Anderson Co.

Space3

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pick would be 1997, then 95,96. What do you think? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hard up between (not exactly sure about the year) when Caleb Slover, Davey Gillum, and Daniel Berry played vs. Chad Coleman, Zeke Rogers, and Paul Longmire.

AC had a state championship team the last two years. Coach Kerr just not able to capitalize on it.

Hard up between (not exactly sure about the year) when Caleb Slover, Davey Gillum, and Daniel Berry played vs. Chad Coleman, Zeke Rogers, and Paul Longmire.

AC had a state championship team the last two years. Coach Kerr just not able to capitalize on it.

Man! this is a hard one, i agree, with both statements, but hands down the meanest and nastiness AC team hands down, was the 2002 team with Adam Coleman, Frank Phillips, John Miller, Travis Jacks,Jordan Walker and Sean Mounts, and thats just to name a few. All those teams were great, but only that team was official county champs, by embarresing oak ridge and clinton,that yr. i know that sense that game oak ridge wont play them in a full game, and by the way the jamboress have turned out, i dnt blame them! The 95-97 team did not have much of a passing game, and that 2002 team didnt allow a completion for the 1st 3 games and didnt allow a 100 yrd rusher all yr either, gillum would have had a tough night, with coleman and jacks @ Nose and DT and walker at MLB. If the 97 team and 02 team played i say 02 team 35 , 97 team 21 thats my guess. The 09 team reminds me alot of the 02 team, just not as mean, but it would be awesome to be able to seen the coleman and rogers brothers go at it, but once again football is a tough and mean game, and the 09 team , never had an idenity were the 02 team did, but no one will never forget the heart they showed @ catholic! in a close OT thriller 02 team 24 09 team 21. HOW BOUT OL' TIMERS GAME?

My pick would be 1997, then 95,96. What do you think? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

97 team was 9-1 in regular season, then had to forfeit 5 games, then got bounced by Cleveland in the 1st Round of the Playoffs.

96 team was dominant beyond all other AC teams. No other AC team has had the strength and size as that team. The whole Defensive line benched around or over 400 pounds. They snapped Clevelands 54 game win streak in a dominant manor. They got beat in the Semi Finals by Halls on a Illegal Fair Catch call that I still don't understand.

95 Team was just a year earlier of the above mentioned team got bounced by Shelbyville if my memory is correct.

2002 Team was Sean Mounts. Thats all they had, and they did their damage in AAA where the above teams did it with the big boys of Maryville, Central, and Halls (Yes Halls used to be dominant also.)

2009 Hasn't played yet so I don't know how you can say they don't have an identity yet.

I also can't remember if Davey and Daniel played together. I was thinking Daniel transfered in after Davey was finished, I might be wrong here. The memory is getting fuzzy with the years blending together.

I would have to say it would be a toss up between the 2001 and 2002 team. Even though the 2001 team made it 1 game deeper into the playoffs, the 2002 team beat Oak Ridge in Oak Ridge.

Man! this is a hard one, i agree, with both statements, but hands down the meanest and nastiness AC team hands down, was the 2002 team with Adam Coleman, Frank Phillips, John Miller, Travis Jacks,Jordan Walker and Sean Mounts, and thats just to name a few. All those teams were great, but only that team was official county champs, by embarresing oak ridge and clinton,that yr. i know that sense that game oak ridge wont play them in a full game, and by the way the jamboress have turned out, i dnt blame them! The 95-97 team did not have much of a passing game, and that 2002 team didnt allow a completion for the 1st 3 games and didnt allow a 100 yrd rusher all yr either, gillum would have had a tough night, with coleman and jacks @ Nose and DT and walker at MLB. If the 97 team and 02 team played i say 02 team 35 , 97 team 21 thats my guess. The 09 team reminds me alot of the 02 team, just not as mean, but it would be awesome to be able to seen the coleman and rogers brothers go at it, but once again football is a tough and mean game, and the 09 team , never had an idenity were the 02 team did, but no one will never forget the heart they showed @ catholic! in a close OT thriller 02 team 24 09 team 21. HOW BOUT OL' TIMERS GAME?

You're absolutely right about the 2001-2002 AC teams. Their defense was SICK! Meaner than a striped snake before daylight! Oak Ridge did bow out after that game you mentioned. And that was back in the day when OR WAS a powerhouse. AC's offense was good. Their defense was BETTER. One of the best games I've ever seen at any level of football, was the Maverick Miracle in 2001!

97 team was 9-1 in regular season, then had to forfeit 5 games, then got bounced by Cleveland in the 1st Round of the Playoffs.

96 team was dominant beyond all other AC teams. No other AC team has had the strength and size as that team. The whole Defensive line benched around or over 400 pounds. They snapped Clevelands 54 game win streak in a dominant manor. They got beat in the Semi Finals by Halls on a Illegal Fair Catch call that I still don't understand.

95 Team was just a year earlier of the above mentioned team got bounced by Shelbyville if my memory is correct.

2002 Team was Sean Mounts. Thats all they had, and they did their damage in AAA where the above teams did it with the big boys of Maryville, Central, and Halls (Yes Halls used to be dominant also.)

2009 Hasn't played yet so I don't know how you can say they don't have an identity yet.

I also can't remember if Davey and Daniel played together. I was thinking Daniel transfered in after Davey was finished, I might be wrong here. The memory is getting fuzzy with the years blending together.

You may be right about Daniel transferring in later, not exactly sure myself. Fuzzy memory blending the years must be contagious.

PUNISHER must mean the 2008 team. They did strike a resemblance to the 01-02 team, just not as mean.

You have no clue man! Sean Mounts was on the 02 team, but he was on the 03 team that was up 19 - 0 on A-E at half time and got beat by good old larry sitting on the ball and cost them a win. you could take those two teams and spot them 14 points and the 01 or 02 teams would beat them by 14 with the tallent those teams had. Need proof? Ask Fulton! Mounts sr. yr they went 9-3 so he wasnt the only one they had!

You have no clue man! Sean Mounts was on the 02 team, but he was on the 03 team that was up 19 - 0 on A-E at half time and got beat by good old larry sitting on the ball and cost them a win. you could take those two teams and spot them 14 points and the 01 or 02 teams would beat them by 14 with the tallent those teams had. Need proof? Ask Fulton! Mounts sr. yr they went 9-3 so he wasnt the only one they had!

how many OR teams they beat 95-97? ....0 I think!

how many OR teams they beat 95-97? ....0 I think!

They were not on are schedule (OR). They (OR) would not even scrimmage us! My Sr. year was in 96. We did have a passing game in 95 with Adam Wilson and Jamie Chadwell. The defence was solid with Rodney Elliott, Travis Freedman, Shawn Cross as LB are line was the strongest ever all benched around 400lbs. Why do you think Davy still holds the rushing record. They had a great DC coach in TLambert 01,02. Its a Toss up. But R Elliott held the Record in most tackles in a game with 18 1/2 3 sacks against Powell in 95 96 school year. But I beleve someone broke it in 01, or 02. I played on the O-line. But I agree it would be a great game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />