Memphis Prospects, unbelievable amount of BIGTIME talent

yankees8589

If Wade is going to transfer then he's taking a very long time Lol. With J3 Southwind's lineup is better suited with Walter Davis at the 4, Darrian Gray at the 3, I believe Nick at the 2, and Darious at the 1 with Montez Phifer, Denzel Hardy, Jajuan Johnson, Donovan Humphries, Darius Paige(Darious's brother), and I believe Corey Franklin. Southwind's going to be deep and combine that with great shooting and a good coach I'm smelling 15-AAA title.

And KnoxBball you're wrong for calling us out man. Look at this board and see how many Memphis Threads you see? Everybody knows Nate Rucker is a BEAST and I saw the Videos of him on the Select website at the Three. Him, and Ronald Brown are going to be the gyms of the '10. Yankee was the main one giving Melrose their due when this entire board(except for the West TN group) was on all on Bearden's jock.

P.S. I did mention Rucker in my previous posts to. Come on keep it real and keep the info coming about West TN players.

Also I heard C.J. Leslie wants to come play for the Memphis Magic/M33M Ballerz for the rest of the summer. JJ, Tarik, Kendrick, Adonis, Wade, Mayo, Crawford I'm smelling BIG TIME results from them.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jody I have no problem admitting im wrong when i'm wrong. Just as a Class of 1984 Melrose Alum. Im a little biased. And i just thought Rucker was not getting any respect on any sites. Im from a time when Big men played like him rough and rugged. And I talked to Melrose coach on Nate and he said Nate has always been a victim of his size. Because memphis no longer has true big men like the 80s. I was shocked to find out his sister is Candace Rucker. That family must jump out of the roof at home. LOL. Back durning my time guards was 6"4, 6"5 and the big men were Bedford, Bailey, Lefester Rhodes and the Master Blaster and so on. He should have been developed early as a wing player but when u the tallest player on every team u play on u know what the problem is. He get stuck in the post. Then as JJ said coaches get caught up more into winning than player development. He said he been working Nate out on the wing also and that he will be a serious surprise next season. JJ also said durning the stretch that got them to the Substate Nate and hollimon was the catalyst that got them there not Thomas or Jones. Looking back at the tapes now I agree. He got black into foul trouble in the first quarter and down the stretch against WS he was scoring at will and in the loss to Egypt brown was in the same situation as black on the bench because of foul trouble because they was not strong enough to stop him in the post. So dont hate on me to bad jody im a Memphis guy living in Koxville and just stick up for my school underdog players. LOL. So Jody and all the other unbiased bloggers keep up the good work thats what make this site work. We all have opinions and no one is more important than the next person.

Its all good man, if you got love for memphis I got brotherly love for you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Keep in mind this is CoachT after all. I'll PM you a local Memphis Site that'll give you plenty of info and Analysis on Nate Rucker and pretty much every sleeper. The guy is pretty good.

Its all good man, if you got love for memphis I got brotherly love for you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Keep in mind this is CoachT after all. I'll PM you a local Memphis Site that'll give you plenty of info and Analysis on Nate Rucker and pretty much every sleeper. The guy is pretty good.

Hey do that because I will not get to memphis to see any of the July tournaments. And here in knoxville Memphis is not a priority unless a player commit to Tn u know. O yea thanks for that info about they have videos on the select site. Saw it on Youtube also.

Hey do that because I will not get to memphis to see any of the July tournaments. And here in knoxville Memphis is not a priority unless a player commit to Tn u know. O yea thanks for that info about they have videos on the select site. Saw it on Youtube also.

Got it. Thanks a lot.

Melrose will have a superstar in Adonis Thomas and if he can check his ego at the door they are going to be the best team in the state in my opinion. I'm sticking with what Ive been saying all along about Melrose.

It's a good point to make that they could have to much talent. Duncanville Texas was loaded last season and was preseason number one and they ended up losing quite a few games, even though they had a ton of high major D1 players. On the other hand alot of other teams in the country were loaded as well and they did just fine. It's all about checking egos at the door and playing as a team.

Im not sure Chris Jones will be playing with Melrose this upcoming season. Ive been told he may go to prep school. I could be wrong, though.

As to Tarik Black. He has been holding his own and has been very impressive thus far on the AAU circuit. Ive said for years that the highschool game can harness a kids talent. Maybe that's what happened with Black...maybe not. Time will tell. But, his ranking is not a fluke as evidenced by his performances against some of the best players in the country this spring/summer. Memphis, Duke, UCLA, Arkansas, and a host of others are really interested in this kid. These schools would not waste a scholarship on a kid if they didn't think he could play at the hghest level.

Well chris already 18. he is going to prep school his SENIOR yr because he cant play in TN his senior year. Got into alot of fights,got held back, poor grades,etc.

Thanks for all the love melrose is getting guys. Being Nate's father i try not to comment on things and just stay out of silly conversations. But sometime you have to dispell rumors. No we have not commited to Southern Miss. They have offered and it has nothing to do with candace. At this point we have quite a few offers which is a total blessing to my family to be able to get two into school for free using their god giving ability. He does let it get him down sometime about to rankings and all that, but hey these are kids not robots. Went thru the same things with candace. If you dont go to certain camps or get political with people sometime you get left out. But we are looking for a big july and with the offers we have now im very happy. I hear a lot of people talk about mid major and high major. well we got plenty of both. and some may surprise a lot of you, but in my home we look at it like this, If you can go to the so called mid major and dominate as opposed to going to a memphis or like and riding the bench for 4 years i will take mid major anyday.

Thanks for all the love melrose is getting guys. Being Nate's father i try not to comment on things and just stay out of silly conversations. But sometime you have to dispell rumors. No we have not commited to Southern Miss. They have offered and it has nothing to do with candace. At this point we have quite a few offers which is a total blessing to my family to be able to get two into school for free using their god giving ability. He does let it get him down sometime about to rankings and all that, but hey these are kids not robots. Went thru the same things with candace. If you dont go to certain camps or get political with people sometime you get left out. But we are looking for a big july and with the offers we have now im very happy. I hear a lot of people talk about mid major and high major. well we got plenty of both. and some may surprise a lot of you, but in my home we look at it like this, If you can go to the so called mid major and dominate as opposed to going to a memphis or like and riding the bench for 4 years i will take mid major anyday.

That's a great point you make. I agree 100%. Is coach Grant from Alabama one of those showing strong interest or are you not at liberty to say? I can certainly understand if you can't say. Good luck to Nate wherever he goes....I will be pulling for him just like I do all the local kids. Keep up the good work. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

With all due respect I don't think Nate Would be riding the Bench at many schools. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />