THE Only Coaches Class 3A Preseason Poll

Guest catsvoice

Murphy's Top Five(alphabetical) which will be released in the magazine next week:

1. Alcoa

2. Austin East

3. Tyner

4. Milan

5. Westview

Check it out at murphyfair.com/polls

OK, just an observation: If Murphy's top 5 is in alphabetical order, why is Tyner ahead of Milan?

As far as Kingston is concerned, if they are not a top 10 team then CAK isn't either. Maybe I'll feel differently after week 8, but right now I expect that to be a VERY tough game for my team, played at Kingston. Yikes!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa doesn't two platoon. How many of these players actually see playing time before games are decided?

Last season they rotated two deep on lines and defense and three deep in the backfield.

Not the same as two platoon, but a lot of kids play a lot of downs. Especially early in the season because of the heat.

There were many different combinations at different times, more so on defense and the outcome was the same.

Not to mention when the young ones are in they are always going against the other teams ones. And still score.

That will be about the only difference I see for us in the new division. That our young kids may not be as successful against these bigger schools' first teams.

And Termite, All of the claims against the F5 are true, except we acually didn't invent football. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I got no dog in this hunt other than trying to keep this thread on the poll instead of an east squabble. I do have to say though that five straight titles is what it is and any attempt to downplay the significance of that achievement just sounds weak and hollow.

I do agree that the "we're so good nobody will play us" ..." we're great" "we invented football"..."we have 200 kids and 203 play football" stuff gets old. .

............and Alcoa's Chris Shiverdecker turning "the hole" into a track meet during the 2006 playoffs! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guest Termite

............and Alcoa's Chris Shiverdecker turning "the hole" into a track meet during the 2006 playoffs! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That with the team when there were 200 kids in school and just 150 played ball Even 4 girls played I think. That was right after Alcoa decided to add laces to the football, or before Alcoa decided that a touchdown was to be 6 points instead of 5....Didn't ya'll suggest moving the goal post from the middle of the end zone??

Nope, that was the year take nobody outside Blount Co. even deserved to be on the same field as Blount Co. teams...shoot nobody even deserved to have a field outside Blount Co. kind of like this year, last year, and the year before and the year before and...Come on BCfan.....ya'll know your good, most eveyone else knows ya'll are good.........ease up. If you have to argue with someone over Alcoas record and history.......it's kind of like argueing with a fool.....argue with one long enough and it becomes hard to tell which one is the fool.

I hope ya'll don't corrupt the couple of Smith Co. coaches ya'll have up there.

(Thanks P-bridge) Enjoyed having ya'll. Good people for the most part.... Was kind of looking forward to seeing ya'll again last year. Stubbed our toe on the way there..............

That with the team when there were 200 kids in school and just 150 played ball Even 4 girls played I think. That was right after Alcoa decided to add laces to the football, or before Alcoa decided that a touchdown was to be 6 points instead of 5....Didn't ya'll suggest moving the goal post from the middle of the end zone??

Nope, that was the year take nobody outside Blount Co. even deserved to be on the same field as Blount Co. teams...shoot nobody even deserved to have a field outside Blount Co. kind of like this year, last year, and the year before and the year before and...Come on BCfan.....ya'll know your good, most eveyone else knows ya'll are good.........ease up. If you have to argue with someone over Alcoas record and history.......it's kind of like argueing with a fool.....argue with one long enough and it becomes hard to tell which one is the fool.

I hope ya'll don't corrupt the couple of Smith Co. coaches ya'll have up there.

(Thanks P-bridge) Enjoyed having ya'll. Good people for the most part.... Was kind of looking forward to seeing ya'll again last year. Stubbed our toe on the way there..............

Arguing with `ol ktownjackets1998??.......nah..................more like pok'n a pile of poo with a stick. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You are too late....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hackett!!!

Last season they rotated two deep on lines and defense and three deep in the backfield.

Not the same as two platoon, but a lot of kids play a lot of downs. Especially early in the season because of the heat.

There were many different combinations at different times, more so on defense and the outcome was the same.

Not to mention when the young ones are in they are always going against the other teams ones. And still score.

That will be about the only difference I see for us in the new division. That our young kids may not be as successful against these bigger schools' first teams.

And Termite, All of the claims against the F5 are true, except we acually didn't invent football. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

.......we didnt invent football?