didnt see their game....My point is a one man show will not get you far in the playoffs!