PrepXtra and KIL teams

prepxtra

I tried to submit our stats to the News Sentinel & they frankly told me that they did not want them. Our coach had submitted stats last year & the News Sentinel messed them up. He did not submit them this year, so I called the Sentinel to get a fax number to send them to after the first print of the leaders. They said it was going to take too much time to input 15+ games into the format & that they needed them game by game. I keep the stats & could have provided this, but they basically said that it would do no good.

I think this makes their list bogus since they do not have all stats, and don't accept them when offered. If you don't have a fax lap top scorebook in which to send stats immediately, they don't want them.

Just my opinion on the News Sentinel.

I tried to submit our stats to the News Sentinel & they frankly told me that they did not want them. Our coach had submitted stats last year & the News Sentinel messed them up. He did not submit them this year, so I called the Sentinel to get a fax number to send them to after the first print of the leaders. They said it was going to take too much time to input 15+ games into the format & that they needed them game by game. I keep the stats & could have provided this, but they basically said that it would do no good.

I think this makes their list bogus since they do not have all stats, and don't accept them when offered. If you don't have a fax lap top scorebook in which to send stats immediately, they don't want them.

Just my opinion on the News Sentinel.

we had the same problem at Sunbright a few years back. We tried to send in our stats in 5 game increments because of the sheer closeness of days we had games. We were told that unless we send in game by game that it wouldn't be accepted. Like what you were told, We were told that adding that many games was not possible. Their format must stink, because we had even sent a overall stat sheet along with the individual game sheets that listed all the totals for those games. Lost a lot of respect for the News Sentinel over this. And besides, this All Prep Extra team, might as well be called the All-Farragut w/some special guests Team anyway. I understand Farragut is the best team in the state by far, but by having so many of their players on this team, it takes away spots from other well-deserving players.

Farragut is that good! We know personally, but I do agree with you about the abundance of Farragut players on the team. I guess they are choosing the team based on the stats the News Sentinel has received. It really appears to be a team for the schools that have a lot of backing and means of supplying stats via a laptop. I know our coach has called scores in on the way home, but he does not have a laptop or access to a fax immediately to send game stats. The way the News Sentinel is doing makes it really hard on coaches to get their kids noticed thru their source.

Congrats to all that made it! I am not trying to take away from any of them!

Actually, I don't even remember seeing Farragut players listed in the stats section throughout the season, same with soccer... yet they still made the teams... I agree with the News Sentinel that having them sent in after each game is easier, but it just isn't always possible, so they should atleast take them every few games and just enter them in. Heck, most of the stats and scores and stuff on the prepxtra website are never updated anyways... Only the articles are what I've noticed to change... I mean I don't guess we should be too harsh, I think the KNS has 1 person doing most of this stuff, writing articles and keeping track of everything. For the most part he does a great job. Can't be easy trying to cover 50 or more teams to everybody's liking.

I see your point, but if you are going to publish PrepExtra teams for the area, it seems that you would at least want the stats for the area teams, wouldn't you think so? We had write ups in the paper also. We had 3 or 4 possible candidates for this team including a First team TBCA All State selection, but no consideration with this paper.

If the excuse is going to be used that there is only 1 person doing the job & he just can't keep up, then I would say do not publish any Prepxtra teams, just try to keep up with articles & stats.

You have to admit there were quite a few Farragut and Bearden players listed. They are all good, but there are other schools that have players deserving and mean more to their schools.

Just my thoughts.

I see your point, but if you are going to publish PrepExtra teams for the area, it seems that you would at least want the stats for the area teams, wouldn't you think so? We had write ups in the paper also. We had 3 or 4 possible candidates for this team including a First team TBCA All State selection, but no consideration with this paper.

If the excuse is going to be used that there is only 1 person doing the job & he just can't keep up, then I would say do not publish any Prepxtra teams, just try to keep up with articles & stats.

You have to admit there were quite a few Farragut and Bearden players listed. They are all good, but there are other schools that have players deserving and mean more to their schools.

Just my thoughts.

Agreed.