single A state championship!

pcviking23

Union City is still single A.

That just upset some folks who didn't know.....LOL.....But I completely agree, Union City took their lumps this past season, but I look for them to be right up there this year.....

treefitty..have you heard anything about the player from Fulton going to Union City..I'll just call him C.T...I look for Union City to be one of the favorites next year..If he is playing for them,,,have them as the favorite..!

Bigster, what kind of prospect is this kid from Fulton City? What level of a potential college player do you think he is? I have never seen him....I understand he is also a standout FB player to. Is that true as well?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankee...My son started Lake Co today and said Cody Taylor was in his class..Said Cody told him he plays football and basketball and had to behave because he's already been in trouble..Told my son he thought about going to Union City but his mom already lives in Lake Co. and he knew just about all of the Lake Co players...So..my posts are with a few ifs...if he can stay out of trouble..if he doesn't decide to make a move with his dad..if he goes to class and does everything he's suppose to do..if he is eligible..I'm sure they checked with the TSSAA before he enrolled in Lake Co...My son has always lived in Newbern and went to Dyer Co..The coaches there told me he wouldn't be eligible unless he moved to Lake Co..I told them I believe he was eligible because he doesn't have a sports record..I called the TSSAa about 6 days ago and was told I was right..He started with the football team today..Wasn't recruited..As a matter of fact..came home unhappy today because they put him on the offensive line..He wants to play defense and hit somebody..Told him to give it time..all those boys have already been there..all the practices..not just going to put you starting the 1st day..Anyway..would think that Cody has checked with the TSSAA also..Lake Co has Patrick Robertson back,Calius Hockett back,Rafael Tyler back,Leron Garret back..and Caleb Bledsoe,a 6'4 shooter that Coach Whitby thinks is going to be a star..Now I hear that Ricky Boyd,a sophomore this year and is going to be a football star..ran 70 yards on the first play from scrimmage the other night in a jamboree..is really looking good..may end up starting over a couple of those other players..Lake Co lost Carlos Young,Dominic Kimble and Russell Avery..Lake Co has guards galore...Now with Cody Taylor in the mix,if it does happen..will give Lake Co something the Falcons have been lacking..A big body down low that is a great rebounder and shot blocker..something Lake Co ha sbeen missing..Russel Avery wanted to stay outside and shoot...My son said he looks to be about 6'5 to 6'6 and about 240 lbs..If Cody does play ..Lake Co just went to probably the early favorite..I believe they'll be bette rthan last year..very fast players and now an inside presence..And can also put Patrick Robertson down low if they want at 6'4..Lake Co will have about 5 players i n the 6'4 to 6'5 range ...I also heard a boy moved in from Illinois..Said he looke to be a pretty good shooter..I believe his name is Devin..Plays football also..Should come off the bench in basketball though..If things go as I hope..could be a great year..!

Bigster, what kind of prospect is this kid from Fulton City? What level of a potential college player do you think he is? I have never seen him....I understand he is also a standout FB player to. Is that true as well?

Was told last night by an official at the school that he didn't have enough credits to play football and wouldnt be eligible until after Christmas

• 2 weeks later...

I think you all have forgotten about one team who could make a run at state almost made it there last year. Scotts Hill was probably the 3rd or 4th best team in single A last season only lost 2 players one being a starter. Once in region they barely lost a controversial region championship game last year to Mannassas. After losing that game they had to make the trip to Humboldt to play in the sub-state and kept it close until half way through the 3rd quarter. They had to play the top two teams in state to make it last year. This year I wouldn't count Scotts Hill out!

I think you all have forgotten about one team who could make a run at state almost made it there last year. Scotts Hill was probably the 3rd or 4th best team in single A last season only lost 2 players one being a starter. Once in region they barely lost a controversial region championship game last year to Mannassas. After losing that game they had to make the trip to Humboldt to play in the sub-state and kept it close until half way through the 3rd quarter. They had to play the top two teams in state to make it last year. This year I wouldn't count Scotts Hill out!

Probably won't know how things will shape out until the season starts to see which team has certain players..Humboldt may end up getting a couple players from Jackson..never know..Union City could end up getting players from neighboring South Fulton,Central etc..Never can tell..Lake Co has about 7 players back and all started some games plus had 6'6 Cody Taylor move back to Lake Co.Cody is a beast under the boards..Lake Co will have 4 players in the 6'4 to 6'6 range and are extremely quick.Should be better than last years team!

true true we wont know what teams will really be like until the season starts but scotts hill has 6 returning players that all played a lot 5 of them started. They have 2 or 3 guys that got a little playin time during the season that will back. I look for them to be 7 or 8 deep of really good ball players unless any injuries happen. Our 5 startes are all seniors so we will be very experienced. We have a center that is 6''5 and 3 startes that in the 6''3 6''4 range and all are built. I am looking forward to the season!! Good luck to all teams though.

Wartburg has the talent and the best coach around to be holding the gold ball in single A.Everybody talkin bout hampton winning it all but when they came 2 wartburg's team camp durin the summer Wartburg was up by 10 when they took out the main players and Wartburg was missin one of their best players also and it was their second game n a row.So if anybody from east tennessee holds the gold ball up it will b Wartburg..........

• 1 month later...