Marshall Co 13 - Lipscomb 16

Tigercatchr

Congrats to lipscomb for their fine play and SPORTSMANSHIP.I wish I could say the same about Marshall Co.I was embarrased by the lack of sportsmanship shown. Many times I would see a Lipscomb player helping up or patting on the back, a marshall county player after the play.Never once did I see a marshall co player show as much class as that.And for the blocks in the back.Thats all marshall county seems to ever get called on them on their punt returns and kickoffs. Seems the players haven't learned how to lay the clean block yet.:confused: All He seems to care about is looking good and making sure everyone else thinks so too.Hopefully Marshall county will be able to get their act together for next weeks game aginst Mont. Central.Congrats to the mustangs and your class act program. Complements To the coaches and all your players on a great game played.You had us scouted well!!!

[Edited by Tigercatchr on 9-13-02 10:33P]

[Edited by Tigercatchr on 9-16-02 5:26P]

I found that the administration which included the principal, the athletic director, the coaching staff, everyone who worked in the press box, even David Orr their PA guy was very polite, and very hospitable to the Lipscomb gathering at the game. Marshall County has great athletes and great speed, and perhaps for the second week in a row for the Lipscomb team, the better team may not have won. Marshall county had a number of penalities, unforced errors, wasted timeouts and yet was in the game until the end. They have a upbeat somewhat cocky pre-game attitude but that attitude appears at alot of schools The only unfavorable incident came on the last play of the game and he was probably just frustrated in how the game ended. Both teams lined up and shook hands along with the coaches. Going and playing Marshall County always makes for a interesting game. No exception with this game. Phantom pass inteference calls at the end of the first half and a several no call penalties were issued. The funny thing happend before the game even started. Officials flag Marshall County who was going to receive the opening kickoff with a delay of game--the band took too long to get off the field. 2. Marshall County on at least 8 different occassions had 12 men in their huddle and got penalized twice for it. It appears at time there was a little "Vanderbilt" confusion on their sidelines. I don't know who will be able to beat Marshall County during the regular season. They are good.

tigercatchr - man are you ever correct to say Marshall County was as unsportsmanlike as you could get, as far as some of the Tiger fans go. During the game there are some Tiger fans that stand along the Lipscomb side of the field against the fence row & when Marshall County would do something good they would trash talk & when Lipscomb would do something good they would still trash talk. After the game there were some Marshall Cty. students on Lipscomb's side trying to pick some fights with Lipscomb students. Nothing ever happened though. Marshall Cty. pregame is definately the cockiest warm up I've ever seen. There coaches even try to look pretty in how they conduct themselves. And that train horn has got to go. That is the most redneck thing I've ever heard. That guy up on the stand pulling the cord to make it sound has got to get a life. But I bet he thinks it is cool & thats okay but it is still obnoxious. Marshall County does have a talented team & should be a team to reckon with in the playoffs. Could you imagine what coach MacAdams could do with Marshall County's talent. It seems to me if Marshall County's coach would spend more time working with his team on getting better on the field & making his team more disciplined than working with his team on their pregame warmups they could be a lot better. It bet they spend 1 hour a day working on how to make their pregame warmup look pretty. Just my observation. Good Luck Mustangs against Westmoreland!

Guest MCRedneck

Matt W. has more of a career in baseball than he ever did in football! He has a right to express his opinion. Don't get me wrong Coach Mac is a good coach. And futhermore Good luck to the tigers this week at Montgomery Central.